Hit with some cravings! And some TMI

MeerKat1994
on 5/5/17 7:59 pm
RNY on 05/09/17

Hey all. Today was my last pre-op hospital visit. Finished up all my testing, now surgery on Tuesday! YAY.

I've been following my liquid diet like a champ, but dang! Today has been crazy hard. I have had intense cravings. What I would do for some meat. Like honestly, I had a mini- meltdown about it. Seriously, I felt like I was on the verge of tears, because my cravings were so bad! Good grief. So now I'm sitting here with my approved SF jello and telling myself it's actually pizza.

As a tmi side note, I've been crazy constipated for the past few days. I'm sure it's just the lack of solid food. But that combined with with my period starting up yesterday means I'm bloated and my scale stopped moving. Boo. Did anyone else struggle with pre-op constipation? Advice?

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/5/17 8:05 pm - Burleson, TX

Hang in there!!!!!! Soon, all this pre op hoop jumping will be a distant memory!

As far as the constipation goes- if nothing solid goes in, nothing solid will come out...Make sense? Unless your GI tract is uncomfortable, you probably don't have anything to worry about

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

MeerKat1994
on 5/5/17 8:13 pm
RNY on 05/09/17

You're so right! It will be worth it. :)

As far as the constipation goes, I guess I just feel sort of off. Maybe it's a combo of so much water on a virtually empty stomach and bloating from my period. What you said totally makes sense, though. Maybe it's just bloating and not anything else.

Thanks!

Kathy1212
on 5/6/17 9:49 am

Hang in there; it won't be long until you'll be eating practically nothing but meat...once you're allowed solid foods again, that is.

Can you try to distract yourself so you won't think about food? I played video games, read, walked, and watched Netflix while crocheting, lol; anything so food thoughts wouldn't drive me mad during pre op.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

Most Active