WHAT ARE YOU EATING PRE-WORKOUT FOR ENERGY?

Kim S.
on 4/14/11 6:08 am - Helena, AL
I work out when I get home from work so I'm pretty hungry before I do it....I have 4 low fat Ritz with Colby cheese--this really does the trick for me!

weenie
on 4/15/11 10:35 am
I usually work out in the evening so about 3:30 -4PM I eat half of an Erin Baker breakfast cookie. Works well for me.
cabin111
on 4/15/11 12:36 pm
Small amounts of banana, peanutbutter, and orange juice...I do the OJ for potassium.
Sarah108
on 4/15/11 11:38 pm - Santa Fe, NM
 Hi.

I find that I usually have a breakfast of either a High Protein shake (23 grams)  or if I have the time, Irish oatmeal ( 1/8 a cup dry)  1/4 cup of cooked wild rice, 2 T of grape nuts cereal and 2 T of Trader Joe's  Mango Smoothie.( I never get enough fiber)  Like you, I can run out of steam during a workout, so I pack in my bag Beef Jerky, or Trader Joe's light Baby Bell  cheese ( 50 cals) which I eat during my work out. I love working out and I swim a mile , do stationary bicyicle or Nu step for 70 minute and if it is a good day circuit training for 35 minutes.

What frustrates me is I haven't gotten any clear answers on weight training and other exercises  for gastric by pass patients. I am 8 months out and only now have been able to eat 3oz of meat, fish or chicken at a sitting. Most days with my limited caloric intake 1100 calories -more or less- combined with my exercise-I usually have on average an caloric deficit of -1100 calories or more. I have lost 132 lbs in a year and now I am loosing weight at a snail's pace. If any one knows of a good website that addresses these issues  I'd greatly appreciate any pointers.

Sorry about not having a face to go with my post I have tried soooooo many times to post my before and present photos and having a hell of time. I put at the correct size but it still wont post. Yikes!

Sarah

tinamarie47
on 4/17/11 10:54 am - Hot Springs, SD
Thanks for your reply Sarah...

I am starting the new Jillian Michaels DVD Shred with weights as I am a bit in the dark as well. I had been doing Body For Life over the year prior to surgery and now I feel I need something more revved to build muscle-especially in the upper arms so it doesn't look as though I'm ready to "take flight!"

I'll give the ideas you listed a try my next Zumba class since it runs 60+ minutes and that's where I poop out the most.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.   Phil: 4:13    View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
BigCaliSmile
on 4/16/11 1:57 pm - La Puente, CA
Wow I think this was a terrific question I enjoyed these suggestions and will apply it to my pre workout meal
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
Most Active