Jean B.’s Posts

Jean B.
on 11/26/07 6:09 am
Topic: RE: Thanksgiving with family what a NSV!!!
That reaction must have made you feel so good! Keep up the great work. Jean B.

267/237/171/149      1st nurse's visit/surgery/current/goal
down 66 lbs. since surgery; 96 lbs. total

Jean B.
on 11/26/07 4:54 am
Topic: RE: Oh What Timing!!
It never fails, hmmmm?? Murphy's law rules my life too. I had my TOM right before my surgery too. The nurse gave me some "oh so pretty" paper panties with a pad and everything was fine. So, nothing to worry about. Hope all goes well with your surgery and recovery. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/16/07 3:35 am
Topic: RE: Day one over lol
Wow, well good luck with everything. I don't know what to say I would hope for... But, I do hope they can figure out what's wrong and that you feel better. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/16/07 12:41 am
Topic: RE: It's HERE!
Hi Bridget,
I'm so glad you are doing this for yourself. Have a safe trip. Let us know know how you're doing! Hugs and prayers to you. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/16/07 12:27 am
Topic: RE: Day one over lol
What's going on Amanda? I don't get on here all the time anymore, so I must have missed something. How come you're eating like this? Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/15/07 11:45 pm
Topic: RE: Head hunger vs real hunger
Hi Mary,
We were allowed to have protein shakes from day 1. I used CIB, Body Fortress whey protein and milk. I don't think I had any repercussions from it. I think I sipped on 1 off and on during each day for the first week.
But, everyone says to follow your docs orders since he's the one you're paying and the one who has deal with any problems you might have. Good luck and hang in there! Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/15/07 11:38 pm
Topic: RE: Went for a New Fill & Very Happy!
Hi Marcia,
Glad to hear that all is well with your band. I just got fill #7 on Tuesday. Can't really tell much difference yet - hoping when I start back on solid food tomorrow that I can feel some difference. It was my first fill since June and was really time for some more help! Hope you fill works for you. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/14/07 4:22 am
Topic: RE: very OT ~ ~ but I have an asian beetle in my ear!!!
Hey Wendy,
I just saw this. Guess it was looking for a nice warm place, since it's getting cold out! Glad to hear the doc got it out easily though. How's everything?? Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/14/07 1:19 am
Topic: RE: Home from the Hospital
Hey Mary,
So glad to hear you are home and doing well, from the sound of things. I think it's great that you got the new band. Hope your recovery goes well. Someday...we will meet! Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/13/07 4:49 am
Topic: RE: GETTING MY NEW AP BAND TODAY
Hey Mary,
Been thinking about you all day - hope the surgery went well and you are on the road to recover by now. Although I'm glad I don't need another surgery, I wouldn't mind having that new AP Band. Hope this one goes well for you! Keep us posted. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/12/07 5:12 am
Topic: RE: Robbie, Surgery, Cassandra, and other musings...
Hey Bridget,
Wonderful to see you again around here. Congrats on your upcoming surgery - hope all goes well. You'll have to share the similarities and differences to educate us! You and Cassandra and so many others who no longer post were so helpful to me when I joined this board right after my surgery last year. I definitely read more than I ever post, but I read everything you had to say and learned so much. Good luck with this next step. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/9/07 6:20 am
Topic: RE: Life Insurance after WLS
Christina,
I'd be curious to hear what you find out. I just met with a financial guy yesterday and he was looking my life insurance policy and suggested he might be able to find something better - something my parents have been telling me forever. When I looked into getting disability insurance through State Farm this past summer, I was turned down because of the band surgery. They said I have to wait for 2 years after surgery to try to get it - and they lump all WLS surgery in the same category too. Which is TOTALLY DUMB!!! Someone needs to educate the insurance community. Anyway, I had forgotten about this and probably need to call this guy and tell him about the band 'cuz I probably won't be able to get new life insurance either. Will let you know if he finds anthing though. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/9/07 12:02 am
Topic: RE: Good restriction question
HI Karen,
