Please no more boost

Robin H.
on 12/28/11 10:27 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 ok i am so sick of protien drinks omg my choices are very limited in Thunder Bay we do not have a costco etc.  I need an idea of what i can order that is a protien drink but not a shake blahhhhh
I woul love a clear drink crystal light type..... please let me know what i can order so much has sugar or is the shake type.  OMG i can't wait until i get to chew something.  my gums have been bleeding i think it has to do with the past 5 weeks of not chewing anything.  ahhh another few weeks and once again i may be able to use my teeth. 

Robin 

Catw
on 12/28/11 10:41 am - Arnprior, Canada
 Hi Robin,

I don't like the typical shakes either.  When I was drinking them, I used Weider Whey Protein Fruit Splash, mango peach flavor.  It wasn't too bad.  It has 20 gr protein and 0 sugar.  I think I found it at Shoppers, but may have seen it at Rexall or somewhere else.

Good luck!  Maybe someone else has seen something different.

Cathy

Jennifer D.
on 12/28/11 10:53 am
If you are drinking Boost, it should be the diabetic kind. Syntrax Nectar is good - look here
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/controller?tab_selection=vitamins&N=0&Ntk=SiteSearch&Ntt=nectar%20protein&Nty=1&D=nectar%20protein&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchall
Robin H.
on 12/28/11 11:11 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 yes of course it is the diabetic one and have the carnation sugar free thanks for the link

smiley_k
on 12/28/11 10:56 am
 Hi Robin,

I got the sample pack of the syntrax nectar protein and they have like 5 or 6 crystal light type drinks that were quite good. The stats are awesome too (100 cals, 23 grams protein, no sugar, no carbs) mixes with water with a spoon easy enough. Mine did require a little extra stirring for a few reluctant clumps but if you try just eating they clumped protein at the bottom of the glass when you're done, they taste like candy (starburst-ish in taste and texture) so not at all bad. I really enjoyed the Fuzzy Navel (reminded me of the peach juice drink at M&Ms, quite yummy) and Carribean Cooler (think blue fruit punch--koolaid type, again quite yummy) flavours. Maybe these would be good options. Like I said, I bought the sample pack with multiple flavours and none really disappointed. You can buy the big tubs of it online at the low carb grocery. Hope this helps!
Katie  ♥     

Robin H.
on 12/28/11 11:13 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 yes this is exactly what i need thanks

Joy D.
on 12/28/11 11:56 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Just curious ... maybe you could phone Costco and see if they would deliver ? my mother ordered an ac in the summer and they delivered to her apt worth a try calling and asking ?

Joy
magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

msheavyhearted
on 12/28/11 7:19 pm - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
Hey Robin,

I just happen to have 6 sample packs of Syntrax Nectar that I have no intention of using. I prefer the milky shakes and have just ordered a ton of it from the Low Carb Grocer. The flavours I have are: Roadside Lemonade, Strawberry Kiwi, Twisted Cherry, Fuzzy Navel, Apple Ecstasy, and Lemon Tea. I'm happy to give them to you.

I got these from the US so I don't know which ones would be available to ship to Canada but I've heard about a store at the border about an hour away from TBay that will accept shipments from the US for you. I believe they charge a small fee. I can find out more info for you if you like. I know most places will ship for free within the US if you order a certain amount.

I live in Marathon so I can drop them in an Expresspost envelope and they might make it to you by tomorrow. If you're interested, please PM me your mailing address and I'll drop those in the mail today.

Thea
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Megan M.
on 12/29/11 6:11 am - Canada
I used GNC Whey Kool, peach mango flavour, but I read on here recentlly that it was discontinued, so I don't know if they'll have it.  It saved me big time.  I think the Weider one from Shoppers noted above is pretty much the same thing.  It's mixed with water and is more like a juice/koolaid -not thick and milky.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Robin H.
on 12/29/11 7:29 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 picked up the last lemonade whey kool at gnc intercity today whew ahhh not a great taste but so much better to stomach than the cream crap.  more watery less creamy so much better maybe i will get all my protien in today after all, they did tell me that they wont be getting anymore in as it is discontinued

Most Active
Recent Topics