What are you eating/doing Monday?

Ginnny
on 4/10/17 4:11 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op 1 YEAR!!! (well this day, but tmr is the date!)

Good morning everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!! Tired today, of course, why would a weekend make you rest up? Looking forward to this short work week. Not much on the go, run at lunch today, outside in the sunshine....ugh 20 mins solid jogging......fingers crossed....have to go to my brothers after work and help paint....I do the edging, then I may go the gym later or not, haven't decided I'm thinking not likely but we'll see.

My day is sort of planned, but not logged yet.

B - leftover insides of a chicken shwarma....garlicky goodness, I just love that stuff!

S - 2 boiled eggs

L - taco salad

S deli turkey

D - chicken with sautéed veg, sour cream, cheese

will plug in to MFP later. not feeling it today....bring on Thursday at 430.....le sigh

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Meggles07
on 4/10/17 5:41 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I spent a large portion of yesterday picking up garbage from our lawn. I would estimate I picked up around 200-300 cigarette butts. We live at the end of a street on a corner (T intersection?). All the garbage blows our way so I have to pick it up before we start our lawn and garden stuff. That's next on the list.

Today I have a doctor's appointment. Don't know what else I will do. Sounds like we will get rain today, so I might do some things around the house.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - chili, cheese

Snack - pepperette, pickles

Dinner - tbd

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 4/10/17 8:58 am

Good morning everyone. it is still morning right? Trying to get a lot done today. DH and I are going to a banquet tonight and I have to run errands then get ready.

Ginny Happy Surgiversary. I can't believe it's 1 year already. So proud of you for doing this running. Meg, there is a lot of garbage that I have been picking up off of our lawn, along with small branches. I think the wind storms we had a few weeks ago blew everything onto our lawn. It's a good excuse to get outside in the sunshine and reconnect with neighbours that have been hibernating during the cold months.

The eats today at 2.5 years post-op:

Many cups of decaf and a protein shake

This one is up in the air. This event happens only once a year, and I allow myself to "taste" DH's dessert, and whatever else I would not normally eat. The fact that my dress is snug will keep me mostly on the straight and narrow.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 4/10/17 10:45 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

The run was awful today CC. I felt like I could barely run at all. The fire chief came out and ran with me. He is an avid runner and does marathons. I felt like such a failure today.

Oh well, can't improve if I don't keep at it. Wednesday is another day.

At least it was nice to get outside and enjoy the warm day....looks like a storm is rolling in now!

crqvingchange
on 4/10/17 11:03 am

You are not a failure. A failure would be you sitting home on the couch and doing nothing. You are Amazeballs (that's right, I said it). Maybe your secret plan was to have the cute Fire Chief run with you. Totally appreciate that. Could you have done this a year ago? Don't make me give up my fancy-ass banquet to drive over to your house and kick your butt.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Kathy1212
on 4/10/17 2:03 pm

Happy Surgiversary, Ginny!

I'm having a lazy day today; major pounding headache, and a sore neck. I slept weird. We had a big storm last yesterday and it thundered all night; the light show was amazing. Someone's shed was struck by lightning and it burned down but didn't spread, thank goodness. We have a flood alert today because we had over 40 mm of rain yesterday, and more today. So no bike ride or walk outdoors for me.

Breakfast: half slice of fold it flat bread (8 carbs), 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, apple cinnamon tea with 2 tbsp premier protein as whitener.

Lunch: half can of tuna packed in water with 1 tbsp chipotle spread, more tea.

Supper: Unsure, but it will be 2-3 ounces of some sort of meat based protein, probably chicken.

Snack: Premier protein or yogurt, depending on how I feel.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

OrangeBlossom17
on 4/10/17 6:17 pm

I am realizing that I need to put much more effort into planning meals for the week. If I don't have a plan I wait to long to eat and I am over hungry I don't make smart choices.

Ginny you have inspired me to run. I started today using the Running Room's Learn to Run plan. today was 1 min jogging 2 min walking X 7, total 21 min distance 1.8km it was tough!!

B-Greek yogurt and steel cut oats, 1/2 cup milk

L-chicken and salad

D- cheese quesadillas

snack - orange and 2 cups popcorn

Referred:Oct 2016 Orientation: Jan 9th/17 Nurse: Apr 4th/17 PreOp Class 1: Apr 2017 Nut/SW:Jun 13th/17 Psych:Jun 29th/17 PreOp Class 2: July 11th/17 Meet the Surgeon:July 12th/17 Endoscopy: July 21st/17 RNY Surgery: August 25th/17

Opti-15lbs M1-18.5lbs M2-12.5lbs M3-10lbs M4-10lbs M5-4lbs M6-15lbs, M7-5lbs M8-

Ginnny
on 4/11/17 4:00 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good for you for getting started!! I know how tough it is! Just take it day by and listen to your body.

I downloaded C25K and it's tough....it's an 8 week program but the last few weeks really ramp it up. Last week I was doing 8 min jog, 5 min walk and then it jumped to jog for 20 mins straight....needless to say that didn't happen. Week 6 will start tomorrow for me, it seems a little more reasonable, well at least day one does.

Good luck with your running, and yes, you need to plan your meals! Make's it so much easier. I'm usually planning my next day while I'm cooking my dinner.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Most Active
Recent Topics