100 pound weight loss goal?

Tammy C.
on 6/14/12 2:17 am, edited 6/27/12 2:19 am

Hello OH Members!

Has one of your goals been to lose 100 pounds?  Have you met your goal or are in the midst of meeting your goal?  We would love to hear from you!

Share some of your experiences, struggles, WOW moments, and advice/insights with other OH Members!    Email your photos and experiences to [email protected] .  Your photos and journey to your 100 pound weight loss goal may be published in our OH newsletter or OH Magazine!

All my best, 

Tammy Colter
Director of Media & PR
Editor-In-Chief
ObesityHelp.com
OH Magazine
joeyanderson
on 6/14/12 2:30 pm
 I've been targeting to that goal!
Barbara1965
on 6/15/12 4:34 am - Weedsport, NY
RNY on 06/11/12
I had my surgery (bypass) 6/11/12 so I just started on that goal.
mslrb2000
on 6/15/12 10:19 am
I am proud to report I have met that goal! My start weight was 394  4-5-11 and my weight today 6-15-12 is 280!! My first weight goal is 230 by my anniversary date Oct. 10, 2012. We are thinking a good range for me is 165- 200 lbs. not sure where we will land however.

My experience has been very surprising and enlightening. I sometimes dont recognize myself or my " new" attitude about my healthy lifestyle. I have good days and bad days like everyone but I no longer choose to dwell on mistakes. I do however try to examine and determine why I made a " less than the best" choice. And then just Keep Moving Forward.

My WOW moment would be the day I weighed under 300 lbs! Its been over 15 years since that has happened. The next wow would be when I had released 80 lbs and I asked my trainer to help me lift the weight Id lost.... I could not lift it. And at the realization I was no longer carrying it around I was so very proud of myself and encouraged!!!

My advice or insight for others would be to use the resources that are available to us. Support group, drs, other medical professionals, youtube, obesity help, spark people have all been invaluable to me! I dont let "opinions" decide my medical decisions but I do use all those resources as a tool or knowledge base. Have fun on your journey, document your journey, the changes may seem like slow but you will look up and 6 mths, has gone by.

Finally honor the yourself by making your health a priority and take the best care ever!!
   LaDonna R Bratton
kdunn
on 6/17/12 11:31 am - Goodlettsville, TN
I made it 108 pounds in one year post-op. Hoping to get to my goal of 150 pounds.
BethR311
on 6/17/12 11:34 am - Fort Wayne, IN
I did it! And once I can transfer pics from my phone to here, I will.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
joeyanderson
on 6/17/12 2:48 pm
 Wow that was great! I will working to that too.
stlfocus
on 6/18/12 1:21 am - IA
Hit 100 lb. goal!  One more pound to goal.

ShallowGirl
on 6/18/12 12:14 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
My surgery is on Friday and my goal is to lose 100 lbs.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

joeyanderson
on 6/18/12 2:58 pm
 Im hoping that I can really reach that goal. :)
Most Active