Been around OH for awhile? Please share your WLS Journey

SandraKay
on 7/28/14 12:50 am - San Antonio, TX

I haven't bee on any forum in quite awhile but today I need help. Had my VSG 2/2011 and did well for about year+. Then life happened. I lost my home, moved in with my oldest daughter but less than a year later I chose to move on so my granddaughter &  hubby could move in. She lost her job & was 6 mos. pregnant. Moved in with second daughter & her boys  14 & 9. Not great situation since I have little patience with a teenager. But my daughter has been here for me. 

I'm retired,widowed & despressed with very little going on on my life. My solution has become eating. Same old habits. Don't want to exercise, don't want to track my food; just want to eat. Then I'm back to trying every diet know to man to get rid of the 25 lbs. I've regained. This doesn't work which was just one of the reasons I had WLS surgery. Think I need to talk to my WL Surgeon about a therapist to see and helpe get back on track. Obviously can't do this on my own. 

Wish me luck. Thanks for letting me rant. 

Sandra

HW: 297.6  SW: 284.0  CW: 183.0 GW: 175  
VSG: 2/28/11  Surgeon: Dr. "Sonny" Cavazos                  
Cathy W.
on 7/30/14 12:56 am

Thanks for your update.  You're in the right place for lots of support. 

As far as regain, the tool of your surgery is there for you to use.  For regain, try to take it one day or break it down into meals.  For this month, I won't graze.  Then, next month, make another change.  Instead of taking getting back on track all at once, make one change at a time.  That's what has worked for me. 

SandraKay
on 7/30/14 11:42 am - San Antonio, TX

Thanks for the reply. One meal at a time sounds like a good idea. Never thought I be in this place in time. But one step at a time/one meal at a time sounds doable. Thanks for the help. 

Sandra

HW: 297.6  SW: 284.0  CW: 183.0 GW: 175  
VSG: 2/28/11  Surgeon: Dr. "Sonny" Cavazos                  
sor09
on 8/1/14 9:59 am

Good for you! You recognize.... and being honest about things will get you back where you want to be. It won't be easy, WLS is not, nor what happens post op. Life continues and so does the stress of life. You have the tools and success is waiting for you. Rant'g is good.

MsBea
on 7/29/14 9:30 am - MN

Hi Vivian,

Thank you for what you wrote.  I wish you much strength to deal with the challenges of life.

Betty

Cathy W.
on 7/30/14 12:52 am

Hi Vivian,

You are so awesome! 

All the best to you - Cathy

Member Services
on 7/28/14 7:19 am - Irvine, CA

Thanks everyone for posting and sharing your experiences good and bad through your journey.  Nothing takes the place of vets and all they have to share.

deb.s
on 7/28/14 8:58 pm - Park Ridge, IL

Well, it's been a while since I've visited.  I had my surgery 14 years ago!  After losing 130 lbs., I've played with many ups and downs.  I'm currently trying to lose 30 lbs of regain.  My health has played a lot in my weight issues.  I've dealt with depression and back surgery back in October.  I am now facing more back surgery.  The steroids have messed with my hormones.  But I'm determined to get back on track and lose these 30 lbs!

Cathy W.
on 7/30/14 12:59 am

I had surgery 13 years ago and, like you, I've had ups/downs.  I've had two hiccups of weight regain and lost it but it was slower than the first time that I lost it right after my surgery.

I'm glad you shared your update. 

Tim W.
on 7/28/14 9:22 pm - Delray Beach, FL

Hi, I am Tim Walters, Roux en Y on July 10 2003.  Had ups and downs as well, lost 150 initially then gained back 60. Had a herniated bowel several years ago with emergency surgery, and as a result of that lost 50 lbs.  Then back up, and finally had to admit I was powerless over carbs! I then became a vegetarian (I eat dairy and eggs, no poultry, meat or seafood), and have gotten back to my smallest size. A little problem with getting enough iron, but weight gain hasn't happened, so I will take it!

Most Active