lyndee’s Posts

lyndee
on 1/7/09 12:52 pm
Topic: RE: OT: Any mid-life career changers here?
Have you considered going into business for yourself?.
If you work with computers, you may be able to get some contracts with larger companies... Just a thought.

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

lyndee
on 1/7/09 1:54 am
Topic: RE: What are we eating this Wednesday?
B=Jimmy Dean D'light bowl (Egg white, Sausage, Potato)

L=3/4 c. Tuna salad & 4 saltines

D=BBQ Chicken thigh & 1/8 c. rice

S=Canned pears w/1/4 c. FF cottage cheese

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

lyndee
on 1/6/09 5:24 am
Topic: RE: Elena ~ how are you?
Elana,

Sorry you are sick. My neighbor had E-coli poisoning, it kind of sounds like your symptoms. I do agree with the other posters, that you really should see a doctor soon.

List of symptoms of E-coli food poisoning:

The list of signs and symptoms mentioned in various sources for E-coli food poisoning includes the 5 symptoms listed below:

Note that E-coli food poisoning symptoms usually refers to various symptoms known to a patient, but the phrase E-coli food poisoning signs may refer to those signs only noticable by a doctor.

More ways to research these symptoms: To research

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/e/e_coli_food_poisoning/sympto ms.htm

lyndee
on 1/5/09 11:49 pm
Topic: RE: What are we eating this Tuesday?

B=Protein shake

L=Tuna salad & 4 saltines

D=Pork chop & Sweet potato

Have a great day!

lyndee
on 1/4/09 4:00 am
Topic: RE: What are we eating this Sunday?

B=Chocolate protein shake

L=Shrimp Cesar salad

D=Lamb chop, mashed potato w/FF gravy and asparagus

Have a great day!

lyndee
on 1/3/09 11:44 am
Topic: RE: Did anyone else have to get over food issues related to waste/leftovers
I know what you mean, it is hard to throw away good food.
I just don't "Think" about it anymore I just do it. I do feel guilt, but I have been through to much to eat that extra food and gain more weight.

Do you have family members that may like the left overs?. If not and you can't freeze them and no one will eat them for lunch the next day...THROW THEM AWAY.

And pat youself on the back for being a strong woman:).

lyndee
on 1/3/09 11:35 am
Topic: RE: Drama in Lapband land!

Patients Michael, Patients...restriction will come, just give it time.

I am a year and a half out, it took me a year and Two months to get to my "Sweet spot"...Don't panic, I have a swelling problem and I am not the "Norm".

You will get there, any fill after this one you will feel more and more. As you get "Close" with every fill you will notice you have to change your eating habits and sometimes what you could eat you will no longer be able to eat, you will need to Re-adjust.

At this point I would say stay away from salad as it will move through the stoma faster, I would try to stick with really solid protein, Beef, Chicken, Sea food, Lamb and a bit of vegi and fruit.

It is really important at this point to stay away from the carbs as they will just fuel your hunger for MORE carbs.
Maybe read the "What are you eating today" thread to get some ideas.

But most of all, do not give up, believe me you are very close and it will be worth the wait.

Best wishes,

Lyndee

lyndee
on 1/2/09 11:03 am
Topic: RE: again with the hairloss???
I am a year and a half out. A few months ago I started to lose my hair at an alarming rate.

After having blood work to check my vitamins, thyroid and a bunch of other stuff that all turned out fine. My doctor told me that this is actually a side affect of weight loss that many people encounter and that it is untreatable and it just happens along with the finger nails breaking and not growing well. The good news is, that after the body stabilizes after the weight loss the hair will grow back...(It should).

I do make sure my protein is Btw 65-90g. per day and I take my vitamins.

Here's the link to another thread about hair loss. If you read MrsIncredible's post it explains it very well.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/LapBand/board_id,5359/cat_ id,4959/topic_id,3809763/a,messageboard/action,replies/#3048 4415

lyndee
on 12/28/08 12:23 pm
Topic: RE: protein drinks and loss of energy

I also use the whey from GNC and like it. Do you use 1 1/2 to 2 c. FF milk and 2 scoops to make your shakes?.

Also, I would suggest a visit to your surgeon for blood tests to check your vitamins, liver function and thyroid function. As we lose weight our bodies and our systems change and a periodic check should be done. You may be lacking in some B vitamins or your thyroid may be a bit off.

You may want to post this on the band grads board as there are many people who may have experienced this.

lyndee
on 12/28/08 11:17 am
Topic: RE: An update on me, an ex-lap-bander...

Katherine,

First, I want to wish you all the best with your surgery tomorrow. I will be thinking about you and sending prayers for a very successful surgery and that you heal fast.

Now, I had no idea you had any problems with your band. I am so sorry it did not work out for you. I am happy to hear you have an alternate surgery, that I understand is very good.

Have you posted on the band grad board? If you have not joined yet, please do. You will always have bandster friends and you will always be welcome there and here on the main band board.

There are a number of people who have had revisions over there and you may be able to compare notes. And besides it's nice to just see what everyone has been up to;).

