Jean B.’s Posts

Jean B.
on 1/18/07 11:06 pm
Topic: RE: weired fill experience...
Wow, that sounds really miserable!  Did you find out if there was  a leak - or what happened to all the previous saline?  Hope this fill is good for you, so you don't have to go back any time soon.  Jean B.

267/237/171/149      1st nurse's visit/surgery/current/goal
down 66 lbs. since surgery; 96 lbs. total

Jean B.
on 1/18/07 12:06 am
Topic: RE: I'm on my way.
Hope all has gone well, so far.  You'll be up and walking soon.  Let us know how it's going once you get home.  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/17/07 6:25 am
Topic: RE: Now what am I to do?

Wow Vicki.  That's a tough one.  But you need 50-60 grams or protein a day and that's not going to happen with that diet.  He sounds like one of the docs up in Duluth, only he says a little more protein.  That sounds more like RNY numbers, calorie-wise.  It's so hard, 'cuz there is so much conflicting info and everyone always finished with....but, listen to your doctor.  I'd listen to the nutritionist though and have her try to talk with the doctor. You're not supposed to have to starve yourself with the band.  Good luck!  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/16/07 11:44 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your plate today?
Good morning all.  Well the weather report from Minnesota is that it warmed up overnite and was acutally above 0 this morning and should get up to 25.  Heat Wave!!  I went to my first work out at Curves this morning before work.  She said it would energize me for the day, but I don't think so.  I haven't done much exercise beyond wallking for the past few years, so I'm feeling it in my shoulders and arms.  I guess that's good, huh?  Watched American Idol last night, since it was in Minneapolis.  I didn't see anyone that I was thought was great and there were a few that were bad.  They had the guy who was dressed up as cowboy on one of the radio stations this morning - he went on there as a joke.  He knows he can't sing - couldn't agree more.  I don't want to get hooked on the show, but I probably will TIVO it and watched an abbreviated version of it.  Have a good day, everyone.  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/16/07 11:02 pm
Topic: RE: New to the Forum and I just got my date!!!!
Welcome to the board, Toni.  And congratulations on getting your date!  That's really not all that far away.  You'll be on your way before you know it.  Be sure to ask any questions you might have.  There's lots of good people here to answer them for you.  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/16/07 12:01 am
Topic: RE: I got my approval yipeeeeeeeeeeeee
Hooray!!!!  There's nothing like that feeling when you get the news.  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/15/07 11:20 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your plate today?
Good Morning!  It's just plain cold here, but thankfully, we haven't gotten the ice storms that have hit so many.  We did get a few inches of snow, so it actually looks like winter around here now.  Second quarter is over today and my 18 year-old son really put forth an effort and worked his butt off.  I spent a lot of time working with him, but I'm happy to say he will pass all of his classes and actually end up with some pretty good grades.  One more semester to go.....and then who knows what.  Day at a time - it's the only way to live.  I'm meeting my cousin for lunch today.  We haven't seen each other in over a year, so I'm wondering what the reaction will be.  She knows I had surgery and was very supportive of my decision, but I'm looking for some positive reinforcement that I'm making progress.  I've lost more than 50 lbs. since the last time I saw her.  I go for my 2nd fill next week and hopefully will get more help from the band.  I'd love to say that I feel satisfied with a small amount of food - 'cuz I'm not!!  Glad to hear you're feeling better.  Have a good day! Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/15/07 10:14 pm
Topic: RE: Finally, I am in ONEderland!!!!!!
Congratulations, Anna!!  That must feel great.  I've been at 209 for a couple of weeks now and am so anxious for that scale to move down.  I can't wait to join you.  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/15/07 12:40 pm
Topic: RE: PRICELESS!!
Thanks for the chuckle! Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/15/07 12:44 am
Topic: RE: Do you have the same mom?..NSV
Hey Michelle, That is pretty funny.  Post some pictures so we can see, too!  Must have made you feel great.  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/14/07 11:39 pm
Topic: RE: My surgery had been approved!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!  Hope you get a date soon and all goes well.  I'd love to be there for you in Paris- unfortunately it doesn't fit into my schedule or budget!!  Darn.  It might be nice to have someone with you though.  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/14/07 9:53 am
Topic: RE: I'm a newbie
Congratulations and welcome!  I think the big thing to realize is that the first 6 weeks or so after surgery is all about healing and not necessarily about losing weight.  And, everybody is different so you must not  compare your weight loss to anyone else's.  Keep reading and you'll learn a lot, and don't hesitate to ask questions.  Let us know when you get a surgery date.  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/14/07 9:44 am
Topic: RE: Say a little prayer for my mom
Karen, I hope everything turns out ok for your mom.  Tell her she has to take care of herself right now and let the other things go.  Keep us posted. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/13/07 11:27 am
Topic: RE: It's official!!!
Congratulations!  Take it easy the next few days and let us know how you are doing.  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/13/07 8:12 am
Topic: RE: (OFF-TOPIC) You know it's COLD when...
You know its cold when your kitty cat who loves to be outdoors, sticks her nose out the door and turns around and runs back into a corner.  I think it got up to 18 degrees today which was much better than yesterday at 9 degrees plus wind.  It's going below zero tonight, they say and will be cold like this for 4-5 days.  Yuk!  We were spoiled here too and reality ha**** hard.  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/13/07 8:07 am
Topic: RE: protein powder?? Whats do you recommend??
I buy Body Fortess (vanilla flavor) at Target and mix it with Carnation Instant Breakfast.  My taste buds like it.  However, as my then 5 year old son once told my Dad at the dinner table - everybody has different taste buds.  You might have to try a couple to find what you like.  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/13/07 7:55 am
Topic: RE: 2 DAYS TIL SURGERY
Hope all goes well, Lori.  Let us know how you're doing when you can.  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/13/07 5:49 am
Topic: RE: OT - Never in my Wildest Dreams
Hope you have a Happy Birthday, Mary.  Sounds like things are going great for you - and things will only get better.   Maybe when it warms up (a lot) again, we can meet and can go for a walk or something.  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/13/07 5:13 am
Topic: RE: My fun fun fun exercise for the day! Super NSV
Hey Liz,     That sounds like a blast!    Here in Minnesota, we just have cold.  And they are still warning people to stay off the lakes - though the ice fishermen don't listen anyway.  Isn't that wonderful that you have the energy to do such a fun thing with your family  Enjoy your success!  That's what this is all about.  Jean B.?

