Lapband problems- Surgeon says needs removed switch to RNY?? HELPP

Nate K
on 5/6/12 9:03 am - Akron, OH

Thanks for reading this post everybody. To make a long story short, I had lapband surgery when I was 15 1/2 years old in 2007 everything was alright and going well for the first 8 months or so but then started to go down hill. Well after gaining weight back and having some problems as far as acid reflex and hurting sometimes when eating. I finally went to the doctors and he said that their is a minor slip. He said that if I was his son he would recommend me to get the Roux en-Y (RNY) surgery or sleeve as another option because the lapband is eventually going to have to be removed. He said because I am still young ( 20 years old )the operation to remove the lapband and have RNY would be low risk. However, he said that the choice is up to me and take a month to think/research what I want to do.

So here is where I need help/support on what to do because I am just starting to research more of the RNY surgery. I wish I could start the entire surgery all over again however I probably still have the same problems.

Has anybody got the lapband taken out and went to RNY or SLEEVE? If so, how did it go? Any problems?

Any recommendations on what I should do?

Nate 

Talmani
on 5/7/12 9:03 am - Phoenixville, PA
Nate - I have the sleeve and love it but was not a revision. You may want to post your question on the VSG or RNY board. The VSG board has lots of revisions. Good luck!
Highest weight 265/ Surgery weight 256/ Goal weight 160   
Cindy22706
on 5/10/12 10:56 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
There are many band to sleeve revisions over on the VSG board, you may want to ask them about their experiences, from what I hear, they LOVE it!

Most Active