Yeah Food!

MammaBear115
on 1/29/15 6:22 am

very happy today!  Got the okay to start puréed goods.  Now I'm not sure what to eat beyond yogurt, and soup.

Soo.... What were some of your favourite high protein puréed meals?

Seyenna
on 1/29/15 6:55 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I blended up some carrots and turnips and added powdered protein powder to it. That seems to be all about I could tolerate. That and my homemade broth.  I found that most things just made my stomach turn (some things still do). Good luck!

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

betony63
on 1/29/15 7:02 am

Yay, you get to chew and everything!

Are you allowed cottage cheese? I read about a mock lasagna - ricotta, tomato sauce and grated cheese heated up. I can't wait to try that one.

GUELPH. Referral: Dec 6/13. Orientation: Mar 6/14, Post-op Diet Class: Sept 22/14, Meeting with Surgeon: Dec 2/14, Surgery: Jan 22/15

crqvingchange
on 1/29/15 8:31 am

Refried beans with sour cream, cheese, taco sauce.   Also check out the world according to Egg face she has lots of recipes and ideas for every eating phase.

MammaBear115
on 1/29/15 8:53 am

I have been hungry since 2 days out and had no aversions... 😞 still a foodie. But already portions are in check!

awesome ideas!  I have been scared to try rich foods but will go for it... 

Trying to think of cottage cheese ideas.  Like the salsa one...& Refried beans.

i will check out eggface!

Thanks!

TES
on 1/29/15 9:50 am - Ottawa, Canada

A bit of hummus ... the flavour explosion was WONDERFUL after all the blandness.  I also blended white beans with some broth and spices, a bit of fat free cottage cheese.  A few spoonful fill you up and it tastes so good.  :)

TeS

PepperBB
on 1/29/15 10:52 am - Canada

Chilli was my life saver!! That with a little ricotta cheese!! 

Butternut squash and mushroom soup

Also, not really loved by all, but still a snack staple for me is liverwurst, on a cracker or Melba toast! Laughing cow was a good one too 

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Millie146
on 1/29/15 10:57 am - Canada

Hi Mamma Bear. ..I have a soft spot for Shelly's baked ricotta! I used light ricotta... it's a hit with my family. The link to the recipe is http://the world according to egg face. Blogspot.ca/2007/08/pureed-foods.html 

The first few meals I stuck to bland recipes from the book... like the high protein mashed potatoes and the soups with beans.  Hope you enjoy this new phase of the journey!

Millie...............MFP: millie0101

MammaBear115
on 1/29/15 12:29 pm

Yum!  I knew I would get some great ideas!!

tomorrow I may try salsa😁

Most Active
Recent Topics