What are you eating/doing Tuesday?

Ginnny
on 4/4/17 4:05 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op 11-3/4 months

Good morning Menu Mates! Yesterday's run almost did me in. Was three 5 min jogging segments with a 3 min walk in between. I wanted to quit before the third 5 mins, but I'm too dang stubborn. It was a challenge! Funny when you think 5 mins is nothing but let me tell ya, it is SOMETHING!! Good work out at the gym last night also, was struggling with some of the weights, so I guess that's a good thing. When it gets easy again, time to move up!

No running today but will be at the gym after work. Taking my swimsuit too so I can get in the pool.

Eats today:

B - pemeal bacon, 1 egg, 1 slice of cheese

S - deli turkey with mustard

L - homemade chicken salad (5 oz) with cucumber slices

S - kielbasa and an old cheddar cheese string

D - bbq pork chop

Total Cal 859, Carbs 16, protein 108

Have a great Tuesday, even if the sun isn't shining.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Meggles07
on 4/4/17 4:37 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Off to school today for a meeting. Then I have to pick up my dress for my sister's wedding if I have time.

Yesterday we got our outside stairs built and I love them. They are super sturdy and much safer than the old ones. Puppy 1 went outside about 10 times in a row to check out her new stairs too. We had planned to build them ourselves, but it kept getting pushed to the backburner, so I'm glad we finally decided to just get them done.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - tbd - might be served at meeting

Snack - yogurt, sausage

Dinner - bunless burger

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

birdiegirl
on 4/4/17 5:16 am

RNY 8 Years Post Op

Morning

Ginnny that's a lot of exercise. I absolutely hate running. Hurts my whole bod and now I must be extra cautious due to past fractures. Hope its fun for you.

As promised, today will be low carb and low calorie to try and balance yesterdays madness. Had a lovely time though sitting in the sunshine sipping my Peroni.

Today, lots of chores around the house and hopefully a nap in there to try and get better rested.

EATS

B - Eggbeaters, 3/4 cup

L - 2.5 oz of grilled chicken tenders ( boneless, skinless)

2 cups of romaine

2 TB of bolthouse dressing

2 TB of parmesan

D - Laura's lean hamburger patty

Arnolds Thins as the bun

thick slice of tomato and 1 TB of shredded cheese

S - 2.5 oz of chicken tenders with 2 TB of shredded cheese to moisten everything up

The only way this menu works for me to keep hunger at bay is due to the dense protein ( chicken).

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are: Calories - 750, Carbs - 32 Grams, Protein - 85 Grams

All water and vits - herbal tea and maybe some more decaf coffee

Have a great one

Ginnny
on 4/4/17 5:49 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

No Birdie, running is not fun for me! I hate it too but I committed to this program so I feel like I have to see it through, even though most everyone else that was there on day one have gone MIA. I don't mind the workouts at the gym though so its a balance. Once the running program is done then I will revert back to going for 5 km walks on my lunch, unless of course by the end I love running!! But I can't see that happening!

Your menu looks good today! And as I'm reading it I realize I forgot to take my multi this morning. Oops will get it in tonight.

A side note, the scale said I was down 5.1 lbs today from yesterday ??? I'll take it but we'll see if it stays here or better yet continues downward.

Take care,

Daisydoo02
on 4/4/17 12:57 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Legit down 5.1 lbs?!?!

I could not be MORE PROUD of you!

keep up the awesome work Ginny!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Ginnny
on 4/5/17 4:07 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Thanks Daisy, that's what the scale says....I'm hoping it holds or drops in the next couple days....staying the course!!

Daisydoo02
on 4/4/17 1:02 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

It's really nice to see a long term Vet who is so successful show is what you are eating. I have so much respect for you that you openly tell us this is how a person this far out can eat and that you do have to eat clean as well. I love that you straight up tell us that eating dense protein is what keeps hunger at bay, amen to that girl!

Thank you for all you do for us newbies Birdie & all your awesome advice

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

birdiegirl
on 4/4/17 1:12 pm

Very sweet of you Daisy

crqvingchange
on 4/4/17 6:16 am

Good morning everyone. Everyone's menu looks so good. Ginny nice drop on the scale. Maybe your stupid scale decided to smarten up. Meg I would love to see the puppy checking out the stairs. Puppy therapy is the best. Birdie, Now I have a craving for burgers with a big slice of tomato (you are ruthless, lol)

This morning I'm going swimming, then a trip to Costco, a doctor's appointment, more errands and tonight a yoga class.

The eats today at 2.5 years post-op are:

Mega gallons of decaf with Premier Protein Vanilla used as creamer/sweetener

Steak sauteed with sweet peppers (fajita style) guacamole, and some fresh salsa

Turkey with gravy and a salad with spinach, kale, cucumber, sweet peppers, and Bolthouse dressing

SKYR yogurt with all the fixin's

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 4/4/17 7:12 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

CC when I was at Costco on the weekend I picked up a bag of parmesan whisps. A Tasty little snack when you need the crunch. A serving is about 15 whisps and is 100 calories and 9 grams of protein. Not something I'd eat everyday, and yes I know I could make my own, but hey. If you like parmesan cheese, they're worth having a look at.

Most Active
Recent Topics