4yrs Post Op- Back on Track

Helen B.
on 12/29/13 2:06 am - Lake Placid, FL

Ok family.. I am coming clean for the new year!  I have been routinely weighing myself, however, today I took out my wls diary and measured myself.  My last entry was December 2011.  At first I was very sad and ashamed, however, I realized that I have kept off 100 + pounds for 4 years.  I have never done that before!  So here goes..
Surgery weight 297
lowest weight 168
current weight 188
I have gained 18 inches total since 12/2011 :(
I started a boot camp and the 5 day pouch test 3 weeks ago when I weighed in at 201, so I am proud the scale is going in the right direction.
Any suggestions to help me lose the pounds and inches?  My surgeon never gave me a goal weight, so I am not sure what I should weigh, but I was happy at 168.  My labs have been good as I have faithfully been taking supplements.
Helen

Susabelle54
on 12/29/13 3:43 am

Helen, where can i get info oN this pouch test? My surgery was in 05, was a "poster child" ;until the past year. I was okay playing with 10-15 pounds but put on another 10 and my hunger is back :(

Helen B.
on 12/29/13 3:46 am - Lake Placid, FL

It is www.5daypouchtest.com

She has written a book that I have read, but the plan is online.

Helen

DianneMN
on 12/29/13 4:28 am, edited 12/29/13 4:30 am
VSG on 02/24/14

Awesome work! I'm prepping for my surgery, hopefully on 1/27. You are truly an example of honesty and getting back on your game!

I have been doing a 'step program' through my insurance company pre-op (mandatory). I get what you're trying to accomplish. Fad exercises and such, promoted with slick marketing campaigns are unrealistic, and many times are unhealthy for many of us. Do they work for some? Yes. Are the outcomes long or short term. Well, it's all relative leading to subjective results. 

First, here's a realistic exercise site:  http://www.balls-and-bands-workouts.com. I'm extremely excited to find a common sense protocol, no fad crap.

Second, there's a weight loss body wrap that has been promoted in posts on this site's forums, and in the weight loss market. Two sites, Columbia University and Livestrong. They lay out the dangers of what I see is part of our society's focus on quick fixes to weight loss and/or fat loss. One size does not fit all.

http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/working-out-while-wrapped-plastic-good-weight-loss

http://www.livestrong.com/article/156973-dangers-of-body-wraps/

You have proved yourself! Go for what is healthy. If you felt good at your lowest weight, that's what counts. You go girl! 

Dianne 

HW 310 prior to WLS decision; 301 11/2013; Pre Op 274 on 2/24/2014; CW 233

Helen B.
on 12/29/13 4:43 am - Lake Placid, FL

Thank you Diane!  The boot camp I belong to is run by a personal trainer, and she modifies and helps me!  I tried the gym and exercise at home and it wasn't for me.. I do run in between also!

Helen

DianneMN
on 12/29/13 4:59 am
VSG on 02/24/14

Running? Impressive you are certainly on top of things. You will succeed, you have the most important piece, support and guidance. Good luck to you!

HW 310 prior to WLS decision; 301 11/2013; Pre Op 274 on 2/24/2014; CW 233

Helen B.
on 12/29/13 5:43 am - Lake Placid, FL

I know running used to be a swear word!  I have been doing 5 k's for over 1 year!  I have won 6 medals for my age group!  The only thing holding me back is my skin that flaps.

Helen

PetHairMagnet
on 12/29/13 10:56 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Were you eating more than 1680 calories daily?  Is your intake protein rich? If you take 1680-500 calories daily (1180 daily) then you should lose a pound a week per my nutritionist.

Asking the vets for some specific advice in the WLS forum for your surgery type will garner some responses! 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Helen B.
on 12/29/13 11:49 pm - Lake Placid, FL

I was not tracking my food.. I am being truthful.. I had this mindset that I could eat anything as long as it was smaller portions..

helen

Member Services
on 12/30/13 1:14 am - Irvine, CA

Be sure and check out this group! They are great with getting back on track support!

Back On Track Together

Most Active