my account | bariatric surgeons | plastic surgeons | hospitals | professionals | help
home   my oh   photos   people   forums   groups   magazine   events   q&a
How to Eat a Healthy Diet Without Leaving Your Taste Buds or Wallet Behind!
by Margaret Furtado, MS, RD, LDN, RYT and Chef Joseph Ewing, BA Culinary Nutrition, AS Culinary Arts

It?s 2010, and some most of us are hurting from the past few years of financial struggle. So for this year, let?s try cutting down on the cost of food, while still keeping the same quality of food, or even improving it.

Having healthy and delicious foods do not have to break the bank! Trying for fresh produce is always great, but frozen produce is a good alternative, and is usually less expensive. Stock your freezer with a few bags of frozen vegetables or fruit so you can have them available whenever you need them. Also, many grocery stores have sales on frozen vegetables, such as ?buy three for $5.00? and...Read More and have a chance to WIN a copy of Eat Well after Weight Loss Surgery

More Articles:
New Year, New Deductible
A Case for Long-Term Aftercare
Before & After Photos

Do you have a story to share with OH Members? For publication consideration, email your article submission to [email protected]. Feel free to include photos!

Bariatric Advantage
Bariatric Advantage? is the leading provider for procedure-specific micro-nutritional products, educational services, and meal replacements to the weight loss surgery market since 2002.
www.bariatricadvantage.com

Celebrate Bariatric Supplements
Options for every patient - chewable tablet, capsule, drink mix, and creamy bites! Celebrate Health. Celebrate Life. Celebrate Vitamins!
www.celebratevitamins.com

New York Bariatric Group
The SILS Lap-Band. Lap-Band through a single incision hidden in the belly button. Quicker recovery, improved cosmesis.
Shawn Garber MD, FACS
www.stopobesityforlife.com

Discount Bariatric Foods & Vitamins
Save 30-50% on Bariatric Diet Foods and Vitamins developed for all phases of bariatric surgery. Great Prices, FREE Shipping on orders over $79, 100% Money-Back Guarantee.
Limited Time Offer: Save 15% with Coupon Code: OBESITYHELP.
www.BariatricChoice.com
Featured Recipe
Strawberry Greek Yogurt

Ingredients
8 oz, 0% Fat Greek Yogurt (Fage or Wal-Mart?s Oikos)
1/2 cup fresh strawberries
Sugar free strawberry syrup to taste (Torani or DaVinici)
1/4 cup of Muesli
Splenda
1 scoop...Read More

*Recipe submitted by Kathy S.-
ObesityHelp.com Support Services Associate

Would you like to share your original recipes with OH Members? Send your recipe submissions to [email protected]. Please try to include a photo of your recipe. Additionally, you can check out the Recipe Forum for more recipe sharing.

Get a 1-year subscription (6 full issues) of
OH Magazine for just $9.95! Use Code "HolidayReaders".
Click here to take advantage of this limited time offer!
(Offer ends Jan. 31st)

For January, more than 100 ObesityHelp.com members shared their New Year goals with us.

Click here to check out what they had to say and let us know yours!

OH Bloggers
Inspiration, Support and Personal Journeys

Featuring: tillmacc
NEW LEVELS, NEW DEVILS
I used to hear the old saints say "New Levels, New Devils", "meaning the higher you progress the bigger the problems). I am finding that to be true in life and even in my weight loss journey. Since my weight loss journey began at 243 lbs in January (working towards the 10% weight loss required by Blue Cross) I am down to 185.5. I have lost a total of 57.5 lbs and 24% of my total body weight, Since surgery on Sept 14 I have lost 28.5 lbs and 36% of my excess weight (when calculated against a goal of 135 lbs).

My diabetes meds were discontinued while I was in the hospital for RNY and my...Read More

Membership PERKS
Spot your user name below? If so, please e-mail us at [email protected] with your username and mailing address; you have until February 20, 2009 to let us know you spotted your name. Winners were selected at random. Be sure to check out our newsletter for a different membership perk next month!
Congratulations
to our Winners!
michelle718
(NY, USA)

altheda71
(GA, USA)

If this is you please e-mail us at [email protected] to claim your prize!
Email Feedback JOIN ObesityHelp.com