Sportbikes

Charlene W.
on 5/15/04 11:57 am - Melbourne, FL
So anyone ride sportbikes? I have a 2000 Honda f-4. This is my 5th bike. I have been riding for 10 years. Riding sure has changed since losing 100 lbs. I am even dabbleing in racing now. Would love to hear from others. Char (Yeah I am a girl)
Glenn S
on 5/15/04 8:27 pm - Pecatonica, IL
we ahve sportbikes as well as cruisers. My wife just started in the sportbike world and loves it. I bought her a Ninja 250 to get her started and she went wild. I also have a 7 year old girl that races motorcross. Women on motorcycles ROCK!!!!
ceciln
on 5/21/04 3:10 am - Stephenville, TX
I figured out why guys on crotch rockets don't wave. They're afraid they would fall on their faces if they let go of the handlebar. I don't see how you guys can ride laying on your stomach with all your weight on you arms. I guess it's a preference thing. I'd rather be leaning back and cruisin'. Cecil 338/209
gmb0899
on 5/23/04 5:18 am
Hey Crar, I just love to hear about women riding bikes. My hubby has a Ninja zx9. He wants me to ride with him. I need to loose at least 100lbs before I would even consider it. We used to ride ATCs (way back when) and dirt bikes in the desert, I really miss that! Now that I am pre-op, I hope to get back to riding again. I want a Atv for off road and I want a street bike. I really want a Harley. My husband said he was ok with that. I live in Los Angeles and you don't see sportbikes riding with Harley's. It just seems unacceptable, you would not think of bike riders in of all places, Los Angeles, as being so narrow minded! My concern is do mixed marriages really work? Enjoy your riding and good luck with the racing
Charlene W.
on 5/24/04 2:29 pm - Melbourne, FL
Good question do mixed marraiges work? When my weight got to the highest I stopped riding for a while. My hubby traded in his ZX-12 for a Goldwing. I hated riding on the back. When I started losing the weight and was shopping for another bike. As soon as the words sportbike came out of my mouth the Goldwing was history and he had a new ZX-12. I would have ridden with him on a cruiser. Would have just gotten to our destinations much quicker than he did. I have no problem with other bikes and other bikers. I have friends on all kinds of bikes. And friends that do different things with them. Some roadrace, some stunt, some cruise. In 2 weeks we are riding our sportbikes to a Warlocks party. We are friends with most of them and I don't see a problem of any kind. I started a bike night here in town. We had a bike show/contest. The winner rode a beautiful custom made chopper. It would not be the bike I would prefer to ride but it was definately the most custom made, ornate and expensive bike there. And BTW I wave to everyone. Char
shawn C.
on 6/13/04 11:10 pm - Milpitas, CA
Sportbike rider checking in! I currently commute on a Kawi ZR-7 and am currently looking at adding a new sportbike to the stable. Have owned 2 Ninjas in the past, a 250 and a ZX-6 The wife told me she'd divorce me if I ever bought a Harley.
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/04 9:31 pm - chicago, IL
Yep, I was a rider too..My first bike was a mint 78 Honda Twinstar, tiny little thing, it fit me perfectly. My boyfriend at the time owned a Honda CBR 900, that baby was FAST! With me on the back it went 170, man, once you see something its already passed you. What a rush.
JimVonBaden
on 10/28/04 4:10 am - Alexandria, VA
RNY on 11/10/04 with
My bike is more of a sport tourer(BMW R1100RS), but I have no problem with leaning over, even with my 320 pounds. I am a fairly agressive rider and have shown up a sport bike or two. I have been told it is funny to see my big butt hanging off the seat as I lean WAY into a turn. I don't care, it's too much fun to worry about what I look like! I don't care who I ride with as long as they are on two, or three wheels. Here is a picture of one of our recent rides. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/JimVonBaden/Bay%20Bridge%20II/BBR-II-a11.jpg My bike is the silver(pearl) one on the right. Jim
cedar57
on 2/20/05 10:57 am - Yukon, OK
I ride a 2004 RC51 Hayden edition sport bike - my first litre bike! I started last year after losing over 100 pounds by riding my son's Honda 954RR and fell in love with it. I just bought the last new 2004 Hayden RC51 available and just adore it. I used to ride a cruiser-style bike and had to "handle" it and the sport bike practically rides itself. It is absolutely wonderful and I'm having a blast. (the picture you see on the message post here is my 'before' picture so it's easier to ride leaned over now. LOL)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Spring is coming!
JCDan · 0 replies · 321 views
Spring 2010
Moma V. · 3 replies · 462 views
Should I sell my bike????
Jill W. · 3 replies · 553 views