Thursday *****fest - 6/16/16

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/16/16 6:06 am, edited 6/16/16 6:17 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

***** (/biCH/): noun, informal. To express displeasure; grumble.

What's on your mind, OH? Incompetent coworkers? Obnoxious neighbors? Clueless significant other? Pissed off by world events? Keeping it inside is unhealthy.

• If you're going to call out another OH user, do so by name. Passive-aggressive bull**** is not tolerated and will be called out.

Put on your big-kid panties and let it all out!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

on 6/16/16 6:12 am, edited 6/15/16 11:36 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Let's start with the (******g unfortunately) obvious for this week: ORLANDO.

This is so not ******g OK that I don't have enough swear words in the entire dictionary of the universe.

And I'll leave it at that.

In other grumpiness, I'd like to ***** about dress shopping. My sister is getting married in 2 months and I want to look nice. (My brother's wedding was a few months before surgery, I looked awful, and I feel like I ruined their pictures.) I ordered a couple of dresses I liked, they showed up yesterday... and looked AWFUL, like I was some sort of mutant linebacker. I know I haven't lost enough, but I didn't think it was this bad, and I broke down crying. (I'm 7 months out from the baby, and only down ~10lb from when I came home from the hospital.)

I've got two months to lose some more and find a different dress... but I'm so demoralized right now I just can't.

April Parker
on 6/16/16 6:28 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Im sure you dont look like a linebacker... lol let alone a mutant one. Two months is adequate for a good bit of weight loss if you try hard!!! Good luck! Youll look beautiful either way!

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

SkinnyScientist
on 6/16/16 6:30 am

First, you just had a baby. NO ONE other than Giselle (who is an alien) loses the baby weight in just 2 months.

Second, are you breast feeding? If so, your body shape may have change more than you think. When you say (mutant linebacker) I think you are saying apple shaped because that shape is pretty chest and shoulder heavy.

http://www.parisciel.com/blog/en/best-wedding-guest-outfit-b ody-shape/#.V2KpuvlViIc

I like the blue and black ones for the apple shaped. They will play up your bigger boobs (from baby), but are lose around the hips and tummy (to hide any residual baby weight)>

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

on 6/16/16 6:35 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I'm 7 months out, but yeah, I do know that I need to be patient. I breastfed for 3 months, but my boobs mostly shrank back. I'm definitely an apple!

Thanks for the link, those are some great ideas! I just found a few on Amazon that are similar, I'm going to order and try on, and send back the ones that don't fit :)

Laura in Texas
on 6/16/16 7:32 am

Awe. Be kind to yourself. Keep working at it, but remember good shapewear can work wonders (and does not have to be uncomfortable). I love Flexees brand.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Dee R.
on 6/16/16 1:58 pm - CA

My favorite too!!  And NOT expensive.  I just bought the one that's like a slip.  Sure holds it ALL in!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/16 8:37 am
Revision on 07/05/16

I went through the same thing last August my little brother got married. I look so heavy in the pictures. There is one where my mom's naturally thin sister is standing behind me and I am sitting on my knees in front and my forearms are twice the size of her calves.

You are beautiful, Julie! And you are helpful and funny. I have been up and down not only because of the fistulas but from giving birth post op twice, too. You will find the right dress and have a wonderful time! 

Megan M :-)

Oxford Comma Hag
on 6/16/16 3:08 pm

It is not you! It's the cut of the dresses. It still sucks, but there you are not built like a mutant linebacker. Those dresses just don't work for you.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

SkinnyScientist
on 6/16/16 6:41 am

I GOT DIAGNOSED WITH LYME DISEASE on MONDAY!

Last Thursday and Friday, I was late for the train and I cut through the woods. Despite checking myself TWICE each day, these deer ticks are less than a size of a poppyseed.

After my long run (13 miles..yay!), the back of my knee felt itchy and the calve of that leg felt congested. I looked when I got home and sure enough, there was one of those ticks right where the spot was itchy (under leggings). A few hours later I had a HUGE WELT/LUMP where the damn thing was.  10 hours later (getting ready for bed) my husband asked me what happened and I had multiple brownish purple splots (rashes) in between the bones of my ribs and around my torso.

Went to the doc with the tick and he asks me: 1) are you tired? Me: yes, it is end of quarter and I am trying to get stuff done. 2) Do you have muscle soreness? Me: Yes, I ran 13 miles 2 days ago. 3) Do you have jont pain? Me: Yes, because I ran 13 miles 2 days ago. 4) Do you have a fever? Me: I dont know. I am always cold since I have had weight loss surgery.

So he takes my temp and I got a low grade fever (99 degrees). I figure the office just had their ac turned up.

The point is folks, NONE of the lyme symptoms were SO BAD that I could attribute them to "something really wrong". I could also attribute them to SOMETHING ELSE going on in my life. Seriously, I have had more muscle pain AFTER my tae bo liscensure test (i.e. doing tae bo pretty much for 6 hours straight in a day)...than I did from this tick/long distance run.

And the antibiotics are **** They say take with foods but 2-3 hours after having vitamins and minerals. My food is so healthy/enriched it ALL has vitamins andminerals in it except for COFFEEMATE.

And the antibiotic roll my stomach when it is empty and roll it when it is full. I just get this tremendous wave of nausea and I dont know if I am going to burp or puke.

And the worst part? The antibiotics cause photosensitive. I have the choices of a) running in the dark with a headlamp on (totally safe...yeah! [note the sarcasm)], 2) running with a long sleeved shirt and pants on (which is totally NOT workable at 80-90 degrees) or 3) run all 15 miles on a dreadmill [Gross].

-L

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Most Active