Liquid Diet

cdreamyd
on 2/23/12 1:30 pm - CO
RNY on 03/05/12
I was finally approved for my RYN am scheduled for 3/5.. Sooo Excited have been waiting for this day for over 2 years and cant seem to get here fast enough. So I am on my liquid diet I started it on Monday so this was day 4 and they say it gets better after day 4.. Im not thinkin this. It sucks. Feels like your starving yourself.. :( I am allowed to eat thinned cream of wheat, strained soups, SF Jello, SF pudding, SF Popscicles and of course protien shakes. And lots of water. Anyone have any suggestions., I have 10 more days to go..
acbbrown
on 2/23/12 1:57 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I cant really help because I ddint have to do anything like this, but liquid diets pre-op seem like cruel and unusual punishment!! I guess if it were me Id be eating a lot of SF pudding :-p  Warm liquids tend to help curb hunger - maybe some broth or something?

All I can say is keep your eye on prize here - keep your self distracted and try not to think about it. 10 days will seem like  nothing in the grand scheme of things - you can totally do this!!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

PozestStar
on 2/24/12 4:38 am - AL
RNY on 02/06/12
I had to do 2 weeks of liquid diet before, and 2 weeks AFTER surgery.  I thought I was going to go insane.  You can do this!  Just think, the more weight you lose before surgery, the smaller your liver will be.  The easier your surgery will go   For me, it did get better by the first 5-7 days.  You just sort of fall into a groove and get used to drinking everything.

Sugar free hot chocolate was my friend.  Most of the time I just wanted something warm because it made me feel fuller.  Chicken broth, tomato bisque/soup, milk with sugar free chocolate syrup (it's hard to find, but it's out there) was a fun dessert.

You may have done all of that already.  I know it can be mentally draining, but you can do it!  Like the person above me said, keep your eyes on the prize!

Brenda C.
on 2/24/12 4:51 am
I started using Chike before surgery, and STILL use it -- Meal Replacement Drinks.  Five flavors, 28 grams of protein, a good supply of your daily required nutrients, and 190 calories.  If you go to iLikeChike.com - contact them for a sample pack -- if you drop my name - Brenda from OH - they may waive the $7 postage -- otherwise, it is $7 to TRY all five (full serving) flavors.

They also will refund your money if you do not like the flavor, but with five to choose from, I find it hard not to LOVE Chike ;)

Brenda : )~
Lucky2talk2
on 2/24/12 5:28 am - Renton, WA
EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

As far as the liquids for 2 weeks... I did not have to do that. So I have no wise advice.... Other than maybe suck it up... Lol.

You will make it through and then surgery!!

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

cdreamyd
on 2/24/12 6:44 am - CO
RNY on 03/05/12
Thank you everyone.. Yea I cant wait till 3/5. Im going to have to go get some SF hot Chocolate I didnt think of that..
Marilyn101
on 2/24/12 10:46 am - FL
Congratulations on your surgery date, this is the beginning of your new journey. Best wishes and keep us posted.
Tami F.
on 2/25/12 4:43 am - Key West, FL
RNY on 03/06/12
I'm right there with you on the liquid diet. We can support ourselves thru it! I'm on optifast 5x/day, SF jello, crystal light and lots and lots of water. I've blended my vanilla optifast with ice and SF jello (tried cherry and orange so far) and it's really good. Maybe try your protein shakes with the jello like that and see how you like it.

Stand strong! We can do this!

~tami
 ~tami  

Most Active