emergency herniated bowel surgery

Karen W.
on 4/26/12 8:04 am - Canada
Hi everyone.

I haven't been here in a few days because I've been in the hospital.  Some of you might recall that I was in and out of emerg a few months ago, had a bunch of tests, they didn't find anything... The docs thought that I might have passed stones through my bile ducts, or that I was having some sort of severe spasms.  I ended up doubled over in the worst pain of my life on Tuesday afternon, so went the Civic Hospital emerg; they called Dr. Raich (from Ottawa WMC), and she did an emergency surgery for a herniated bowel loop yesterday.

I'm really glad to be home.  That was absolutely horrible.  I'm full of pain meds and unable to start my new job on Monday (DH e-mailed them, I'm sure it will work out, but I feel like crap about it).  Can't go to work for 2 weeks, can't ride the Harley for 4 weeks; my stomach looks like a bad road map, and I'm feeling sorry for myself!

Just wanted to vent and let people know where I'm at.  If you've had this happen, I'd love to hear from you!

RNY April 11, 2011       

sam1am
on 4/26/12 8:07 am
Karen, I'm so sorry this happened!  At least now, your pain is explained and hopefully will never return again.  I guess if you have to look for a bright side, you got through your school year before this happened!  Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Catw
on 4/26/12 8:11 am - Arnprior, Canada
 Hi Karen,

Sorry to hear you had more problems, but at least Dr. Raich was able to help.  I know it's frustrating when things are about to start, that they are delayed, but I'm sure that they will understand.  Rest and recover, and good luck with the new job.

Cathy

hobbithands
on 4/26/12 8:45 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 I am so glad to hear it is finally figured out, and that it was caught. Heal well!

happypants
on 4/26/12 8:48 am - Ottawa, Canada
Karen YIKES!! I was wondering where you where. I'm sending positive healing vibes your way.
Do the doctors know why this happened to you? I really wish you a speedy recovery and hope that you are back on your feet in no time flat.

BIG Hugs...

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

highlandbear
on 4/26/12 8:54 am - Canada
 Hope the pain goes away soon for you and that you will heal fast. Take care of yourself
birdiegirl
on 4/26/12 8:59 am
Hi Karen

So sorry to read of your health issues....is this WLS related?

Your new employer will understand.....make sure you are ready to go back....

Understand feeling sorry for yourself.....after finally finishing school and all that entailed to find yourself with health issues is the pitts..

Take it easy and keep us informed ok?

smiley_k
I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through all of this but I'm glad to hear that they figured out what was wrong and get it sorted out. Rest up and feel better!
Katie  ♥     

JJ_
OMG, at least you are on the road to recovery!!  Herniated bowel loop INDEED.  Shucks....

Glad to hear you are back home.

Judy
Dianadcr
on 4/26/12 9:38 am - Canada
Best wishes and a speedy recovery.
  Diana

Most Active
Recent Topics