long weekend NSV's

Robin H.
on 7/3/12 3:42 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
Okay I have always been an avid camper and never let my size stop me, I must admit this weekend made me realize how much it limited me in the past though.

Sleeping on the ground has been what we have been doing for some time and although not always the most comfortable definitely doable.  This weekend when I got up in the morning there was no issues crawling out of the tent or getting up to my feet.  No assistance needed I will admit my hips hurt a bit....  less "padding" on them to cushion the hard ground. 

Swimming was a blast and there was a marker in the water that I swam to many times a day some times kids in tow and other times just to escape the kids LOL.  The bugs were really bad this weekend and as soon as you were out of the water it was a feeding frenzy.  So every time I exited the water I walked the beach back and forth until I was dry.  It was great exercise and I even jogged the beach a few times.

The pack up was a breeze.  No issues bending down and rolling sleeping bags or the awkward angle to sweep out the tent was even easy. No sore back and imagine that I can Breath when bent over LOL. 

We decided to stop at my parents camp on the way home and due to their road being really rough one of the vehicles could not make it in so we piled everyone into one vehicle.  So instead of taking space me and the dog walked in up and down crazy hills and over rocks etc.  I wasn't even winded.  I know that I could have walked that last year but man I would have not been nearly as quick and I would have been totally out of breath. 

A few things I must get before next camping trip is 1. New swim suit bottoms, thank goodness the water was dark because the full moon was out many times this past weekend lol
2. extra padding for hips when sleeping

Robin

Monica M.
on 7/3/12 4:17 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
those are awesome NSVs, Robin. I went camping this weekend too, and it was soooo nice.. (i do notice the lack of padding on the hips, tho..ouch...) but yeah, overall, what an incredible difference.

Btrue2u
on 7/3/12 7:13 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12

Great job to both of you

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Arlio1207
on 7/3/12 7:17 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13
 What are NSV's?
Btrue2u
on 7/3/12 7:44 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Non Scale Victories

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Catw
on 7/3/12 7:14 am - Arnprior, Canada
 Love your camping NSVs.  We have a tent trailer, and it was nice being able to walk through without side stepping!

Cathy

JJ_
on 7/3/12 8:11 am
Woohooo!!!  Way to go Robin.  Love your NSVs   and the full moon story  .

Judy
Cwuddy
on 7/3/12 9:43 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 08/28/12
 Congrats!  Those are awesome NSV's!!

Vicky - SW = 299   CW = 138

sam1am
on 7/3/12 10:03 am
Great NSV's!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Megan M.
on 7/3/12 12:58 pm - Canada
Great NSV's Robin.  I have never been an avid camper person, so I can't relate to your weekend.  I prefer to camp in a 4-star with an elevator, lovely padded bed, and marble in the bathroom.  But really, I'll take anything that has a clean bed, flush toilet, and warm shower!.  Glad you had a great weekend.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Most Active
Recent Topics