Recent Posts

cc583
on 3/14/17 4:53 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16
Topic: RE: Hungry - Full is there an in between?

My snacks used to be the same types of food as yours and I was feeling that way. Now I eat very protein forward with very little carbs (from some very good advice from Grim). Now my snacks are dense protein such as turkey, chicken, Osrtim meat sticks etc... The protein will keep much more satisfied for a lot longer. Good luck!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

cc583
on 3/14/17 4:39 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16
Topic: RE: 15 weeks out...

I get very dizzy when my blood sugar goes to low. Before surgery I was taking 5 shots of insulin a day and since 1 month out I haven't taken any insulin or other diabetic medication. Now it's the complete opposite! My endocrinologist wants me to incorporate a little fruit in my diet for a few carbs. I do have a little fruit but only when I my sugar goes to low. I don't really have many carbs at all in my nutrition plan. I eat just about all protein so I can make the best of my weight loss.

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Qajohn
on 3/13/17 7:47 pm - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14
Topic: Next Weigh In

I just realized I'm traveling next Sunday AM. Can someone please get the thread started?

FightBack77
on 3/13/17 11:34 am
VSG on 02/26/17
Topic: RE: 5 days post op

Thank you! I see you had yours in October. How do you feel. How's your progress?

Jammur
on 3/13/17 10:10 am
VSG on 10/12/16
Topic: RE: 5 days post op

The clear liquid diet part sucked for me too. Once I started chewing food again, I was fine. It will pass and you will not regret a thing. Hang in there!

yvranx42
on 3/12/17 10:19 pm
VSG on 02/01/17
Topic: RE: Sunday weigh In

High weight (June 2011): 328

Pre surgery weight (2/1/17): 283

Last week: 245.9

This week: 243.9

I've been running at least 5 lbs down per week since surgery, but this week only 2. Been super busy at work and only made it to exercise twice during the week. Got a nice 5 mile hike in this morning though (after weigh in).

Calorie counts have been 600-750 daily, water intake could probably be a little better though.

Have a great week!

billmacc7
on 3/12/17 3:22 pm - MA

High-346

Low-196

Last Week-226

Today-227

Struggling...Many reasons but bottom line is I am having a hard time with my eating. I will continue to try to do better as I REFUSE to go back to my highest weight and being overweight and MISERABLE!

I am having some hernia and abdominal issues. Made an appointment with surgeon who did my RNY back in 2010 to hopefully resolve it.

Gotta get back to basics...Water, Vitamins, MINDFUL eating, Exercise!

Food-F

Water-D

Vitamins-A

Exercise-C

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

cabin111
on 3/12/17 1:59 pm

211.8...I'll take that. That was last night. I really hate getting on the scale unless I feel like I've lost weight. I've done a ton of work and exercise this week. Mowed a lot of weeds and lawns. Rode my bike. Today I am reseeding some areas where the grass had died around the house. When I saw a doctor this week he mentioned I am retaining fluid. I have noticed it in my legs this week....NOT GOOD!! So I am trying to eat right and exercise/work (without getting dehydrated). I'm trying to not have to go on a diuretic...Peeing all the time. I have congestive heart failure. I know the day will come when I'll be going down hill. Never know when that will be. I've had it over 10 years...Before WLS. Just never know when it will catch up with me. Later, Brian

Jammur
on 3/12/17 1:27 pm
VSG on 10/12/16
Topic: RE: 15 weeks out...

This is one of the reasons I invested in a blood pressure monitor. My meds were cut in half, but I am still on them. Grats on getting off yours though!

Jammur
on 3/12/17 1:24 pm
VSG on 10/12/16

Last Week: 260

This Week: 259

After 5 weeks stuck at 260, I finally broke through on Thursday morning. I haven't been on in a couple of weeks and the changes to the website were a bit annoying. Not sure why anything needed to be changed, but whatever.

I keep putting off calling for an appointment to get my gall stones taken care of. I need to do that this week. I tried walking around the neighborhood with my wife and after about 2 minutes of a brisk walk, I started to feel the stomach pain. I hope it really is the gall stones that is causing the pain, as the doctors say that sort of pain is unusual for gall stones. Anyway, I am staying positive and I am confident my stall is over.

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 25 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 25 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 49 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 74 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 101 views