Wishing you all the best,

((((Hugs))))

Lyndee

lyndee
on 12/24/08 1:23 am
Topic: RE: What are we eating this Christmas Eve (Wednesday)
Happy Holiday's SG!!!

B=1 egg, 1 slice bacon and a bite of WW toast.

L=Bean and ham soup

D=Garlic shrimp and half a sweet potato.

lyndee
on 12/19/08 11:07 am
Topic: RE: New Pics... 107lb down!!
The butterfly has emerged from her cacoon. You look absolutely Beautiful. Congratulations on your wonderful success.

lyndee
on 12/18/08 2:59 am
Topic: RE: Stupid people line up...here's your sign!
Two cans and a string...

lyndee
on 12/17/08 2:41 pm
Topic: RE: Too much?

Your water could be pooling because you are immediately swelling during your fill. This is why it took me a year and 4 months to get to my "sweet spot" I had to have really small fills. Just take it slow and easy, you will get there and you don't want to risk another slip.

I now get full for the 3-4 hrs. (sometimes longer) after 4 oz. of solid protein and about a Tbls. of veggies. 

You will get there just have patients, you don't want to have any more complications:).

Happy Holiday's,

Lyndee

lyndee
on 12/17/08 2:31 pm
Topic: RE: I threw out my Lover!
BRAVO ROBIN!!!

You win the willpower award of the week. You did GOOD!

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ROCK, YOU ARE A HERO...KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK , YOU WILL NEVER REGRET THE GOOD AND RIGHT DECISION .

lyndee
on 12/17/08 2:25 pm
Topic: RE: Stupid people line up...here's your sign!
Ahh Men, You gotta love em or you'll be pulling your hair out most of the time;)

I got one like yours, thankfully his heart is big and in the right place...But he is a MAN and unfortunately sometimes when it comes to us women they get discombobulated...lol :)

lyndee
on 12/16/08 1:54 am
B=Protein shake

L=Chicken Cesar salad with creamy cilantro dressing

D=1 egg, 1 sausage link and half slice WW toast

S=1/4 c. macadamia nuts

lyndee
on 12/13/08 12:59 pm, edited 12/13/08 1:00 pm
Topic: RE: 1 year bandiversary.... with pictures!
What a fantastic Christmas Present...Your health

And you look absolutely fantastic!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your success, you ROCK!!!

I am so very proud of you.

lyndee
on 12/10/08 10:41 am
Topic: RE: Am I getting enough?
I know what you mean. I keep track of my nutritional values at www.myfooddiary.com, however there are many sites that you can keep track of the nutritional values for free. www.sparkpeople.com and www.thedailyplate.com are just two I'm sure if you do a google you will find a few more.

Anyway, I find that it really does help a lot to keep track, even with good restriction I can go overboard by eating something that is not so good, so I try to plan, I enter what I am going to eat for the day and adjust from there. Don't forget to get all of your protein in.

And remember it takes time to get used to the restriction.

Best Wishes,

Lyndee

lyndee
on 12/10/08 10:29 am
Topic: RE: Please tell me this cannot be right....
Damn girl, they must have put the platinum band in you and given you the realllly good drugs

Dang...I bet you paid off the surgeons Mazarati...LOL

lyndee
on 12/10/08 3:27 am
Topic: RE: Are Lean Cuisine Meals OK?
I think many are very good for us bandsters. I stay away from the more carb filled ones like lasagna and pizza and stick with the ones that have more protein like the Turkey, Chicken, and beef with a veggie. They are low cal and have enough protein for a meal.

lyndee
on 12/10/08 1:38 am
Topic: RE: What are we eating this Wednesday?

B=Bean & Ham soup w/Sm. slice corn bread

L=Turkey lean cuisine

D=Teriyaki chicken & about 1/8 c. rice

S=Almond Rocha protein shake

lyndee
on 12/9/08 3:59 am
Topic: RE: If you eat salads, how big are they?
Right now I'm on an El Pollo Loco "Pollo Cesar Salad" kick.
I LOVE this salad. The lettuce is crisp so I don't get stuck on it and the chicken is moist. I love the creamy cilantro dressing and dip my chicken with a bit of salad in it...Yummm-O.

Anyway, after I finish the chicken and small amount of the salad I am full. There's a lot of the salad left that I can not eat, but I got my protein in and a bit of the lettuce:)

lyndee
on 12/9/08 12:35 am
Hola!

Making ham and bean soup today...Yummy

B=Chocolate protein shake

L=Turkey lean cuisine

D=Ham and bean soup w/small slice of corn bread

Have a great day!

lyndee
on 11/25/08 2:01 am, edited 11/25/08 2:01 am
Topic: RE: NEED HELP!!!
I am a cardiac patient and lap-band was the only option my cardiologist would approve because of the invasivness of the other surgeries and because of malabsoption.

I like the fact that the band is reversible, all tho once it is placed it is with the understanding it is suppose to be there for good.

It is a very personal decision for everyone.

You and your wife should attend a seminar, they explain all of the surgeries and you can ask questions to a surgeon who can address all of your concerns.

Most Active