Recent Posts

TTCromar
on 8/10/05 11:59 am - UT
Topic: RE: HAPPY TO BE HERE
Alekom ElSalamo KC: i know how you feel about self paying. It's what i had to do also. I finally had to go to Mexico and have my surgery. It's the best thing i've ever done for myself. I wish you much luck with everything!!! As far as the fasting goes....it will slow down your weight loss and your body will need all the nutrients you can get. I suggest you don't fast until after your 6 month mark after surgery. I had high blood pressure, diabeties, sleep apnea and high colesteral. I'm off all of my medication and the only thing left now to get rid of is the C-Pap machine for my sleep apnea...but the Dr. says when I've lost more, it will not be needed. So, don't give up hope!!! Allah will bless you and soon you'll be doing your ibada as you wish to do it. Salam Tami~
liverpool508
on 8/10/05 4:26 am, edited 1/14/10 9:45 am - COLUMBIA, MD
Topic: RE: Got Allah?
Wa alai****alaam, Nia. I do a lot of lurking but don't post to the main board either. I am glad to see we have a board for muslims, alhamdulila. My name is Khadija. I have been trying to get this surgery for well over three years, but inshaAllah, by the end of this year, I am going to self pay. I'll be coming to this board more often. Assalamu Alaikum.
liverpool508
on 8/10/05 4:14 am, edited 1/14/10 9:37 am - COLUMBIA, MD
Topic: HAPPY TO BE HERE
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. Ma'sha'Allah. I just happened upon this forum and I am very happy to know that I have fellow muslimahs here. I am looking to self pay for RNY by the end of the year, inshaAllah. I am self employed and cannot get my insurance to cover it because I have an exclusion clause specifically against wls.

I have thought about it and decided to self-pay. Oh I am so anxious about this forum that I forgot to introduce myself. I am K C of Maryland, a type 2 diabetic and I have been obese all my life. Now my weight is beginning to interfere with my ibada (worship) - I have to sit in a chair now to do my salah because my knees hurt so bad. I am also on insulin and hopefully, postop, I will be able to stop the injections.

For the past few weeks, though, I've been thinking a lot about wls and islamic fasting. Postops, please give me an insight into this. I do a lot of voluntary fasting and I am worried about it. Assalamu Alaikum, KC
ZURI
on 7/26/05 2:00 pm - SAN FRANCISCO, CA
AS SALAAM ALAIKUM NIA I AM A MUSLIM I JUST DONT POST MUCH OF ANY THING I HAVE BEEN A MUSLIM SINCE 1995 IHAVE TWO BEATIFUL TEEN AGE DAUGHTERS AGE 16 AND17 AND A BUSY SON AGE18 MTHS WHO ARE ALSO MUSLIMS IHAD MY SURGERY JULY 18 2005 AND AM DOING WELL ALL PRAISES DUE TO ALLAH NOW IM JUST TRYING TO TAKE IT SLOW I AM AFRICAN AMERICAN FROM CA WELL I GUESS THATS ALL
Nia Prettyface
on 7/23/05 7:15 am - Southern States, NC
SubhanAllah, Tami. I am glad to know you are researching Allah's religion. InshaAllah, if you have questions, I will try to help. If I do not know the answer, I will try to get information for you. Do you have any intentions for being muslim? Now is a good time to do so!! Since there are so few people here......just looking around the room, feel free to ask some of your questions. InshaAllah. I look forward to hearing from you. May Allah guide you to the right path and make you to be amongst those upon whom He has bestowed His favor. I ask Allah to protect you from anything Shaytan and his agents may have planned for you that encourages you to stay away from Islam. I ask Allah to put distance between you and Shaytan's plan for you as He puts distance between the east and the west. Ameen. Nia
Nia Prettyface
on 7/23/05 7:10 am - Southern States, NC
As Salaam Alay****ister MashaAllah. Good to see someone on board. I agree with the smiley comment. When I saw it, to me, I saw a muslimah in niqab. I know it is Allah's will, but it is funny how you see the world from an Islamic perspective. SubhanAllah. That is a good thing!! I attend 3 of the local masjids. Two of which are sunni and another is salafi. As long as they are following Quran and sunnah, I will try to join them sometimes. I work and do not attend jumaah often. However, I do talk and gather with the sisters often. I dont sew, but inshaAllah, I am looking to take a class or two. My husband can!!! He is Moroccan and learned from watching his sisters and mother. I am sure he could show me. InshaAllah, but I want to learn a few other things. I am a henna artist and have been for a few years. Have been able to produce good additional income with it. I like it. I have always been an artist, but when I came to the deen, my artwork was haram. This gives me an outlet. I am thankful to Allah for that. I do sometimes visit the salafitalk.net or bakat.net (spelling?). I like to read the question and answer there. InshaAllah, I will have a chance to talk with you. May Allah will be with you during your surgery and will send the angels to be amongst you. Ameen. Nia
leemleem
on 7/17/05 9:53 am - Philadelphia, PA
leemleem
on 7/13/05 4:46 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Topic: RE: As salaam alaikum...
Wa'alay****alaam Ya Ukawatt, I am having surgery InshaAllah on July 27th 2005 and I am a little apprehensive to be expected. I am currently trying to get a will together and I also must make Istacarah prayer. I am glad to see there are other Muslimahs here. My name is Alima and I have been Muslim my whole life. I have also had that feeling of whether this is right or wrong as far as Islam is concerned. I personally feel that I can be a better Muslimah if I am healthier. InshaAllah I will be able to prostrate without any problems and also InshaAllah have my fertility return to normal. I have a question though, after having the surgery is it ok for us to fast during Rahmadhan???? InshaAllah I will hear back from you sisters, please make dua for me and my upcoming surgery in 14 days. MashaAllahu La huwa Laquwattah illah billah
TTCromar
on 7/13/05 8:38 am - UT
As Salam Alekom Nia!!!! It's sad there arn't more people posting here. I am from Utah, USA, but met a family online about 3 years ago who are from Egypt. They are Muslim and invited me to come to Egypt to visit. I went last summer in August. It was the best trip I've ever gone on. I learned soooooo much!!!! I am now learning Arabic and reading the Quaran and they are teaching me via the internet. I have so many questions, that it would take pages and pages to write them all. But, I'm glad to see you invite everyone to post. It's a great idea!!!! Be good sister!! Talk with you soon!! Tami~ (Habbiba)
Tiffany C.
on 7/7/05 12:16 pm - upland, CA
Topic: RE: As salaam alaikum...
Wa aleikum wa salam, I'm Nour or Tiffany I am waiting to hear about my request for a referral to surgery consult. Have you wondered if the surgery is okay Islamically. I had a passing thought that maybe it is too drastic and that Muslims shouldn't do it. I know, though, that I would still want the surgery just because I feel so desperate because I have tried to diet for my whole life. But I just wondered if any of you had similar passing thoughts of guilt? It's nice to see that there are some of us here! Wa aleikum was salam.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Ramadan Mubarak
mickeysantiago · 2 replies · 368 views
Helllooooo??? Anybody here???
BANDIS4ME · 1 replies · 326 views
Eid Mubarak
SassySamara · 1 replies · 357 views