Jean B.
on 1/13/07 12:01 am
Topic: RE: First Post Op visit
Whoohoo!! Congratulations on the 10lbs. gone.  It feels great, doesn't it??  I went back to work 1/2- days, a week after my surgery.  Felt pretty tired, but otherwise it was fine.  Just take it easy.  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/12/07 11:57 pm
Topic: RE: Any suggestions?
Yup, I agree with the others.  About the 6th or 7th week post-op I bumped my calories up to 1300-1400 calories a day and the scale started moving down again.  I've lost about 25 lbs. now since day of surgery in October.  (I need to change my ticker!)  I need to up my exercise - you are doing great in that area.  You must be losing inches, aren't you?  That is another indicator of success - it's not just the scale.  Good luck.  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/12/07 11:32 pm
Topic: RE: The "M" Word..>>Menopause~!!
Oh geez!  I'm 51 years old and still waiting for it to happen.  I am so tired of my TOM!  I thought I was starting to go through Menopause about 5-6 years ago - but, no.  Things started up again and its still going strong.  What a drag!  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/12/07 12:19 pm
Topic: RE: One of my MENIPAUSAL symtoms is kickin in!
Hey Christine,  If you figure out how to skip it, let me know.  I got carbon checks a long time ago..... Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/11/07 10:49 pm
Topic: RE: MRI Update

Hi Tammy,   Glad to hear you made it through the MRI - and now, at least, that's over.  I hope and pray that the news you get on Monday is good.  Try not to worry too much over the weekend.  Jean B.

Jean B.
on 1/11/07 10:14 pm
Topic: RE: Getting my first fill on wed....

Hi Mandy  I had my first fill a couple of weeks ago.  It only took a few minutes and I went right back to work.  I laid down and did a little stomach crunch so that he could mark the spot of the port. He did numb the area first which he said might burn - but didn't.  He got the needle in on the first try and within a minute or less, he was done.  I still waiting for him to start!  I know other people have had different experiences - hope yours goes as well as mine did!  Jean B.

Most Active