Scary!

Willie H.
on 11/21/19 11:06 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Does anyone watch 600 lb life and actually get hungry? I do! So now I know I'm sick!! Food should repulse me as I watch it, but there I am eating popcorn!!! The show really helps us see the abnormal emotional relationship we can have with food!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

ScaleSkater
on 11/21/19 11:22 am

Are you planning on doing something different with this insight? I'm a big advocate of needing a therapist in our support network. Mine is one of the two most important things I'm doing to make this weight loss different from all the others before that didn't end well for me. I see things now that I never would have on my own. We don't and likely never will have a normal relationship with food, so it's important to build tools to help us deal with it. And one important distinction - it's not a relationship with all food, but just certain items. You didn't reach for a pile of asparagus while watching.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

TheWombat
on 11/21/19 3:31 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

Is this you? -->

I don't get hungry while watching it; I find the show to be an effective appetite suppressant. But I have an advantage in that I am repulsed by meat, and that's what they are eating half of the time.

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/19 3:52 pm

I find the show just so horrible I can't take my eyes away !

And I'm endlessly grateful to brave Dr No for drawing attention to this prevalent but heretofore ignored problem and for daring to operate and help this largely ignored segment of even the morbidly overweight. .

no Willie I could not possibly eat popcorn lol .... the show inspires me to swim to walk to do anything I can to maintain my health . (((())) but U make me smile :) always ...

Willie H.
on 11/22/19 9:00 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Sorry. I was actually speaking 'tongue in cheek', just being facetious and frivolous. It amazes me how much they eat-and especially fast food!? And it's not like the food is inexpensive-it adds up! Especially with that quantity! You would think rich people would be the most obese but obviously it comes down to the kind of food we eat and the convenience. Most of the people on the show live in rural areas and appear to be of modest means. The more I watch the show and see how food can control us, the more I want to be in charge of how I eat-so it comes down to buying good food and preparing it myself. But I do realize that "what we eat" really comes down to "what's eating us"?

But I do agree, yes, therapy for many would be instrumental in aiding weight loss because even with a reduced stomach, if the mindset is still there-how long before we get back to where we were? And many times weight-loss on the show is not attained until issues are dealt with from their past. So to set it straight-I DO NOT eat popcorn while watching the show but i do feel for the people and respect Dr Now's no-nonsense approach. He IS truly are saving lives!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/22/19 9:38 am

Now or even before RNY I liked good food

Except some candies that I could eat and eat Be sick but keep eating it

Even now, getting a better quality food makes me full much faster and keep full longer I think the fillers in some of the junk food can trigger addiction And the fillers dilute the good taste so we need more and more to be satisfied

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/19 4:09 am

I too wonder if they're just BORED to death and feel out of options / possible stimulation except thru the tastebuds . Very limited frightened lives ... that get even smaller as the waistline expands and mobility decreases.

and I suspect there are LOTS more out there ... doctor No is getting pickier and more rigorous in his pre op demands I suspect because he has a LONG waiting list .

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/19 2:43 pm

Well OBVIOUSLY Ure tot cool Baby !! Of course I respect and second your informed opinion. ((()))) huggy luvs respect always ( Ava )

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/22/19 9:33 am

to me seeing some of the people eating huge amount of junk foods, is really a deterrent to eat anything

I just can't, I get putt off or my appetite is gone

When I was MO I had no problem with volume, but rather what ate: sweets, lots of sweets

Candies, Cookies, etc

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

jmk187
on 11/25/19 3:02 pm
VSG on 02/13/19

Before Surgery watching my600lblife and eating food was one of my favorite things to do. I'd be watching it shaming them and saying to myself "OMG how can they do this??" As I sit there eating my takeout from 3 different places and weighing 350lbs.

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

Most Active