For Fun - Lets Talk Coffee

NYMom222
on 11/4/17 5:06 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I was more a tea drinker pre-surgery, but drank both. I drank daily in the Winter, but not so much the summer. Not anymore...

My "Usual" morning latte is made in a 32 oz Ball Mason jar.... 8oz Fairlife milk, heated 2 minutes in microwave. Add one Tbsp MCT Oil(Liquid coconut)...emulsify and froth with a stick blender. Strong Keurig coffee either French Roast or espresso... Run through twice. 2 scoops Miralax and SF Irish cream syrup. Full 32oz by the time I am done.

Each day is different as to whether I switch to tea or have more coffee etc. I have broken down and bought some decaf for night....I only do the full latte in the morning. I started doing the full cup of milk so I would have some calories and protein.

I find hot liquid much easier for the most part and after my morning one, I do 24oz travel mugs at a time.

What kind of decaf instant do you like?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

MeerKat1994
on 11/4/17 9:47 pm
RNY on 05/09/17

I love coffee. My weakness is a good latte or Mocha. Fortunately there are some really great low cal, sugar free options out there that I like to have on occasion. I have to be careful not to over indulge though.

Fun Fact: coffee is great to drink a half an hour or so before an intense workout. Not only does it help boost energy, it also helps restore and recover your muscles post workout. So I drink a coffee mixed with half a protein shake and a smidge of artificial sweatner 3-5 days a week before my morning workouts!

Erin T.
on 11/5/17 5:11 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I drink a half pot of 1/2 caff every morning with Premier Protein (about 1/4-1/3rd of one in each cup) and 1 TBSP of heavy cream. If I'm without my PP I will do 1 stevia and 1 TBSP of heavy cream instead.

The rest of the day I buy coffee (if I drink it at all). We have two coffee shops on campus. My normal order is a large coffee with SF Cinnamon Brown Sugar syrup and a splash of 2% milk. I do that some days, but not all. When I'm traveling I will order a decaf iced coffee with Splenda and unsweetened coconut at Dunkin or a decaf iced americano w/ SF syrup and a splash of cream at Starbucks.

Honestly, the only coffee I really love is the kind I make at home!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Jester
on 11/6/17 12:34 pm
RNY on 03/21/16

Ah, coffee, nectar of the gods! I drink my coffee black. Almost exclusively Keurig pods (I actually bought a Keurig that I could plumb into my water line - this could give you some insight into my love of coffee). At work I use a French Press for my coffee fix - usually Mocha Java or a Costan Rican bean

I also love Iced Coffee in the summer. I use whole milk and Splenda when I drink it iced. And of course Lattes and Cappuccinos - this I get with skim milk and add some cinnamon and Splenda.

In fact I enjoy coffee so much I have switched over to mainly drinking tea. I was just drinking far, far too much coffee. I rarely have over 16-20oz a day at most these days

So now I drink far too much tea! But it's lower in caffeine and easier on the stomach and I've found I enjoy it quite a bit. I brew it from loose leaves and drink a lot of White and Oolong tea. Occasionally some Black or Pu 'eh tea as well.

Smoka
on 11/7/17 4:37 am
RNY on 09/12/17

Hi,

Before surgery I would have at least 2 cups in the am. ...with a ton of cream. I tried to wean myself off the cream and went for milk, but realized that it was just best to have it black. I tolerated it for a while but it just wasn't the same.

Then about about 2 months before surgery I tried decaf (with cream) and I didn't really find a difference so I was able to switch to decaf pretty easily.

Right after surgery I could not tolerate any coffee at all and did not crave it at all.

Now, 2 months after surgery, I still make decaf and add carnation milk (1 gram of protein per tbsp) or steamed milk with foam. I am also able to share a pot (we make it french press bodum style) with my husband of the regular coffee, although I only usually have half a cup.

My favourite when I go out is a tall starbucks flat white or small tim horton's with 4 milk. (I'm Canadian).

Barb

Referred May 2016, Orientation July 4, 2016, Pre-Nutrition Class March 31, 2017, Nurse April 10, 2017, Blood work/ECG April 13, 2017, Ultra-sound April 27, 2017, Psychologist May 30, 2017, Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy June 5, 2017, Internist June 13, 2017, Dietician June 14, 2017, 2nd Round of blood work August 2, 2017, Surgeon September 6, 2017, Surgery September 12, 2017 - St. Joe's Hamilton - No Opti

Height 5"4" HW 231 SW222 CW141

PreOp-9 lbs M1-20lbs M2-11lbs M3-13lbs M4-7lbs M5-8lbs M6-7lbs M7-5lbs M8-5lbs M9-2lbs M10-0lbs M11 - 0lbs M12 - 0lbs

mute
on 11/7/17 10:42 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I love coffee. When I used to work from home I never drank it. Then I started working in an office and I started drinking it daily. Now I drink it black with sugar free syrup. I love buying different flavors and having different ones. I never buy coffee unless I'm away from home traveling.

On the weekends I make it in a french press and do the same thing - SF syrups.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Most Active