MEMALT’s Posts

MEMALT
on 5/13/10 1:53 pm
Topic: RE: Alyssa Logeman passed away last night.
I am so sorry to hear about this.  What a sweet girl she was, she made a difference in my life.  My thoughts and prayers are with her family at this difficult time.

Mary
(MEMALT)

Mary M (memalt)
226/148/142    "Re-start" Wt= 170  Current Wt= 164
pre/lowest/goal  "Haloween Hotties" goal= 160

MEMALT
on 9/13/09 11:22 pm
Topic: RE: Halloween Hotties Challenge- Week ONE!

Rally late checking in-sorry about that!

Friday's weight was 164.

Thanks and have a great week!

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 9/4/09 2:47 am
Topic: RE: Calling all HALLOWEEN HOTTIES!
New addition!

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 1/7/09 8:52 am
Topic: RE: x post-I guess it's time to fess up!
Thanks Naomi and keep up the GREAT work!

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 1/7/09 4:01 am
Nice to see you Kate,

To be perfectly honest, I am not really sure what my restirction level is.  I have been eating so badly, past full sometimes.  I don't PB, but I have figured out how to eat around the band.  I am going to work on the protien/veggies thing for a week or so, and see if I can figure out where I am at.  It's been so long since I have been doing this right that I forget what the sweet spot feels like.  But I do remember that the sweet spot was an AWESOME place to be.

Take care, thanks for your words of encouragement, and it's great to be back :)

Mary

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 1/7/09 3:56 am
You are SO right!  Pre-band, I would have gained and gained, and become more and more depressed with no real motivation to fix it!  I KNOW I can do this with the band, and I'm gonna start using my AWESOME tool!

Thanks so much for your words of wisdom :)

Mary

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 1/7/09 3:54 am

Thanks for your words of engouragement, I think I'm gonna try the "work with the fill I've got" approach.  I definately have restriction, I'm just not using it right!

Mary

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 1/7/09 3:52 am
Thank you :)

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 1/7/09 3:52 am

Thanks Naomi for your woords of encouragement!  You have always been one of my idols regarding "playing it straight" with the band!  How are you doing?

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 1/7/09 3:14 am

Hi to all of my Band friends.  I have been MIA for quite a long time, and it's time to come back to my family.  It looks like there are many of us struggling, and I feel like I need to put my struggle in writing in order to move on with what I need to do!!

For about the last 1 1/2 years I have lost close to nothing!  I had a port revision in June 2008, and a month or so after hit my all time low of 148
(-78 pounds).  I was 6 pounds from my surgeon's goal- SIX pounds!!

Well since then I have pretty much abused my band, eating until I can no longer eat, or taking a brea****il I could eat more of my meal.  I have been eating CRAP, not at all bandster friendly foods (just stuff that slides down easily-and we all know that's not solid protien and veggies).  I am now at 160 pounds.  The only reason I did not gain more is because I have this WONDERFUL tool known as the band that keeps me from eating really high volumes of the high cal foods!)  My size 14's are too snug and I am back into 16's.  I SWORE I would never go UP a size again!

I am dedicated to get to my surgeon's goal by my 3rd Bandiversary in June.  I
went to the grocery store yesterday an bought tons of really good high protein foods, and lots of veggies (hadn't really gone grocery shopping in around a month-eating out became my best friend again).  I have a memebership to Bally's that I haven't used in over 2 years!!  I am going to get back on track with that again too-want to try yoga, and will get back on the treadmill again.  I am going to hit Bally's this afternoon come hell or high water!.  I am so fearful of getting a fill (which I probably need), because I am fearful of losing my band if it's too tight, and I KNOW I would gain all of my weight back without it!

Ok, I feel much better now.  The reason I have always loved this board is due to the accountability and support we all receive here. Thanks for being there for me!

Mary

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 1/7/09 2:30 am
Topic: RE: To My Secret Santa
I have been very bad about getting on and thanking you for my gift!  Was out of town, then got sick, then worked 4 12hr shifts in a row and have been a slacker!!

Thank you very much for the great candle holders, Americanna Christmas Ornaments (sp), Frosty soap dispenser and neat ceramic napkin holder.  I really do love them all, and will think of you every time I use them.

Thank you, I am so sorry for my delay, and who are you!!??

Mary
(MEMALT)

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 12/19/08 11:09 pm
Topic: RE: Secret Santa Reveal
I was Faith Thomas' SS, and am glad to hear she recieved her gifts.

I have not received a gift yet, but am looking forward to anything I receive :)

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Wonderful New Year to you all!

Mary
(MEMALT)

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 12/19/08 1:02 pm
Topic: RE: Secret Santa Reveal
Hi Faith!

I was your Secret Santa, and am glad you are happy with your gifts.  The book is supposed to be fabulous (I almost mailed your gift late so that I could read it!).  I hope you enjoy the candles and bath stuff, that glove looked like it would feel like heaven on the skin.  I know you are in a warm part of the country, but I figured that every once in a while winter hits your area, and you would deserve a lovely bath with candles and a great book.

Enjoy, and a very Merry Christmas to you!

Mary
(MEMALT)

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 12/1/08 1:56 pm
Topic: RE: SECRET SANTA PARTICIPANTS
Geeze, I am late posting this-I am sorry!!!

I like:
Giraffes
Clean cotton smelling anything-especially candles
Books-fiction, non fiction-will read anything!
Target is my fav
Chipotle will satisfy my every craving

No real dislikes-pretty easy going!

Merry Christmas everybody!

