Been around OH for awhile? Please share your WLS Journey

Member Services
on 8/6/14 2:11 am - Irvine, CA

Thank you everyone for sharing and being the encouraging light to those that are just starting out 

Marcia B.
on 8/7/14 4:04 am - CA

I had vsg surgery in July 2011. So I am 3 years and one month out. I was doing really well maintaining but got a huge surprise at the end of February. At 44 I will be having a new baby. Lol. So I have gained weight which scares the heck out of me to go through the struggle of losing it again. I've been watching my eating but I'm up to 174. Up from 128. Nutritionist and doctor are telling me I'm doing well and I'm pregnant to not worry I'm going to gain but gosh I'm hoping to be able to get back into a mindset that I can lose it again after the birth. 

Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

anna R.
on 8/7/14 11:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I joined months before my BPD to get acclimated as the site had so much helpful information.  I am 4 1/2 yrs out, 4/20/2010. Lost 126 pounds within a year and a half. Had no complications with the surgery and fell into the program very well. This site was my savior.

There were times however that I was almost 'attacked' when saying I had a BPD, Bilio Pancratic Diversion without sleeve.  I have severe esophageal issues, even though that surgery had it's dangers, I went for it. If I didn't die from the surgery I would have died from a stroke or heart attack. This surgery was done way back in the 70's and very rarely done now due to the dangers. I didn't care. But, there were some here who thought they knew everything and tried to tell me that I didn't know what I had! I had to be wrong as no one does those anymore. It put a sour taste in my mouth and eventually began stepping away from the site. 

Hated that I never had anything to wear LOL, it was weird that everything was always too big! When I shopped I went to the large size for women for months. I had never gained a pound no correction at all, until I was put on prednisone last yr for 3 months. Gained 15 pounds. Didn't think it was too bad 3 months is a long time on that crap. But since then I've had a hard time loosing it. I'm thinking part of that could have been the correction finally coming. However, I had stayed the same for 2 yrs so began accumulating a wardrobe, 12 petite. My goal was a 14. So, I was not going to go out and get a bigger size! I've lost 5lbs, but at least a 1/3 of that wardrobe is tight. I will eventually get back into them. I'm determined not to buy any other size. I feel that would be the beginning of a big mud slide. I am almost 60 and wished I had done this so much sooner than I did. For me a negative thing is I don't have any problems with sugar, which is not a good thing. The temptation is brutal. I wish I would get sick when having it so I would not want it so much. 

I sometimes have trouble with dehydration, you just forget which can not happen. Went to the hospital a couple of times because of it. But, once I realized what the symptoms were I would immediately sit down and drink drink drink and within a hour felt fine. 

I decided to come back for the moral support for this 10 lbs. I don't mind if it is only 4 or 5 lbs I just want my clothes to fit properly. I never had a correction so I don't hold out hope to go back to my lowest weight of 143.

Well that's about it. 

Anna

Most Active