My Mom Won't Support Me and Is Being Very Negative!

bookfaerie
on 9/9/11 5:54 am, edited 9/9/11 5:55 am
 No what I am saying is that many many things come into play when making personal decisions. I understand rhetorical devices quite clearly. I am not comfortable with overly busy surgeons or practices which use the lapband. Other people are. I am also not overly concerned with vetted or unvetted surgeons. Other people are. We all make decisions based on a number factors. Those factors colored mine. Editing to add: What accusations? I made a simple statement. I believe that Keshishian and Rabkin both have incredibly busy practices. I'm not entirely comfortable with that. I'm also ethically against the lapband. That colors how I feel about Rabkin's practice. I DO like that Keshishian refuses to do the RNY. I didn't like that Crookes only does the DS open. All of those factors can and did affect how I came to my decision. Period. And they may not personally bother anyone else. They bothered me. 
 "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"What your heart thinks is great, is great. The soul's emphasis is always right." Ralph Waldo Emerson    
(deactivated member)
on 9/9/11 6:04 am - San Jose, CA

And exactly WHAT facts do you base your accusations that ****ither Rabkin or Keshishian have "incredibly busy practices" or (2) that Rabkin does the band?

You have jammed your head up your ass in trying to twist yourself and the facts in defending your indefensible position - which is based on YOUR hypersensitive and defensive assessment that our trying to discourage an uninformed newbie from using an unheard of, much less unvetted, surgeon is "bullying."  You are ridiculous.

bookfaerie
on 9/9/11 6:27 am
 Simple. I called. I asked. I haven't been hypersensitive. Nor have I resorted to personal attacks such as telling someone they have their head jammed up their ass. 
I don't like that Keshishian and Rabkin have busy private practices. 
It's a personal feeling. I've made that clear. You on the other hand are resorting to rudeness and hypersensitivity, not me. 
My opinion is: A vetted surgeon is only ONE criteria in accepting personal responsibility for who we choose as our surgeon. 
I am entitled to my opinion. But apparently you believe yours is the only one that matters. 
That is... your opinion Diana.

"Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius." Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"What your heart thinks is great, is great. The soul's emphasis is always right." Ralph Waldo Emerson    
(deactivated member)
on 9/9/11 6:50 am - San Jose, CA

YOU are making accusations of bullying.

YOU are making unfounded accusations that (1) Rabkin and Keshishian have "busy private practices" - whatever that means - and that (2) there is something unsavory and unsafe about it, assuming, arguendo, that there is any truth to your accusation.

Speaking of which, here are another few factors to take into account with Belzberg's practice: (1) he's at an HMO, which means they feed him patients as fast as they can FORCE him to see them; (2) he does hardly ANY DSs, which leads to the very probems facing not only bariatric surgeons with very little experience in the first place (steep learning curve) and whatever skills he - and the rest of his surgical team - might have, deteriorate between procedures; and (3) he does mostly non-DS surgeries, putting him in the same category of your reviled RNY and Lapband attacks.

In any case, peer reviewed publications support my position: I'd rather go with the relatively busy surgeon who has LOTS of experience, whose team has LOTS of experience, and both have lots of UP-TO-DATE experience - than someone who DABBLES in the DS like your Dr. Belzberg.

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/11 12:53 pm
(deactivated member)
on 9/9/11 1:06 pm - San Jose, CA

I'd be happy to - if you invent something biotech-y or medical and you need a patent.  Otherwise, I'll try to stick to my area of expertise - I don't "dabble" in the practice of law, because it's not good for the client, or my license.

newyorkbitch
on 9/9/11 7:02 am
Why don't you  like it that they have busy private practices?  What do you think good surgeons with good reputations have? 
Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/9/11 7:02 am - Tuvalu
On September 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM Pacific Time, bookfaerie wrote:
 Simple. I called. I asked. I haven't been hypersensitive. Nor have I resorted to personal attacks such as telling someone they have their head jammed up their ass. 
I don't like that Keshishian and Rabkin have busy private practices. 
It's a personal feeling. I've made that clear. You on the other hand are resorting to rudeness and hypersensitivity, not me. 
My opinion is: A vetted surgeon is only ONE criteria in accepting personal responsibility for who we choose as our surgeon. 
I am entitled to my opinion. But apparently you believe yours is the only one that matters. 
That is... your opinion Diana.

"I don't like that Keshishian and Rabkin have busy private practices."

That tends to happen when you do a lot of surgeries and almost every one survives and...and this is the silliest part...that surgeon continues to provide long-term post-op care.  They both ought to cut all that **** out.

bookfaerie
on 9/9/11 7:05 am
 I never said they were bad surgeons. I said that had something to do with my decision making process. I know they are super busy because they are good. But that doesn't negate that they are super busy. 
And as to what Diane said, Kaiser physicians have regular on call shifts in general. And again this was a part of MY decision making process. It certainly doesn't have to be a part of anyone else's. 

newyorkbitch
on 9/9/11 7:15 am
Why is being busy bad?
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1080 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1247 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 510 views