how do i help this dry mouth thing happening all the time..leg spasums??

Leafsfan1982
on 8/1/12 11:45 am - Canada
in lots of pain...i really hope my energy or some of it comes back soon :(
ShallowGirl
on 8/1/12 11:56 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
Not enough detail in your post to assist.

When did you have surgery?

Dry mouth = dehydration
Leg Spasms = vitamin or mineral deficiency (iron, calcium, magnesium...)

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

flyingwoman
on 8/1/12 12:00 pm, edited 8/1/12 12:01 am
Dry mouth, muscle spasms and low energy are all advanced dehydration symptoms. How much liquid are you getting in daily?
Monica M.
on 8/1/12 12:16 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
make sure you're getting in enough fluids. What colour is your urine? it should be straw coloured. If its tea coloured, you're dehydrated.

Walk as much s you can tolerate, the pain could be gas pains, in which case you need to walk those farts out

Please come back and post answers to these questions...

JJ_
on 8/1/12 12:19 pm

Try ice chips for the dry mouth.  It helps having something to suck on occasionally.

Leg spasms?  Could be a sign of potassium deficiency.  Or as others have pointed out....dehydration.

Judy

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/1/12 12:22 pm - Windsor, Canada
 I feel for ya!  I had awful toe cramping for a while.  I did the banana  thing.  It eventually stopped 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Leafsfan1982
on 8/1/12 12:47 pm - Canada
surgery..july 17th

i drink about 2 -3 cups of water a day...i dry for more...

i think its straw colour i believe..(pee)

i also started my period so i`m guessing some of pain is from that..lol

Btrue2u
on 8/1/12 1:51 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
You really need to be drinking more..... are you drinking anything else ...protein drinks crystal light ? You should be getting a minimum of 64 oz .....Hope this works out  

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

PatXYZ
on 8/1/12 1:55 pm
If this is all you've been drinking then you are dehydrated and need to go to a hospital to get IV fluids. Then you need to smarten up and start getting 8 glasses of fluids a day, particularly water and protein shakes. Have you been taking your vitamins?
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
Monica M.
on 8/1/12 8:33 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
take  notice of the colour, for me please...

i bet some of this pain is from your period, try a hot pack or something like that, on your tummy or back.

Hugs.

Most Active
Recent Topics