Recent Posts

Jill R.
on 9/2/04 5:08 am - Fallon, NV
Topic: RE: Hello, I was here! ha ha!
HELLO HELLO HELLO!! I love this web site. Finding new things everyday. I have been blessed to finally work full time at the career in which I have had a license for 17 years!! I LOVE IT!! I moved to this small town in March of '04 with NO clients or even knowing anyone except my fiance. I just go to work every day and am continually blown away by the amount of walk-in clients. Since I have been here only 3 months I have been able to pay booth rent every month. Last month the salon wrote me a check! I should have done this years ago. I don't worry too much about the "skinny" thing...I just greet everyone and they smile and we go to work. Even the men are returning. It's lovely. Email me or leave a message. Hoping to hear from you all soon!! Be blessed and be well. Jill
Lexie M.
on 9/1/04 10:42 am - Wasilla, AK
Topic: I did it!
I finally got my salon finished (in my home) and open for business! I haven't been working in a salon since I moved here 4 1/2 years ago so I am starting out with NO clientelle and yet I get a few people calling each week for appointments! YAY! Any suggestions for tricks to getting my clientelle built up? I give free paraffin hand dips to first time customers. I give $5 towards any service when someone refers a friend. Can ya think of anything else? I thought of handing out flyers during the 4th of July parade, but I didn't get open in time. Brain storm with me..c'mon! Share the knowledge! (I could use the money! Ha!)
Lexie M.
on 9/1/04 10:32 am - Wasilla, AK
Topic: RE: where is everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there is a sex board????? I learn something new everyday! Ü
Terri R.
on 8/31/04 4:05 pm - Oceanside, CA
Topic: RE: Hello
I know how you feel....sort of. I have worked in the same small town for 23 years and when I moved to a bigger city 600+ miles from home, I was scared to death to look for another job....especially in the beauty industry. I was so sure I would walk into a salon fill of 20 year old cuties with attitudes..... Luckily I found a great place, I am the manager, and soon.....after surgery...maybe my feet will forgive me... I hope you know how worthy you are even with a few extra pounds and that you can get back to the profession you enjoy....making others feel beautiful should never come at your own expense....hang in there... Terri
red
on 8/29/04 7:47 am - shepherdsville, KY
hi!!! nice to meetcha, How many more hours do ya have before you take your exam??It's what you make it when you are finally out of school,so just a word of advice... go to educational shows,& events,it WILL MAKE THE PURSE A LITTLE FATTER ! Have you ever been to the Chicago Midwest Beauty Show? I've only been once,but it was well worth it!! I hope you are feeling good , keep in touch,c u Brittany
HeathersLosin
on 8/29/04 6:00 am - Oxford, AL
I agree. Let's get it started. I am here. Just a cosmetology student right now but I am here.
HeathersLosin
on 8/27/04 4:54 am - Oxford, AL
Hello, I am here too. It looks like a little bit after everyone else. I am a student at GSCC. My best attribute so far is up do's. I like braids also. I haven't been taught much hair shaping yet suprisingly. I am a WLS patient post-op 3 weeks. I am down 25 pounds. I know losing weight will definetely help with the shampoo bowls. I hope to talk to more of you.
red
on 8/24/04 1:04 pm - shepherdsville, KY
Topic: where is everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ha!!! You were on the sex board weren'tcha!!!! LOL let's get this board going!!!!!
Nancy A.
on 8/15/04 2:56 pm - Milan, IN
OH GOSH...didn't realize that picture would accompany my reply! lol. That is a horrible pic...bad hair day, no makeup, etc. hehe. My sister and i were goofing off when that pic was taken, and i posted it only because it was the only one i had of myself. Please don't judge me by that picture. lol. Nancy
Nancy A.
on 8/15/04 2:52 pm - Milan, IN
Hello, you all! I just left the salon in November, for a number of reasons. I was burned out, and worked for a chain salon the last 2 years (out of 13). I did other things here and there, including welding in a shop where my husband worked, and always ended up back in the salon. i'm really missing it right now, but my energy level is too low, and the arthritis in my knees doesn't help. I can't wait to get back in to the salon! I mis it sooo bad. My cousin was here tonight, and we turned her hilited hair RED, it was so awesome! I used semi-permanent color, since it was her first time as red, but i'm afraid it will soon fade, because of the hilites. It made me miss the salon though..I LOVE doing make-overs. One of the things I'm thinking of doing, after my recovery, is opening my own salon, but i'm not sure yet. I live in a pretty small town, so the nearest big town is about half an hour away. Not sure I want to have one there, and have to run there everytime there may be a problem. JUST not sure yet. In the mean time, i'm getting everything ready for insurance, and HOPING to get approval soon. I want to get laproscopic RNY, and it is looking like that is the method my surgeon wants to do on me. I had my consultation with Dr. Cacucci, at St. Vincent Carmel. She seems very knowledgeable, and I feel comfortable with her. If anybody wants a pen pal, feel free to email me! Would be glad to hear from you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hairstylist Blogging Opportunity
BarbQuinn · 1 replies · 599 views
nails
cats3free · 0 replies · 354 views
Hello hello!
EricaC · 0 replies · 390 views
HAIR STYLIST WANTED
ogonzal07 · 0 replies · 604 views