What is your favorite protein hot chocolate?

Bundlina
on 1/6/15 2:54 am

Hi,  I'm looking for a tasty hot chocolate rich in protein but not that icky protein flavor.  What's your favorite brand?  I tried Bariatric Advantage as part of a sample pack but wasn't overly thrilled.  Need something hot and chocolaty with this freezing cold weather.  TIA

Kathy S.
on 1/6/15 3:08 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi 

We did a search and this question was asked before. Here is a link to previous posts.  We hope this helps

http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/action,search_oh/?q=protei n+hot+chocolate&cx=000946886326336472648%3Ae-vpeg4uyxw&cof=F ORID%3A9

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Wiggins50
on 1/9/15 5:23 am

Bark wise hot chocolate found on a site called dietdirect online

emelar
on 1/6/15 3:46 am - TX

I heat up the Premier Protein RTD.

STB
on 1/6/15 11:30 am
RNY on 07/21/14

go to the "before and after help" web site - they have a "products" section. I have heard (but not tried yet) that the inspire products are  good. they have a chocolate.

SHARON  

NYMom222
on 1/6/15 1:11 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Big Train that makes Fit frappe has one. I have a sample haven't tried it yet. I bought the YUM SF Hot Chocolate on the Bariatric eating website. it had good reviews. it has a very mild chocolate flavor. I just don't think I would buy it again. It is only 4g protein for 110 calories. I guess I wasn't paying attention when I ordered. You can use milk to make it to up the protein, but then it is more like a meal.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/15 4:10 am, edited 1/7/15 4:18 am
RNY on 11/17/14

I do mine one of two ways! I get a packet of diet swiss miss and protein powder and mix that together, or 1tbs of cocoa powder, stevia, and protein powder. It's really tasty, and you can make it as chocolaty as you want. The cocoa powder way has 1 less carb and 1 less sugar. 

How I mix the two:

Get a big mug, pour in 4 ounces of cool liquid (I sometimes use fat-free milk for an extra kick). Pour in protein powder, add-ins (splenda/stevia/etc, diet swiss miss, cocoa powder, calcium, fiber, miralax, etc whatever powder stuff you'll use) and whisk it all together until it's kind of like a thick slurry.

Next SLOWLY pour 6 ounces of ho****er (I use my keurig and a glass measuring cup for this) into the mug, whisking/stirring the entire time. When it's all mixed and smooth I then pop it into the microwave for 45seconds to make it nice and hot.

No clumps and it's nice and hot and tasty and you don't have to go and get a specialty protein flavor. Any chocolate, unflavored, etc will work. If you want different 'tastes' add some sugar-free torani or extracts. 

Using diet swiss miss and Syntrax Nectar the macros for this are:

125 calories,  4 carbs, 0 fat, 1 fiber, 25 protein, 2 sugar.

Unsweetened Cocoa powder & Stevia

1 less carb, 0 sugar

Most Active