question re:panni

Robin H.
on 3/29/12 12:13 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
 ok so i was wondering ....... as we loose weight we loose it all over so will my panni area become flatter ? i know it will still hang but just wondering if if deflates??? lol seems that my legs are now toothpicks i have no ass etc but panni area seems still big just wondering 

Lizzie54
on 3/29/12 12:26 pm - Canada
I can't answer that question, as i am only 4 months out, but i understand the skinny legs, flat ass and big panni area.  As i said to someone today, my body shape is 'humpty dumpty"...LOL.

Actually i am a little frustrated with the fact that i cannot find a bathing suit to fit.  I need to get a bigger size because of my tummy, but then the bottoms are too big at the leg openings...  I am going away in a few weeks and going to have to do some serious looking this weekend.
Liz   

PatXYZ
on 3/29/12 1:01 pm
Maybe try looking for a 'tankini'. It's a two-piece but with full-coverage.
stewartjackie
on 3/29/12 2:54 pm - Pickering, Canada
Hi, did you think about wearing a lycra tummy controller under the bathing suit? I got one from walmart and it works wonders...

PaulaToronto
on 3/29/12 2:52 pm - Toronto, Canada
I feel the same way.  My legs are thin, my arms are still big from bat wings and I never had an ass and now it hurts to sit on my tailbone.  My waist is still big and it is hard to find clothes to fit.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Megan M.
on 3/29/12 8:30 pm - Canada
I can attest to the fact that the panni will become flatter.  Like everyone here, I am finding that the stomach fat is the last to go.  I have trouble finding pants that fit correctly - if I buy to fit my waist then they flat in the butt and legs.  If I buy to look nice in the butt and legs, the waist is usually too tight.  But that's better than tight all over!!  I used to only wear tops that were quite long b/c my panni hung so low, but 100 lbs later, though it's still there, because it doesn't bulge out as much, I am more comfortable if I'm wearing a little shorter top.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

aprilflowers
on 3/29/12 9:28 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/06/12
What's the panni area?

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/12 9:34 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
It's the excess skin on your abdomen that hangs down usually past your pelvic area.  Here is a pic of a deflated one and it's mostly just skin left.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00542/WOMAN_380x409_542328a.jpg
aprilflowers
on 3/29/12 9:42 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/06/12

oh ok. thanks.

Is it inevitable for all beriatric patients to have this? I'm wondering if I will have a lot of excess skin when the weight's gone.

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/12 9:48 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Some don't get it as they never carried their weight in their stomach.  Some are younger and still have a lot of elasticity in their skin and some just have damn good genes.  You won't know until you start losing as to where you may have excess skin.  The majority of us will have excess skin somewhere but some end up with a decent tummy without plastics.
Most Active
Recent Topics