NSVs for the Week...Show us yours!

ddkVSG
on 2/10/17 9:38 am
VSG on 12/27/16

hello,

Feeling hard pressed this week to find NSVs. In part due to where my head is this week. I'm having mid-cycle pain and also some constipation. The scale has been stuck this week too. Whenever the scale sticks I break out my tape measure. Sure enough,  inches lost. So these are my NSVs

-4 inches lost in my hips since January 20.  1 inch in my waist. Half inch in my bra band. Those are the only places I measured this week and that totaled 5.5 inches lost. 

-that encouraged me to closet shop and I fit into a pair of pants I haven't been able to wear in years!  

-my butt looks smaller

-we went to the symphony this week.  The walking from parking to hall was easy and didn't cause me stress.  Sitting was perfectly comfortable.  I wasn't embarrassed to be out in public.  I felt good in my own skin.

-more on walking not causing me stress.  This has been a problem as I've gotten bigger.  Walking creates anxiety  because I have the crazy urge to pee as soon as we start walking. Post surgery that seems to have stopped.  As I reflect on this, I think it is because I have lost weight and therefore there is less pressure on my bladder.  

This is not a linear journey. I think it's important to look for changes and improvement in health, size, activity level.  We can get so caught up in the numbers on the scale that we fail to see the little things. Not all weeks are big scale changes and that can be discouraging. Discouraging thoughts can lead to pacifying with food. That habit must end. 

-last victory of the week, while my head was hormonal, I didn't seek food for comfort.

What are your victories this week?

HW 374 SW 339 CW 309GW 195 Surgery 12/27/16

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/17 11:17 am
VSG on 10/11/16

I have a bunch of little ones in the past couple of weeks, but I had a huge one this week.  I teach as part of my business.  This past Tuesday I had a student for half a day.  I spent 4 1/2 hours on my feet and did not sit down once.  My feet were tired, but they were not killing me as they have in the past.  Once he left, I took a load off for about 15 minutes, and I was good to go again.  

Congratulations on your own progress!

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/17 12:51 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Great job everyone!! So true, numbers aren't everything.  So much more to gain from this journey. 

I too have been experiencing a plateau so thankfully was able to identify a couple of NSV's:

• fit into 14/16 leggings and 18/20 tops/jackets today
  • no lie, I reached with my left hand to scratch my right shoulder and honest to God I though I had a tumor but it was my shoulder
  • put a bag of cracklins in my cart this morning and put them back and bought turkey pepperoni instead
  • stood for virtually 3 hours on concrete at my class
  • ring size went from a 9 to a 7
  • fit into the small fit bit wrist band
  • walking 3 miles plus @ least 5 times a week
  • bending over, piece of cake
Insert Fitness
on 2/10/17 1:44 pm

Hahah I did the same recently! I thought I found a lump under my arm! It was my ribs Hahahah 

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/17 1:54 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Isn't it wild??!!!!

Kathy S.
on 2/10/17 12:54 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

6 weeks back on track!  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Insert Fitness
on 2/10/17 1:50 pm

I've had a few!

realized I could reach between my legs to adjust the seat in my car. Pre op, I had to adjust before getting in.

thought of buying a jean jacket in a smaller size as a spring reward. Tried it on, it already fit! Depending on the cut of clothing, I've gone from a 28-30 (some things 32) to a 22-20. (And just for the record, I did fit in the 18 jean jacket too)

yoga! Not sure when it happened, but my belly is smaller and I realized I can hug my knees to my chest. Also, poses that seem simple for slimmer people like child's pose and pigeon are doable now!

have a great weekend everyone!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

theAntiChick
on 2/10/17 2:58 pm, edited 2/10/17 6:58 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I had been blaming my inability to wear high heeled shoes on my rheumatoid disease.  While it was partially to blame (plus working as an ER nurse... LOL) I'm finding that having near 80# relieved from my frame allows me to wear them at least for work and parties.  So Wednesday I was going to wear some tan slacks and realized I didn't have any dress shoes that weren't black.  So I went shopping at lunch and found a CUTE pair of brown low booties with a good 3" heel that I adored.  I bought them and have worn them all day today, and my feet don't hurt any more than they would have with my lower heeled pumps.

Oh, and it's a PITA, but my skinny skinny jeans from 18 years ago that I was so overjoyed to get into?  Are now getting too baggy in the seat to wear anywhere nice.  So I guess jeans shopping is on my agenda again.  Boo, hiss, but Yay!.  :D

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

(deactivated member)
on 2/10/17 3:10 pm

Hmmm  here are a few NSV's

Most recently, tried on bathing suit top (ugh, dreaded it).  I looked in the mirror to see how bad the "back flab" was hanging...There was none!  mind blowing!

I drive a Kia Soul which has a lot of room except for the front seat, My rear would always hang over...now it does not.  I sit quite comfortably!

I can walk much further and I enjoy it!

I can sit on the floor with my granddaughter!

I enjoy reading everyone else's!  Rock On!

Fredbear
on 2/10/17 4:27 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

Been fighting the scale for a week  or so now and it's frustrating. But this morning, my "comfy" jeans were in the wash, so I grabbed the other pair i bought a few weeks ago and they were now "comfy" as well, instead of tight! Inches lost == happy Fredbear.

Never thought I'd have a pair of comfy 38's! I can't wait until they're too loose to wear ;-)

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Most Active