I know exactly what you mean. I had that feeling of not even thinking about food for a short time mid-August through the end of September. It was great and the scale went down. The month of October has been a struggle, so I'm going in for a tweak next week and hope that a little fill will get me back to that point. It was so easy for that short period of time! But, I do need to get my head back in the right place and make sure that I'm eating the healthy, band choices. I always eat pretty healthy melas, so I'm hoping that with more restriction, my grazing (not always the best choices..) will stop also. Good luck. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/7/07 1:57 am
Topic: RE: On top of the world!
Hey Krista,
Good Job. Feels good, doesn't it??? Keep up the great work. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/7/07 1:25 am
Topic: RE: O/T Tests came in yesterday on my biopsy
What a relief that must be!!! Have a happy day. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/5/07 5:52 am
Topic: RE: How many fills until you got restriction?
I've had 6 fills and finally in June I felt like I had pretty good restriction. I haven't had one since, but just made an appointment to get another one because I am getting so hungry between meals. I have 2.8 cc's in a 4 cc band. Last winter, I wished my doc would be more aggressive with the fills, but now I'm glad he wasn't. I never want to be overfilled. I have to pay for fills and unfills until my huge deductible is met (and it won't be met this year), so I waited until I was quite sure I needed more before making the new appointment. And, I've been satisfied with my weight loss with the fill level I've had, up until the last month. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/5/07 5:38 am
Topic: RE: MMPI on Tuesday
Don't be nervous. They just ask the same questions, about a hundred times each, in different ways. Don't try to think it through too much. It takes awhile to get through, but it's not too bad. Good luck! Mine came out that I was "boringly normal". I'll take it! Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/5/07 5:32 am
Topic: RE: Anemia update
Glad to hear it, Nancy. You must be feeling lots better - just in general and with that good news. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/5/07 12:07 am
Topic: RE: That time of month and surgery
I was in the middle of mine on the day of surgery. They just gave me some incredibly ugly paper-like panties and a pad and off I went. No big deal at all. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/2/07 7:13 am
Topic: RE: one year band anniversary
Hi Maggie,
I'm just a little over year out from my surgery. I've lost 65 lbs. since surgery and had lost 30 pre-op for a total of 95 lbs. in 1-1/2 years. I am thrilled with my results. Don't be discouraged - you've done great. And don't compare yourself to anyone else. You are doing this for you and your health. Keep doing what you're doing and just think where you will be a year from now! You have done a wonderful thing for your health and this is a life-long commitment. It will happen for you! Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/2/07 5:56 am
Topic: RE: ot: I am going to start drama about there being no drama..
I'm getting together with a girlfriend and we're going to get to as many craft shows as we can on Saturday. Sounds like it will be a beautiful fall weekend here in Minnestota. Need to get out and enjoy it, as the forecast is for highs in the 30's next week. Brrrrrr - I'm not ready for this!!!! Hope you post pics of your daughter - would be fun to see. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/2/07 2:13 am
Topic: RE: My First Main Goal!
It feels so good, doesn't it???? Congratulations!
Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/1/07 5:15 am
Topic: RE: omg this hurts!!!
Kelly,
Did they send home pain medication for you? I'd call though and let them know. I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. Let us know how you're doing. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 11/1/07 12:49 am
Topic: RE: My band will be removed on 11/06/07
I'm so sorry to hear you have to have your band remove - I'd be upset too. Wonder why that happened?? Good luck with your post-band life - is there any chance you would have it replaced? Keep us posted. Jean B.

Jean B.
on 10/31/07 7:05 am
Topic: RE: Candy is my enemy !!!!!!!
I've done it twice now this fall - with candy corn. Didn't feel so good after either time, but I will admit I enjoyed eating it. Just get back to the band rules. Do not beat yourself up and let go of any guilt. You are human. It's not like you will never have a piece of candy again in your life. Moderation, not deprivation. I still have to work on the moderation aspect sometimes.....Jean B.

Most Active