MEMALT
(Mary)

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 7/1/08 11:55 pm
Topic: RE: Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? Or something else entirely?
McDonald's Iced Coffee with no cream, no sweet stuff added.  Can't be beat- 32 oz for $2.29 and it's delish!

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 6/25/08 2:40 pm
Topic: RE: Home from having port revision
Congrats to you-glad everything went well!  Hope you have the luck I am having-great restriction since my tubing fix 1 1/2 weeks ago.  I am sure you will get the restriction you so deserve! Mary :)

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 6/20/08 12:15 am
Topic: RE: Missing in action having repair surgery Wed.
Kathleen, I agree with you that the leak was most likely caused by the surgeon (have heard 1 instance in which it was actually a defect in the tubing-a split in the tubing vs. a hole).  I had to cover $199 (the rest of my deductable) and 3 office visit copays of $40 to diagnose the problem.  Don't know yet how much I will be charged for the upper GI I had and the surgery bill (I think I have to pay my deductable and then 10%).  I will be talking to my surgeon about this during my next visit with him.  I still am not sure how I feel about it-is it just one of the risks you take getting the band, or should the surgeon cover the costs?  All I know is that I am thrilled with the results. I too had a "last supper".  Chipotle burritos are my most favorite food.  I had not had one in the 2 years I was banded and I decided 2 nights before surgery to go for it.  Had the burrito with the works, and chips and guac.  It tasted great, I was stuffed (took me all night to eat the whole thing), and felt fine about doing it.  I know now that I will not be eating these in the future, with this restriction it would not be possible :) Keep in touch, Mary

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 6/19/08 11:52 am
Topic: RE: Missing in action having repair surgery Wed.
Kathleen, I had pretty much the same experience as you, and had port/tubing revision surgery last Friday.  It was a BREEZE!!  They used "conscious sedation" (with a drug called propofol) and I was in and out of the OR in less than 30 minutes.  I was aware and awake during most of the surgery and had a blast joking with my surgeon.  They used my original port incision and the new one looks GREAT.  I had very little pain, was ou****ching my nephew paintballing in the 90 degree heat the next day. They gave me a fill of 2.5 in my 4cc band, and I am LOVING my restriction!  I had gained 12 pounds during the time I was more or less totally unfilled due to the leak.  I have lost 6 of those pounds already and am sure now that I will move on and reach my goal!! Good luck to you, please keep me/us updated.  Please feel free to PM me me if you have any questions. Mary :)

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 6/12/08 12:08 am
Topic: RE: x post-port replacement tomorrow
Hi all,

An update on my empty band issuse:  Did an upper GI last week and found that my band is in perfect position and all of my "innards" look great (no esophageal dialtion which I personally was concerned with).  It was a huge relief to know that after two years everything still looks good!  I posted a pic of my Xray prior to when I swallowed the yucky stuff, it's on my profile.

Tomorrow I will be going for a port replacement as there is definately a leak somewhere.  They will use conscious sedation in the OR and I will be awake but mostly unaware.  My surgeon will determine where the leak is and either just replace the port, or replace the port and a portion of the tubing if needed.

I am a wuss so I am not looking forward to the port pain and not being able to sleep on my belly.  But I am THRILLED that I get a second chance at losing the rest of my weight without a total band replacement.  Have gained around 10-12 pounds in this 1 month of no restriction and am ready to work towards losing the last 25 by the fall.

Thanks all for your never ending support!

Mary :)

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 6/4/08 12:48 pm
Topic: RE: OT - Thanks to all the nurses who helped me with the NCLEX
Congratulations!! You have passed a REALLY hard exam, and no one can ever take that away from you!!  Welcome to the nursing world-I love my job and cannot imagine being in any other line of work! Congrats again! Mary :)

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 6/4/08 2:55 am
Topic: RE: Anyone have Dr. Snyder?
I LOVE Dr. Snyder!  You will be very happy with your decision.  I know it's hard to get in touch with his staff, but just be persistant.  They are very busy, but they are the best around.  Once you have your surgery you will be amazed at the support they offer, and how great Amanda is when you get your fills and have questions/concerns. Please feel free to PM me with any questions you may have, and good luck to you! Mary :)

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 6/3/08 12:51 pm
Topic: RE: Anxiety and the Band?
I am glad I could help.  Hang in there, in 1 week you will be living a whole new, wonderful life!  Congrats in advance! Mary :)

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 6/3/08 12:36 pm
Topic: RE: Anxiety and the Band?

Hi Angie, I too have suffered from panic/anxtiey attacks for years.  I take Lexapro which has more or less left me free of these episodes.  I have had "stuck moments", pbs, tightness, sliming, the works (not often, just have expierenced these things over the last 2 years).  Not once have these symptoms caused me any anxiety.  I knew about the possiblity of them happening and when they did I more or less knew what to expect.  It's not fun to go through these things, but I don't get freaked out by them.  I can't speak for how it will go for you, but for me that "panic beast" has not visited me in any band related way. Good luck to you-feel free to PM me with any questions! Mary :)

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 4/24/08 1:52 pm
Topic: RE: ot: paxil and weight gain?
I took paxil for 2 years and developed a sweet tooth (never liked sweets before then).  I have been on Lexapro for 3 years and LOVE it.  No weight gain (easy weight loss with the band), and I feel like a completely normal person!! (Unless I forget to take it!)  Lexapro mamy be a good option for you-Good Luck Mary :)

Mary M (memalt)

MEMALT
on 4/20/08 4:12 pm
Topic: RE: stuck or full?????
Great explanation!!

Mary :)

Mary M (memalt)

Most Active