Called St. Joe's... still waiting for date

msheavyhearted
on 12/30/11 4:39 pm - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
I met with the surgeon (Dr. Gmora) via telehealth on November 29th and signed my consent. I figured things would be slow due to the holidays but I still hadn't received any news as to a surgery date. I finally bit the bullet and called Krista today.

Still no date. GRRRRRRRR.....

But she did say she's hoping to call next week with an update. She said that she has to "make arrangements" for those of us out of Thunder Bay as we require more travel time. I'm not sure what that has to do with booking an OR date. Planes fly seven days a week, don't they???? (Unless of course it takes a bit more organization time to schedule pre-admission testing and anesthesiologist appointments the day prior to surgery.)

Anyway, I know my day will come but it's now been 18 months since I was first referred. Let's hope next week brings me some good news.

Thea
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

sweet76
on 12/30/11 7:27 pm
I'm with you!!!  Hanging on patiently gets harder and harder.  My referal was sent in Aug 2010, I finally saw Hong in early Dec and haven't heard a thing yet.  I just keep thinking eye on the prize, when it comes I'm ready.  Sending out some luck your way...hopefully you get a date next week. 
Uschi
on 12/30/11 9:52 pm - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
RNY on 02/22/12
Hey Thea - I hope you get your date soon! Waiting is so hard and we have no control over the situation. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Uschi

Brenda T.
on 12/30/11 10:59 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Here's good vibes for getting your call next week. Keep us posted.

JJ_
on 12/30/11 11:27 pm
Yeah I imagine that having patients travelling such a distance can be tricky to line everything up. The good news is that you did actually speak with Krista!  I am hoping that you get a call early next week and we see a post, "Got the call...".

Judy
aprilbennett1965
on 12/31/11 12:55 am - Canada
Crossing my fingers that the first week of the new year will bring you that magical date!
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

Robin H.
on 12/31/11 1:20 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 it will be soon you will get your date and it will fly by in no time.  I recieved my pkg in the mail yesterday afternoon........ OMG thanks soooo much sooo much better than the cream crap.

Robin 

msheavyhearted
on 12/31/11 6:57 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
You're so very welcome. I glad it got there in one day.

Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Megan M.
on 12/31/11 7:54 am - Canada
 Hey Robin, who was your surgeon?

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Robin H.
on 1/1/12 9:25 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 Anvari was my surgeon only talked to him for about 3 minutes total my whole stay 

Most Active
Recent Topics