home safe and sound

Robin H.
on 12/19/11 8:54 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 hi all just home this evening, pretty sore still but otherwise okay, long day of travel and glad to come home to a nice surprise husband painted living room and kitchen while i was away.  had a few complications out of surgery but nothing too major, hard time getting my o2 stats up and they kept dropping then low hemoglobin an racing heart rate so they ran a bunch of tests to make sure no blood clots etc.  all is well they think just might have been a reaction to going under,  well just wanted to give a quick update 

robin 

Monica M.
on 12/19/11 9:01 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Thanks for the update, Robin!! glad you're home and well. What a nice hubby to paint whil eyou were away!

Brenda T.
on 12/19/11 9:08 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
So happy to hear your update. I'm thrilled you are back home. Take care and speedy recovery.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Janet13
on 12/19/11 9:12 am - Toronto, Canada
Glad to hear you are home. I am glad things are okay. Welcome to the bench.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

aprilbennett1965
on 12/19/11 9:13 am - Canada
Ahhh what a nice surprise to come home to. Can I borrow your hubby between Dec 23 and 25 please?  LOL.

Glad to hear you are home. Wishing you the best for a fast recovery!
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

JJ_
on 12/20/11 2:43 am
charm64
on 12/19/11 9:24 am - Cambridge, Canada
Nice to hear you are home and doing better. what a nice surprise from your husband.

Take care

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

sillycat
on 12/19/11 9:25 am - Canada
Glad you are doing well!!! Nice to hear how you are doing!

I had my surgery the same day as you. Some similarities. We all found out I have an irregular heart beat. Consultation was done with the Cardiologist and we proceeded with surgery as per normal after they monitored my heart for a bit.

I too am pretty sore. I think I keep using my stomach muscles to avoid hurting myself and now they seem really sore. It's nice to know I'm not the only sore one!!

Wow, your hubby was pretty nice to do some painting!!!
msheavyhearted
on 12/19/11 9:34 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
Welcome home, Robin. CONGRATS!!

Just out of curiousity... how was the flight home post-op? Were you comfortable?

Glad you're on the mend.

Thea
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Robin H.
on 12/20/11 1:46 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 used a wheel chair at the airport and then preboarded i filled the paper work prior to leaving to have the extra seat and timed my pain meds so i took just befor leaving hamilton and then on the air plane flight was almost 2 hrs but really not as a bad as i thought sore but not crazy i used my pain meds accorningly as needed.

robin

Most Active
Recent Topics