Terrified and Need Help!

Lady2This
on 6/6/17 9:03 am - NC

I had RNY November 2010. I tried in the past to get the skin removed from my stomach and was denied. I now have Aetna and on April 20, I went in for a consult and the next week on April 29, I get a letter saying I was approved!! I instantly became scared and nervous because I was approved so easily. Now, I'm terrified and having all these negative thoughts and trying to talk myself out of it. I had several surgeries in the past but for some reason this time I'm scared. My skin may not hang as much but I have rashes and it causes me back pain. I keep asking myself am I selfish because I can deal with it but I just want it done. It also makes me depressed sometimes to look at my stomach with clothes off. I want to know has anyone else been nervous and had scary thoughts before getting skin removed?? Thank you

pammieanne
on 6/6/17 9:14 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

There are a lot of people on here that have had plastic surgery, and I'm sure someone will come along soon. In the meantime, if you can find the Plastic Surgery Board, you might get more responses there.

And Congratulations!!! I understand the nervousness, but remember that this is something you can do for YOU, and believe me, if insurance is picking up the tab, you are WORTY of it! Not everyone has insurance that will cover it. Not being selfish at all... being sensible and helping your back out!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Lady2This
on 6/6/17 10:17 am - NC

Thank you for the encouragement! Those words meant a lot!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/17 9:31 am

I would be nervous. But I also would be excited if it caused me pain and rashes.

I think all of us are nervous about any new changes.

Just try to think of the positives and not the negative.

You are not being selfish about wanting the skin removed. I am one of those people who feels if it helps with your self esteem and helps you physically then do it.

Don't let others judge you on your decision.

Lady2This
on 6/6/17 10:20 am - NC

Thank you because I was also allowing others control my thoughts. I am at the point that my daughter is the only person that knows my surgery date, because when I told my mom it was no support even though she just had the sleeve and will understand soon enough. Thanks for your feedback

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/17 12:27 pm

If this is what you want to do there are always risks. It is okay to not share with others about your surgeries or other personal things in life.

People usually when fear is involved they have a tendency to be mean. Fear can bring a lot of different emotions.

I wish I could have had my skin removed when I had my last hernia surgery.

RNY_elizabeth
on 6/6/17 9:46 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I think the fact that insurance approved the surgery tells you that this is not solely a cosmetic need. Your medical team and your insurance company have all agreed the needs and benefits outweigh the risks.

I was afraid before my plastic surgery too but I am so thankful I got it done.

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Lady2This
on 6/6/17 10:21 am - NC

Thank you. Some of it has to do with the non supporters trying to make me feel guilty.

Kathy S.
on 6/6/17 10:33 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations on your weight loss

It's normal to afraid of something new. Try and think of all the positives that will come from the skin being gone. Make a list, look at a ton of before and afters. For me, the skin removal was as freeing as the weight loss. I could not move, battled really bad rashes and it was keeping me from living life as I wanted for my new weight and activity level.

It's rare now a days to get approved, you are so lucky. That being sad "YOU" have to be ready. Speak with the PS and if you are still freaking out you may want to wait. It's your choice, it's your life.

Keep us posted on what you decide, we are here for you

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Lady2This
on 6/6/17 12:28 pm - NC

Thank you! I called the office today expressing my fears and I was told that it's natural to feel this way and that it was others that work in the office that had the same thing done and was afraid but all are more than happy now.

Most Active