Stupid water question

msheavyhearted
on 12/19/11 10:06 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
I was just wondering... I know you sip water throughout the day initially post-op. When would you say you were able to just drink a glass of water like you did pre-op? Obviously, one couldn't function in a world where they had ti take a sip of water every couple of minutes.

Just curious :-)
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/11 10:12 am - Canada
I'm 5 months out and I still have trouble gulping down 1 cup of water at a time. It really makes my pouch feel full. I take a water bottle with me everywhere and just sip. You get used to it. I was a gulper pre-op but that's changed. I'm actually drinking more water now post-op by sipping all day long.
Lynette1962
on 12/19/11 10:24 am - Whitby, Canada
I honestly don't know if you will every be able to drink a full glass of water at one sitting - your pouch just can't handle that much water at one time. 
I find if I drink too quickly or too much I feel very full and/or nauseau....

I am almost 3 months out....

I am sure you can get a lot more info from those 1 - 2 years post op......

I have reached my goal weight ..... and LOVE my RNY !!!!!!!!!

Monica M.
on 12/19/11 10:35 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i cannot gulp down a glass of water all at once, but i can gulp a few ounces down. makes me feel a bit yucky tho. I take swigs from my water bottle tho.

msheavyhearted
on 12/19/11 10:56 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
Hmmm... This was something I just assumed I'd be able to do as time went on.

Thanks for the replies!
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

flyingwoman
on 12/19/11 8:59 pm
I routinely drink from a 32 oz glass, and though I couldn't chug the whole thing down, it's relatively easy to run through it in 5-7 minutes if I'm on a completely empty stomach. I'm 11 months out now, but I've been able to do that since 2-3.

Starting BMI 69 w comorbidities | 55 of the weight lost above was pre-op.    
Julia Mercer
on 12/19/11 11:02 am - Windsor, Canada
 I've heard of Smar****er, where can one find stupid water? LOL! OH, you mean a stupid question abou****er, that's quite the difference! Sorry, I couldn't help it!

Jules
My angel is WildAngel, and my surgery date was Oct 20, 2009 with Dr Andre Nunn at Barix in Ypsilanti, Michigan, and I haven't felt this good in ages, thank you Dr Nunn for giving me my life back!

Brenda T.
on 12/19/11 8:54 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

sam1am
on 12/19/11 11:29 am
 I have a VSG, but on an empty stomach I can drink a big glass of water all at once.  Can't do it if there is something in my stomach, though.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Brenda T.
on 12/19/11 8:54 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
It's a good question, can you take a mouthful of water when you are allowed to swollow pills again?

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Most Active
Recent Topics