30/30 Challenge - Update Day 5

trudylam
on 5/8/12 10:23 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Hi there everyone.  Today is day 6 of the challenge.  I think I have created some confusion about the days.  Sorry about that.  I was posting the updates to hear about the previous day's activity so instead of just posting what I "planned", I was posting what i actually did.  Does that make sense? LOL  Anyway yesterday was Day 5 and I went on a big bike ride with the whole family.  It was fantastic!!!  I love my bike now even though I'm still self-concious that people are staring at me.

Today is day 6 and I plan on going for another bike ride.  I want to do some walking too but that will all depend on how my day goes.  I'll let ya know tomorrow.  Hope you all had a great day 5 yesterday and we'll keep shakin' our stuff today for day 6! 

BIG HUGS!!!!

Monica M.
on 5/8/12 11:33 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
You're doing awesome!!!!

sam1am
on 5/9/12 12:45 am
I did my first 15 minute walk and will do a half hour at lunch and another 15 minutes this afternoon if the weather holds out.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

msheavyhearted
on 5/9/12 6:32 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
Same old 60 minute walk for me yesterday. I guess it sounds boring but I love getting up at 5 a.m. and walking when the streets are quiet. It's totally ME time (unless I drag the dogs along with me.)

I'm loving this challenge!
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/12 6:56 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
No bears in town yet this year?  When my sis was a cop up there she had to shoot a nuisance one.
msheavyhearted
on 5/9/12 8:28 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12

Oh yeah. The bears are out. I haven't seen one yet but I've heard they're around. I'm not sure if I'm brave or stupid but I still walk alone before the sun comes up. The momma bears are not usually right in town with their cubs so I'm assuming I'm relatively safe. Besides bears, there are, on occasion:

* wolves
* coyotes
* moose

Hmmm... maybe I'll rethink this walking thing! LOL

(I won't hike alone - EVER!!)

Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/12 9:04 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
We have had a bear in our yard for the past week.  He has been rummaging the neighborhood at night knocking over people's garbage bins.  He just passes through our yard but leaves some of his mess behind each night.  We just got back from a walk and he obviously got into someone's bin last night and sat under the tree around the block as there was garbage from one end to the other.  We have the others you named here as well other than wolves.  Don't ever recall hearing of a wolf in town but we get bears every year.
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/12 11:05 am
Bears, moose and deer are out in full force around here.  But what is making walking a nightmare are the blackflies
highlandbear
on 5/9/12 8:28 am - Canada
 Stayed away from the gym today. Did ride my bike to my clients so I did over a hour of biking today. Well not be able to post tomorrow busy day. so I will post it now. Walking to my client should be about a 25 min walk than walking to church 20 min than coming home changing grabing the bike going to the gym to do some muscle work than a hour swim. Than home and crashing
Allaryanna
on 5/9/12 10:07 am - Belleville, Canada
RNY on 02/09/12
 I am so bad at posting.....

So bowled for 1 hr.  Loads of fun and so much easier 65 lbs lighter.  The ball almost goes where I intend to aim it.  And did couch to 5 K day 4.  

Di

Referral: January 2010     Orientation: Dec 2010      1st Appt's : April 26/2011       Surgery : Feb 9 / 2012      

Starting Weight:  265   Surgeons Goal : 187lbs    Personal Goal: 150lbs 

Most Active
Recent Topics