I deserve this

Kristi T.
on 1/18/18 9:36 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Thank you, I just printed this out and am going to put it on my bathroom mirror!

Renren
on 1/18/18 10:05 am
VSG on 12/02/15

Your'e right. And also, Don't hide sweets in your house. It's too available in a weak moment.

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

Mary K.
on 1/18/18 1:28 pm

Juniper,

Great, inspiring post. I am like you, have candy lingering from Christmas, and actually have hubby and younger kids (*****ceived the candy) who will not allow me to pitch it. If I were you, I would stick to positive affirmation, as they have shown our brains will flip a negative the other way. So if you say "I don't deserve things that are bad for me", your brain could interpret it the opposite way. I would stick with the last thing you wrote, "I deserve health and happiness."

I also understand where the I deserve this came from. I have struggled giving up chocolate and sugar, and I am a diabetic. It is so impossible feeling, and I get resentful about it, because it does truly suck that I cannot have it. But like you said, we deserve to be healthy and happy, so that means no sugar and low carb.

I am hoping I can find the same spirit you did. I'm using self-hypnosis to try to get over the chocolate and sugar addiction.

We shall see :-)

Mary K.

Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is the definition of insanity.
Do or Do Not, There is no TRY. - Yoda

RNY- 2/2008- Before Surgery-336-Lowest Weight- 248 Current Weight (w regain) 284.4 GOAL->200

MeerKat1994
on 1/19/18 4:26 am
RNY on 05/09/17

There's a popular Bariatric surgeon on YouTube, who I'm personally not a big fan of. But he did say one thing that really stuck with me. It was essentially the exact same sentiment. You don't "deserve" that cupcake or that bite of pizza, because you deserve better!

You deserve to live your best, longest, happiest, healthiest life. Those foods might taste good, but so often they hurt us. Foods that don't help our bodies physically, often hurt us mentally and emotionally too. When I'm eating food that offers little nutrients, I tend to struggle with elevated anxiety and depression-because my body is lacking what it needs.

We deserve physical and mental and emotional health. Love your post!

Most Active