Exercise Question

Kelly W.
on 10/29/12 5:17 am - WA

I had gastric bypass in 2008 and lost all the weight I wanted to lose without exercising...then should of started but was so depressed with all the extra skin....so still did not exercise.  In June I had a lower body lift and breast aug & lift and feel much better about myself and am working out like a maniac.  My butt, thighs and arms still are real soft....will I ever be able to tighten it up with exercise or am I always going to be soft.  No more surgeries for me but was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this and have any hints, or suggestions.  Thanks

acbbrown
on 10/29/12 10:40 am - Granada Hills, CA

You can build muscle...you cant tighten skin. I have tons and tons of excess skin but I can still see and feel muscle underneath it all.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Carol S.
on 10/30/12 11:44 pm - Milwaukee, WI
On October 29, 2012 at 5:40 PM Pacific Time, acbbrown wrote:

You can build muscle...you cant tighten skin. I have tons and tons of excess skin but I can still see and feel muscle underneath it all.

Definitely this.  It's a great feeling to know that I am strong-despite how much skin I have.

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Kim S.
on 10/30/12 12:02 am - Helena, AL

You can "fill" the skin with muscle which will make it look better, but you cannot tighten loose skin.

Are you lifting weights?  I lift 15 lb weights and have very defined arm muscles.

Most Active