lyndee’s Posts

lyndee
on 7/11/07 4:12 am
Topic: RE: Post-surgery and protocol
Sandy, First of all I want to thank you for being on this site. You have helped me so much! I can't wait to read your book. I think the surgeons think that if they do their job then that's pretty much the end of it. My surgeon is very experienced and very competent and  teaches other surgeons the procedure, but I wish he would have told me more about what happens after surgery. I just feel that everyday I have a new question and alot of them I feel stupid asking because maybe they should be "Common sense" to me. I just wish he had a pamphlet to give me with some of the most common questions and info. For instance it was'nt untill 9 days after surgery that I had a B.M. I stressed about that every day, no one told me that, that may happen or how to fix it. I don't know, I just feel that they do the surgery and kind of let you find your way in the dark.  Anyway , I'm going to email you to get your pamphlet . and keep visiting this site for help and support. Thank you again, Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/11/07 3:57 am
Debbie, You are right on. They don't know what it's like or what we go through. Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/11/07 3:43 am
Topic: RE: Why I have been MIA
TessaStar, I'm so proud of you for getting help. You'r gonna be fine girl!!!! Good luck and God bless. Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/11/07 3:32 am
After reading so many posts from newbies such as myself, I don't understand why the heck all WLS surgeons across the country don't all just follow the same post-op protocol for post-op diets, exercise etc... I think it would make everything so much easier. Also I really would have, and still would liked it if my surgeon would have given me a pamphlet on what to expect after surgery, like what to do when you feel like throwing up and why it's happening, whats that lump I feel under my incision, why am I still experiencing pain. What is a slip and erosion, how does it happen how to avoid it etc, etc, etc... I think all surgeons should have all of this info. in the patience hand before surgery and it should all be protocol across the board. I don't know about anyone else, but I got alot of diet info. and alot of pre-surgery info. but nothing post-op, what to expect, how I'm going to feel, what may happen over the next year, what to expect over the next months and year. If I had not found this site I'd be freaking out about quite a few things and would have had to wait for my appointments to ask questions. What about the people who have not found this site, I feel sorry for them. I'm going to bring this up to my surgeon and hope he can do something about this. Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/11/07 2:08 am
Topic: RE: CALORIE QUESTION,PLEASE RESPOND:)
Hi, The books I use all of the time and LOVE are "meat and seafood guide" and" Dr. Richters fresh produce guide" I got these at Albertsons supermarket in the produce department. You can order them through Try-foods Int. I dont know if they have a web site but heres the Ph.# on the back cover 1-800-421-8871. I have found that these two books have most everything I need. If they don't have it then I refer to Corinne T. Netzer "The complete book of food counts" I really think these will be all you need. I allways try to count my calories. It is paying off, I'm 4 weeks out today and 33 lbs. down. Good Luck! Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/11/07 1:55 am
Topic: RE: Calories? Latest published articles:
Sorry, I don't understand it. Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/11/07 1:52 am
Topic: RE: HICCUPS?
Hi, Yes!, I had them all of the time, especially after I ate but they started going away about the middle of week 2. I also had a wierd like "try and burp" thing that hurt. Neither one lasted long at all. It all gets better pretty quick. Good Luck, Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/11/07 1:47 am
Topic: RE: Thoughts about the band, erosion, slips and other such things.... (long)
Hi Chelle, I am 1 month out today. I have found some very good information here and have had alot of questions answered. I appreciate all of the support. I have read posts from others like me who are new and are not following the program correctly and for the most part the more experienced bandsters help them out. I wish I was here when the old crowd was here I'd like to benifit from their wisdom. Sandy R has really helped me alot. I really listen to her and I trust what she has to say. I'm just happy I found a place that I can ask questions and get support. Thank you, Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/10/07 11:46 am
Topic: RE: amazing mushy recipe!!!
I'm in this mushy faze, that sound very good. I know what I'm having for dinner tomarrow. Thank you, Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/10/07 7:13 am
Topic: RE: ADULT question...

