Shopping DS Surgeons in Mexico

goodkel
on 6/3/11 3:44 am
You seem to forget that you are here to LEARN. That you are asking for the FAVOR of giving your questions thought and the time responding to you. While ass kissing is not required (though not entirely inappropriate, either), you need to work on your "attitude of gratitude."

Besides the nerve of stepping into an established social environment and immediately dictating behavior, your qualifications of age, IT work, and knowing someone who had the DS in 2004 brings you right up to the level of the check out girl at my supermarket DS knowledge-wise.

You can choose to block adult content, too, btw. Find it and use it if language offends you. You can also block individual posters who too often offend your touchy sensibilities. I'd be careful there, though. Those "offensive" posters also tend to be the most knowledgeable.

And be very careful about the bridges you burn. There is no aftercare with Ungson. Not a big deal since 99% of the after care out there with US surgeons ranges from insufficient to downright deadly. You WILL need help tracking your labs and managing your DS and there is no place with greater knowledge and experience than right here.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/11 7:47 pm
Bottom line is this.  We've seen people butchered, even die, from non vetted, non experienced surgeons.

It's certainly your body if you want to take a chance - but if you are as well educated and researched as you say you are?  You'll listen to the years of experience of vets on this board.  We are angry because in spite of warnings, we've seen people ignore, and then come back with their tales of woe afterwards.  it's exhausting.

Have you found ANY patients of Aceves who had a lap DS?  Have you talked to them, emailed them personally?  What about the others you are using for comparison?

I talked to tons of my doctors patients before I chose - and that was 6 years ago. 

My doctor is the least internet savvy of anyone I know - but he's a damn good cutter.  That's what mattered to me.

Good luck.
Elizabeth N.
on 6/3/11 6:34 am - Burlington County, NJ
Oh yeah, he is indeed almost as Internet clueless as they come :-). Should we mention to her that he has an excellent self pay package? He's good enough at avoiding patients he doesn't want, do I guess he can take care of himself....

Renee2007
on 6/4/11 6:05 am - Central, FL
 *Like*

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/11 11:47 pm - Saint Louis, MO
Ok.. when you start off with "First, let me get this out of the way: Ungson, Ungson, Ungson. Yes, I know. He's the only DS surgeon in Mexico, blah, blah, blah."

Umm.. yeah.. that's pretty insulting.  That's like saying "Hi, I read all of your responses the last 5million times this question was asked, but I think you're stupid so I'm going to ask again hoping for a new response".  Then you're shocked when you get some rude responses.  Uhhh... right.

I will also jump on the wagon and say there's no WAY I could have driven more than an hour even three weeks after surgery.  I drove myself back to Indy (a 4 hour drive) a month post-op and regretted it enormously.  I was too tired, too weak and couldn't stay hydrated in the car.  
Sarah_Anne
on 6/3/11 1:29 am
 "So.... any feedback on these two surgeons or any other surgeons who perform DS in Mexico? I am not looking for the cheapest price... but would like one or two options to consider in addition to Ungson. Really looking forward to everyone's thoughts and comments."

I get that the tone of this board might be a bit forthright for some peoples tastes.  But I do want to point out very gently that you very specifically asked us for our opinion.  You can't cry BULLY if you don't like what you hear.  People are being very honest about this stuff.  Be humble enough to take some guidance from people who have been there are done that.  I would be lost with out this board.  Really lost.  

Now I am half a world away (I live in Israel) BUT I have been around enough to see a few people come through here butchered.  When a certain surgeon gets a certain reputation, there is a reason for it.  We do have a member Larissa, who didn't listen and has had severe consequences.  She almost died.  Like I said, please take some guidance.  I hope you understand we all have your best possible welfare at heart.  

HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
Elizabeth N.
on 6/3/11 6:37 am - Burlington County, NJ
Of course she can cry bully. FREEDOM OF SPEECH lets her do that. Doesn't mean it has to be true or sane.

Sarah_Anne
on 6/3/11 7:28 am
The thing is she just wants validation.  She has already made up her mind what she is going to do and wants to be petted on the head.  Sorry, no can do.  I think I am all out of head-petting for the day.  
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
Elizabeth N.
on 6/3/11 8:23 am - Burlington County, NJ
I save head patting for when it's appropriate. Notice I haven't wasted any time on a direct response. I also just LOVE the old "I got all these PM's from people who are afraid to post on the forum." If you are that much of a coward, well....

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/11 10:34 am - San Jose, CA
Freedom of speech?  She mommy buttoned my post and it was pulled for using the F word.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1061 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1224 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 506 views