lyndee’s Posts

lyndee
on 3/23/09 11:55 am
Topic: RE: Looking for a Dr. in the Orange County, Ca area

My Dr. Is Dr. Kelly Francis. She is in Fountain Valley and I highly recommend her. She is really nice and will listen to you. She is in the yellow pages and if you look under the list of doctors here on OH she is also listed there.

Best wishes,

Lyndee

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

lyndee
on 3/21/09 4:19 am
Topic: RE: hmmmmm -- REALLY GROSS SO CAREFUL!
Sounds like you had food stuck in your pouch from the night before or breakfast?
That is probably why you are tight too.

Good to see you.

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

lyndee
on 3/5/09 8:31 am
Topic: RE: Spicey Food Recipes
This is one of my all time favorite "Spicy" recipes. It is a weigh****chers recipe and I make it to my liking by adding more chili sauce, it is quite spicy tho just how it is. I like this with the whole wheat crispy noodles.

Weigh****chers Szechuan Chicken W/Peanuts

Per 1 c serving 
11 g fat
2 g saturated fat
64 mg cholesterol
392 md sodium
24 g carbs
3 g fiber
27 g protein
38 mg calcium
6 ponits 

Ingredients: 1 lb boneless skinless chicken cut into thin strips 3 TBSP hoisin sauce 2 TBSP cornstarch 1/2 c low sodium chicken broth 2 TBSP rice vinegar 2 TBSP sugar 2 tsp garlic chili sauce 1 TBSP canola oil 1 TBSP peeled, minced fresh ginger root 2 garlic cloves minced 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped 2 med carrots thinly sliced on a diagonal 1/4 c unsalted roasted peanuts   Directions: 1. Combine the chicken, 1 TBSP hoisin sauce an 1 TBSP of the cornstarch in a medium bowl; set aside. 2. Combine the remaining 2 TBSP hoisin sauce, 1 TBSP cornstarch,  broth, vinegar, sugar and chili-garlic sauce in a small bowl; set aside.    3. Heat a non-stick skillet or wok over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles.

4. Swirl in the oil and add the chicken. Stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until almost cooked through.   5. Add the the ginger and garlic; stir-fry 15 seconds.  6. Add the green bell pepper, carrots and peanuts and sir-fry about 2 minutes until tender-crisp.

7. Add the green bell pepper, carrots and peanuts and stir-fry about 2 minutes until tender-crisp.

8. Add the hoisin sauce mixture and cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens and chicken is cooked thouroughly (about 1 minute).   Categories:
Cuisine   Asian Dish   Main Dish
Main Ingredient   Chicken
Comments:

lyndee
on 2/9/09 8:33 am
Topic: RE: It has made a WORLD of difference...
Although I am not doing WW right now, I do believe it is a very healthy program and I like it, they are so right on when it comes to healthy eating.

I do keep track of everything that goes into my mouth. I use myfooddiary.com, honestly even with good restriction you still have to make the right choices. I can have a very small amount of food for 3 meals and no snacks and at the end of the day still be at like 1800 Cal's.!?!? 

Cheese is a huge culprit, Nuts, Mayo, Dressings, Gravies, Sauces...etc...So I have to really watch it with these things.

Yes, cheese has protein, but really it has a lot of fat and is very high in calories where shrimp is high in protein and low in fat. 
It really is all about the choice and research on our part.

Also, WW is very healthy in the fact that it is rounded out. You have all of your food groups. IMHO, many people with the band don't get all of the nutrition they need and this can cause health problems, even further down the line.

So, KUDOS to you for realizing that health comes first. You have done and are doing an awesome job of working your band to it's fullest:).

lyndee
on 2/6/09 9:09 am
Topic: RE: Bandiversary with pics
WOW Laglass, You look fantastic.

Congratulations.

Long time no see, how have you been and where have you been hiding?:)

lyndee
on 2/3/09 2:01 am
Topic: RE: What are we eating this Tuesday?
B: Protein shake

L: Lean cuisine Turkey w/apples

D: Greek salad with some stewed chicken

Have a great day!

lyndee
on 1/29/09 5:59 am
Topic: RE: Happy Bandiversary to Me~
Oh Dee, I am so happy for you. You have done a wonderful job with your band.

I am singing the Happy Bandiversary song to you right now!

Congratulations!!!

lyndee
on 1/28/09 7:01 am
Topic: RE: Not drinking while eating....
This was very hard for me to I really felt like I had to have a sip now and then. I weened myself off the liquid during meals and just would not have a glass of anything sitting next to me while I ate. If I really felt I needed a sip I would have to get up and go across the kitchen for it and only a sip.

After I got good restriction, even a sip was out of the question because I would feel to full and my meal would feel like it was going to come up, very uncomfortable feeling...ugh

I don't miss it at all now:)

I do think much of it is habit, unless you have something too hot, spicy or salty.

lyndee
on 1/25/09 2:25 am
Topic: RE: Where do you buy your vitamins?
I was just taking the Centrum chewable multi. and I would get that at Walgreen's.

I have now switched to the Bariatric Advantage VitaBand chewable. They are formulated for bandsters. I bought these from www.bariatricadvantage.com
however, at my last doctors appointment I noticed they were selling them there so I will probably just buy them at the doctors office next time.

As far as the hair loss, I too have it but not from PCOS mine is from weight loss and my doctor said there's nothing you can do to stop it. It will stop when the body stabilizes. But, keeping your daily protein BTW 60-90g. per day and taking your vitamins will help too.

lyndee
on 1/25/09 2:12 am
Topic: RE: What are we eating this Sunday?
B: Coffee

L: 1 egg, 1-2 oz. pork steak, about a fork full of hash browns.