Good one!!! Thanks for the laugh!!! I'll bet if all men knew those stats we would have alot of "under weight" men out there. Lyndee

lyndee
on 7/10/07 6:57 am
Topic: RE: Why can't you just chew it - Puree Question!
Hi, I asked my NUT about this before my surgery, she said it is because you are in a healing stage and they want to make sure that everything is smooth so there's no additional irritation. They want you to be completely healed before graduating to "normal" food to prevent complications.  Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/9/07 11:18 am
Topic: RE: Denied
Do you have a doctor or surgeon yet? I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you.  I was approved by 2 places with the help of the surgeons. They somehow know how to "Fix it" and know the ropes on how to get a person approved. Don't give up, it's just a bump in the road. It will happen if it is meant to be. Good Luck, Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/9/07 10:09 am
Topic: RE: Concerned husband
Is there a reson she can't post for herself? I mean maybe if she becomes a member and gets some support she can deal whith what's going on. Yes I agree she really needs to speak frankly with her surgeon and get to the bottom of the problem. In the mean time she should visit the site and get some support. Is there a support group where you live, this may help too. If she dosn't know how to use the computer, maybe you could be the loving husband we know you are and teach her. Best of luck, Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/9/07 8:08 am
Topic: RE: Anybody able to eat steak, Bread.....
I can't wait to try tuna on bread insted of a cracker. Thank you, Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/9/07 7:43 am
This whole topic made me hungry. Thank you guys for your input. I'm so happy to hear that I can have these things. Just wi**** was today. Thank you, Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/9/07 7:34 am
Do you have to chew it alot? Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/9/07 7:31 am
Oh my gosh, my NUT says no salad or salad greens untill month 5 !!!!! I see my surgeon on the 13th and I'm going to ask him about it, Oh, I would love to have a salad!!! Thank you, Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/9/07 7:21 am
My NUT is a "NUT" for these diet plans and is super strict. I have 3 weeks total of mush I'm going on week 2 and then I get solids, and belive me it won't be to soon for me. How about Salad? can you eat salad? Thank you , Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/9/07 7:14 am

Thank you, I can't wait to take my band on a test run and try some of these things. I must be getting antsy I'm kinda tired of this mush stuff.  Lyndee

lyndee
on 7/9/07 7:07 am
HOW LONG AFTER YOU GOT YOUR BAND WAS IT THAT YOU COULD INCORPORATE THESE INTO YOUR DIET? THANK YOU, LYNDEE
lyndee
on 7/9/07 6:59 am

Hi, I'm just about 4 weeks out and a bit far out from these things but they are things I have heard banders can not eat any longer. Can anyone out there eat the following and how long was it before you could eat them; STEAK CRAB SHRIMP LOBSTER BREAD POPCORN PIZZA CRUST these are a few of my favoooorite things.... Thanks, Lyndee

lyndee
on 7/9/07 6:40 am
Topic: RE: Can someone please answer a question for me
Hi, My doctor had me on clear liquid only for 3 days, just broth, juice, water. then moved on to full liquid diet for 2 weeks. Then soft & blended diet for 3 weeks. Then I'll move on to solid food plan for 2-4 months and then YIPPPYYYY regular normal everyday food!!!! Your friend should talk to her Nut and see if she can give her more guidance. I hope she dosn't do any damage to herself. Good Luck, Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/9/07 6:10 am
Topic: RE: florascope
Ok, I was told they did the fill with an x-ray, I just didn't know it was called a florascope. Thank you, Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/9/07 5:58 am
Topic: RE: florascope
Hi, What is a florascope and how is it done? I feel so dumb asking, but my surgeon never brought this up. I'm finding out he never brought up alot of things.  Thank you, Lyndee
lyndee
on 7/9/07 5:14 am
Topic: RE: Straws...why are they not recommended?
Hi, They also told me not use a straw, but I could not give it up. I've used a straw since day 1 with no problems. Like someone else wrote, I too would swallow more air without a straw. Lyndee
Most Active