March 2010 Newsletter

my account | bariatric surgeons | plastic surgeons | hospitals | professionals | help
home   my oh   photos   people   forums   groups   magazine   events   q&a

Metabolic-Madness
by Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS

Which weighs more, a pound of muscle or a pound of fat? Ok just kidding, a pound is a pound but you would be surprised to know how many times I have been asked that question. Generally that question or others like it, refer to the old adage about muscle weighing more than fat and muscle increasing metabolic rate. There is no doubt about it, the more muscle you have, the higher your resting metabolic rate will be. The same however can be said about weight in general; the more you weigh the higher your resting metabolic rate is. Similar to many other nuggets of knowledge that we often take as "fitness gospel", the trail of misinformation is often lined with money. So, how overstated, understated or misrepresented is the...Read More

More Articles:
What We Eat
Motivation: The Key to your Success
Before & After Photos

Do you have a story to share with OH Members? For publication consideration, email your article submission to [email protected]. Feel free to include photos!

Bariatric Advantage
Bariatric Advantage™ is the leading provider for procedure-specific micro-nutritional products, educational services, and meal replacements to the weight loss surgery market since 2002.
www.bariatricadvantage.com

Celebrate Bariatric Supplements
Options for every patient - chewable tablet, capsule, drink mix, and creamy bites! Celebrate Health. Celebrate Life. Celebrate Vitamins!
www.celebratevitamins.com

Rose Procedure
Incisionless revision of gastric bypass surgery. Contact the nations leaders in endoscopic revision surgery – The New York Bariatric Group at
877-321-NYBARIATRIC or
www.stopobesityforlife.com

Discount Bariatric Foods & Vitamins
Save 30-50% on Bariatric Food & Vitamins developed for all phases of bariatric surgery. Great Prices and FREE Shipping on orders over $79. 100% Money-Back Guarantee. For a limited time, Save an additional 10% off with Coupon Code: OBESITYHELP
www.BariatricChoice.com
Featured Recipe
March Meatloaf Madness

Turkey Cheeseburger Meatloaf

I was inspired by a Paula Deen recipe, but I have tweaked the recipe to make it healthier and to fit my own personal taste.

Quick, easy and tasty!
Hope you...Read More

By Saralicious,
OH Member Support Team

Would you like to share your original recipes with OH Members? Send your recipe submissions to [email protected].

Special Announcement:
Site Changes Coming Soon!

In the coming weeks you will see a number of changes here at ObesityHelp. In preparation for those changes we wanted to give you the chance to see what is coming.
Click here to check out the new stuff.

For March, over 80 OH members share what motivates their weight loss and life in general.

Click here to check out what they had to say and to share what motivates you.

OH Bloggers
Inspiration, Support and Personal Journeys

Featuring: Sarahlicious
My Story in Support of HR 4662: Lymphedema Treatment Act
I receieved an e-mail this week from the National Lymphedema Network annoucing that legistlation regarding Lymphdema treatment had been introduced in Congress. As I read the e-mail I began to cry, because finally my struggle was being addressed. There were others out there who understood, and better yet there were people in a position of power who were willing to make change happen.

I immediately posted my personal story on my blog, and contacted my representive's office to get...Read More

Membership PERKS
Spot your user name below? If so, please e-mail us at [email protected] with your username and mailing address; you have until April 20, 2010 to let us know you spotted your name. Winners were selected at random. Be sure to check out our newsletter for a different membership perk next month!

Congratulations
to our Winners!
Lowcountry
(SC, USA)
If this is you please e-mail us at [email protected] to claim your prize!
Email Feedback JOIN ObesityHelp.com
Most Active