D: Left over Pizza

S: Movie night, so I will have a 100 cal. bag of popcorn

Have a beautiful Sunday.

lyndee
on 1/24/09 1:20 pm, edited 1/24/09 1:21 pm
Topic: RE: Anybody here who...
I agree you need to check out the revision forum. You probably need a few professional opinions.

Just an observation, Your Avie name seems very degrading to ones self esteem, Maybe you need some counseling also. ALL of us here on OH are, or have been Obese and we all understand. Please take a good look at yourself and realize that you are worthy of all the good that life has to offer.

Best wishes,

Lyndee

lyndee
on 1/24/09 1:14 pm
Topic: RE: Acid reflux and the band?
You need to go see another doctor. I suffered for many, many years with reflux and the only time it ever became a problem was when I got way too tight from stress. I disagree with this doctor.

lyndee
on 1/24/09 12:49 pm
Topic: RE: 3rd fill last month and still nothing.....
Patients my dear, patients....You will get there, just keep going in for your fills until you hit the spot. Be careful tho. In your zest to get there you may get too much of a fill.

If you ever feel too tight for more than 2 weeks (I say 2 weeks because sometimes that is how long it takes for swelling to go down after a fill) or if you can not drink fluids or you are throwing up or in pain you must go right away for a bit of an unfill.

You will get there, just don't give up.

lyndee
on 1/24/09 7:08 am
Topic: RE: Exactly what is a "Sweet Spot"
Thanks Jean!

That is my furbaby Louie:)

lyndee
on 1/24/09 7:04 am, edited 1/24/09 7:05 am
Topic: RE: Exactly what is a "Sweet Spot"
When you get to "The sweet spot" you will not be hungry between meals. You will be able to go 3-5 hrs. without hunger after eating a bandster meal of solid protein Btw. 2-4 oz. and then a bit of veggies, and fruit. Keep it healthy

You may still experience head hunger but that is different.

lyndee
on 1/24/09 2:56 am
Topic: RE: What are we eating this Saturday?
B: Coffee

L: 1 egg, ham steak

D: Home made, Pesto, sun dried tomato, goat cheese, shrimp, artichoke pizza

Have a fantastic day!

lyndee
on 1/23/09 2:16 am
Topic: RE: What are we eating this Friday?
B: Protein shake

L: Left over pork roast and 1/4 c. 3 bean salad

D: Sweet Italian sausage, 1/8 c. rice, sauteed onions and bell peppers.

Have a great day:)

lyndee
on 1/21/09 11:51 am, edited 1/21/09 11:55 am
Topic: RE: Yummy ,Tender Pork Roast Recipe
This recipe is so very simple, yet so good. I hope you try it, I really think you will like it:).

I made this recipe tonight and believe me it is so very moist and bandster friendly. My DH and furbaby loved it too. I served it with roasted carrots (cooked separately).

I will be having this for breakfast too! The sauce in the bottom of the pan is just, soooo good:)

ENJOY!

close --CONTENT GOES HERE (static)-- close --CONTENT GOES HERE (static)--   Fall-Apart Tender Slow-Roast Pork
From Shirley Corriher, author of Cookwise (Canada, UK)
www.ochef.com/r49.htm

If this link doea not work let me know and I will write it out:).

lyndee
on 1/19/09 2:38 am
Topic: RE: What are we eating this Monday?
B: Protein smoothie

L: Left over meat loaf and green beans

D: BBQ chicken & Sweet potato fries

Have a wonderful day:)

lyndee
on 1/17/09 5:37 am
Topic: RE: how do you pick yourself up after a bad day?
Sorry you have so much stress right now. Stress is a food addicts nightmare.

The good news is that every day we have a new fresh and clean slate:).

When I am making my coffee in the morning I think to myself today is a new beginning. I have not put anything in my mouth to sabotage myself and it makes me feel good. I then sit down and plan what I am going to eat for the day including snacks. I find that if I plan ahead it really helps me. I also log my food on myfooddiary.com so I know where I stand calorie wise.

No one is perfect and we all fall sometimes, we just need to forgive ourselves and move on.

Try not to keep the "Bad" stuff in the house and when you are feeling a lot of stress maybe a walk or a hot relaxing bath will help.

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss success!!!

lyndee
on 1/16/09 2:48 am
Topic: RE: What are we eating this Friday?

B=Protein smoothie

L=Salad with shrimp, beets, croutons and Light blue cheese dressing on the side.

D=Meatloaf and cabbage

Have a beautiful day!

lyndee
on 1/15/09 1:29 am
Topic: RE: What are we eating this Thursday?
B=Protein shake

L=Lean Cuisine (meatloaf & Mashed potatoes)

D=Burrito, wet with cheese and FF sour cream, will eat 1/2.

lyndee
on 1/11/09 2:21 am
Topic: RE: Happy Bandisversary to Me!!!
Oh Melly!!!

You look BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congratulations sweetie, you have done a fantastic job.

I bet you feel really good too. It is such a precious gift to get your health back:).

lyndee
on 1/8/09 8:55 am
Topic: RE: Random thoughts form a 1 year post op (almost)
Jewels!!!

Happy Bandiversary Girl!!!

I love the post, so much truth. You crack me up...using your band for evil...LOL

Believe me I have my own issues, I guess we all have to find our own path with this bickle fitch.

Happy new year, and 2009 belongs to US!!!

lyndee
on 1/8/09 2:13 am
Topic: RE: What are we eating this Thursday?
B=Protein shake

L=Egg salad

D=Cream of mushroom soup & a few saltines

S=Activia yogurt

Most Active