Recent Posts

SassySamara
on 8/25/05 9:49 am - San Antonio, TX
Topic: RE: As salaam alaikum...
I agree, I have fasted for two Ramadans since my surgery and this will be my 3rd since surgery. I had my surgery in August of 03 and Ramadan began in that following month. I did ensure to do my protein shakes and take my vitamins but I was weaker than normal but Allah was on my side and helped me through it. Samira
kymberleig
on 8/24/05 7:41 am - OH
Topic: RE: Got Allah?
Ladies, ladies, What is the deal with all the Moroccan men?? lol My husband too is from Maroc. He is from Khouribga. And Samira, I understand totally about the adjustments to the meals. DH had some major adjustments to make and the khobz just does not get made that much around here any more. And atay bnaa lol poor guy he hates the splenda!!!! Its so nice to meet all you sisters, and especially those with ties to Morocco. Hope to hear form you guys soon. Bslama, Kim
kymberleig
on 8/24/05 7:24 am - OH
Topic: RE: As salaam alaikum...
Wa alai****alaam , I just wanted to answer your question regarding Ramadan. I had my surgery (RNY) 3/12/2004 and fasted last Ramadan. It was a bit tough, but I made sure I had a protein shake with a carb to last me awhile along with my vites for suhoor. And let your job know because you will slow down and might be subject to dizzy spells but all went well for me. Allah blesses us for our intention to fast and if health conditions do not forbid it then I think we should at least try. On a personal note, I felt truly Muslim for the first time since I took my shahadah because I had lost 100lbs by that point and could finally prostate and make salat. Truly Allah is merciful and to be our best we must take care of our health. I had this surgery for many reasons and this was one of my biggest ones. Oh and also, when you break your fast- don't over do it!!!! The pouch WILL let you know about it lol. Take care sisters and for those of you waiting for surgery, good luck in your endeavors!! Maslaama, Kim
SassySamara
on 8/12/05 1:14 pm - San Antonio, TX
Yes, I agree..Moroccan men are the best but of course we could be partial...LOL Then again I am half Moroccan (from my mother) so that also helps.. My husband is from Rabat. We were there this year in Jan-Feb and I already miss it. I have had many ups and downs on the surgery but all again so worth it. My profile sort of details them. The worst thing I would have to say is the strictures I had which started 3 weeks after surgery. That is when your stoma (the port between the two tummies) seals closed and has to be dilated. It took my husband a while to get used to it all. The small amounts of food when he was used to hearty Moroccan means and also the Splenda instead of sugar in our mint tea. I found out later that I CAN tolerate sugar better than I would like to but..that is another story. Insha Allah your surgery will go as planned and all will work out well. Please feel free to to contact me at any time with any questions. Samira
liverpool508
on 8/11/05 1:05 pm, edited 1/14/10 9:33 am - COLUMBIA, MD
Topic: RE: HAPPY TO BE HERE
Wa alai****alaam Sister Samira. Thanks for replying to my post. Congratulations to you on your second anniversary of wls and I am happy to hear that it was the best decision you made. I hope I'll be able to say the same especially regarding my comorbidities. I trust in Allah and also my surgeon who has done this surgery for more than ten years.

I just wish more muslimahs will post on this board often. I do hope this year will be my last Ramadhan as an obese person, InshaAllah and I do look forward to learning a lot from you about fasting postop, inshaAllah. Ramadhan is just around the corner as the month of Rajab has just dawned upon us. May Allah continue to bless us with health this coming Ramadhan and may He give us the blessings, InshaAllah. Thanks again.

KC
Nia Prettyface
on 8/11/05 1:02 pm - Southern States, NC
As Salaam Alay****amira I have seen you online before. MashaAllah. Glad to meet you. My husband is also from Morocco...Bernoussi to be exact. They make great men over there!!!! InshaAllah, I have my surgery 9/7/05. What have your pitfalls and successes been like? Nia
SassySamara
on 8/11/05 12:33 pm - San Antonio, TX
Asalaam Alay****ister Khadija. I am Samira. I have been on this board for a little over two years and as of this month celebrate my 2 year anniversary of WLS. It was one of the best decisions I have made in my life and changed me in many ways..and only for the best. I too am truly happy to see fellow Muslimahs on the boards. I find it tough to relate some concerns I have...such as the fasting during Ramadan, to other members of the board *****ally can not relate since they do not practice this. I hope this year will be different Insha Allah. I look forward to chatting with everyone more and hearing of everyones success. Samira
SassySamara
on 8/11/05 12:30 pm - San Antonio, TX
Walay****alam Sister. I posted on the board quite some time ago but was disappointed at the lack of content or should I say interaction. I am as of this month a 2 year post op and of course so very happy of this life changing decision that I made in my life. I am happy to see that there are others. I can remember being newly post op and having questions about fasting for Ramadan and other plights and feeling I had NO one to turn too. I hope this year will be different Insha Allah. (pbuh) I divide my time between here and Morocco which is where my mother is from and also my husband. We are blessed to have family in both countries and are currently trying to conceive our first child so a lot is going on in our life but with Allah (pbuh) on our side there is NO feat to great. Samira
liverpool508
on 8/10/05 12:42 pm, edited 1/14/10 9:37 am - COLUMBIA, MD
WA ALAI****ALAAM WA RAHMATU LAHI WA BARAKATUHU Tami. Allah bless you too. I am very happy to learn that I have my fellow diabetic on the Islamic Forum. I am sure I will learn a lot from you as I recuperate from the surgery, inshaAllah. Regarding the fasting, I will wait for a year if I have to, inshaAllah. Because of the size of our stomach after surgery, I was just worried that I will never be able to fast again.

Thank you very much.

FI AMANILLAH.

KC.
TTCromar
on 8/10/05 12:06 pm - UT
Topic: Sad & Discouraged
hello friends; (shift key doesn't work all the time, so please forgive my capital letters) I'm very sad as i write this. My friends in Egypt have informed me that their oldest son is getting married. The girl he is getting married to is so cruel and mean to the oldest son and it breaks my heart that they are getting married. This girl also told the family that they couldn't have anything to do with me anymore. She doesn't like me cause i told my friend Ahmed not to put up with how she treats him. My family died when i was young, this family has taken me into their hearts and i've taken them into mine. I felt as if they were my family....now i've lost them too. They were teaching me Arabic and all about Islam....i'm so sad. Tami~
Most Active
Recent Topics
Ramadan Mubarak
mickeysantiago · 2 replies · 368 views
Helllooooo??? Anybody here???
BANDIS4ME · 1 replies · 326 views
Eid Mubarak
SassySamara · 1 replies · 358 views