New to OH. Want to get sleeved by Dr Ramos-Kelly, HELP!!

Lynaa4life
on 4/21/11 11:20 pm - OH
Hey everyone, have been on these boards for quite some time and am now ready to take that first step. My name is Lynaa. I am 31 years old and live in Ohio. I have struggled with weight for over 16 years, waaaayyy too long. I am 6' tall and in those 16 year have never weighed less than 230lbs. Right now I am at an all time high of 285 and was diagnosed a few years ago with GERD and sleep apnea. I honestly cannot live like this anymore. I am in the middle of a divorce which will be final on May 10th :) and have 2 beautiful children, ages four and five, one of who is special needs and on a ventilator part-time. There are so many things that I feel like I miss out on due to my weight because I'm just so incredibly tired. I am a nurse and work 70-80 hours a week between 2 jobs and with all the extra weight I'm carrying, I have no energy once I get home and it's not fair to my children. There are so many things that I love to do but haven't been able to for so long. I love to go walking, biking, playing basketball and volleyball but can't honestly remember the last time I did any of those things. I have done my research and have decided to get the Gastric Sleeve done. I have an exclusion in my insurance policy for any kind of WLS so I'm doing this out of pocket. Luckily, I have a 5000 FSA account that I am able to put toward this. I am leaning towards Dr. Ramos Kelly in Mexico and am anxious to reach out to his office to get this show on the road! :) Could someone help me out with this? Is there a phone number for his office that would be best to call? Any and all responses are greatly appreciated..I look forward to beginning a new chapter in my life....Thanks, Lynaa
Member Services
on 4/21/11 11:59 pm - Irvine, CA
  Hello Lynaa,

Congratulations on the beginning of your journey.  Here is a link to Dr. Ramos Kelly.  Be sure and click on his name for reviews from our members.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-jai me-ricardo-ramos-kelly/#profile_overview

Jaime Ricardo Ramos-Kelly

WLS Clinic

Tijuana 
Phone: 877-542-3822

If you need any further assistance, please let us know at [email protected]

Take care,
Member Services

Emily F.
on 4/22/11 9:34 am
Good luck!
Lovevsg
on 4/22/11 12:15 pm
I was sleeved two months ago by Dr Ramos Kelly and im very happy of my decision. He is a nice man and more importantly a great surgeon. I was happy with the hospital staff and with the Lucerna hotel since its very nice and confy. I'm so glad I had this surgery since I could never keep the weight off when I did loose it. I went through Sucessfully Slimmer and my coordinator was Christi. She was very nice and helpful and answere all of my many,many questions. I almost forgot to mention my bmi was 34 and I'm down 40 lbs in two months. Good luck with everything you will love your sleeve.
Tarain
on 4/22/11 12:20 pm - TX
Hello Lynaa,

I was sleeved by Dr Kelly on 3/1 and everything went great. I am very satisfied with his work and feel awesome. Someone gave you a link to his information already, but if you have any other questions just message me or post them on this topic.

Regardless of who you decide to go with, I wish you the best of luck!
 Tracy

This is my weight loss since VSG surgery on 3/1/11: 
 53 pounds! 

This is my weight loss since 8/1/10 when I started Medi Fast:

103 pounds!
Kimmes
on 4/22/11 9:38 pm
Lynaa -

Please send me a private message and I will put you in contact with Trish his personal assistant in Tijuana. She will be there to help you when you arrive and coordinate everything for you. I can have her call you directly.

I worked directly with Dr Kelly and Trish - she arranged for Dr Kelly to call me prior to surgery and he answered all of my questions and calmed my nerves! Best wishes to you!

Had VSG on Jan 6, 2011 with Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Start weight 239.8/Su
rgery Day 217.6/goal:155/Current Weight 144.0  I made it -Goal in less than 10 months

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

sandrap28
on 8/11/11 12:23 pm - MS
 Kimmes,
I would like to contact Trish with Dr. Kelly, could you please email me her email address.  My address is [email protected]
Thanks
Sandra
Lynaa4life
on 4/23/11 12:02 pm - OH
 Thank you for all the kind words and assistance. It really makes my decision that much easier...Kimmes, I have tried to send you a pm but for some reason when I click on your name it doesn't let me send you a message???Is your profile private? I'm new to the ins and outs of this site and usually only maneuver through the forums so any help would be appreciated...I'm not sure how to reach you then exactly apart from this forum. If you could email me at [email protected] that would be great~ Thanks everyone!!
gottago
on 4/28/11 3:14 am
I had my surgery in the U.S. but I would have chosen Dr. Kelly if I had gone to Mexico.  My sister did recently go to Dr. Kelly for her surgery and I went with her.  She had a very good experience too.  I'm sorry that I paid more to stay in the U.S. but that's another story!  My sister didn't go through Trish and I don't which coordinator she had.  I think she also talked to Christi.  She also had great care while she was there.  They took care of everything she needed!  She got a bag with liquids while she was at the hotel, chapstick, a diet planner and some of those swabs to keep her mouth moist before they let her start drinking.  She had not only Dr. Kelly visit her at the hotel, she also had Dr. Romero too.  He has been great!  He has called her to check on her and is helping her with her food plan.
Puppylovemommy
on 4/28/11 11:58 am - LA
Thanks for the info. I want to have my surgery done with Dr. Kelly.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 337 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 522 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1115 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1694 views