What are you eating/doing Tuesday?

Ginnny
on 4/11/17 3:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op 1 year.

Well today is the official one year anniversary of my surgery date. April 11, 2016. Still a work in progress but consider myself to be successful. While the post-op life has become my new norm, it doesn't make it easy. Some days are harder than others while other days you would never know I was different.

Today is another odd day. Have a lunch/business meeting this afternoon so not sure what I'll have. We are meeting at East Side Mario's - something protein to balance my numbers and maybe a little of their salad.

Off to the gym after work.

B - 1/2 bagel thin, 1 tbsp. PB and 2 oz raspberries

S - Oikos greek yogurt and 3 turkey slices

L -??

S - ??

D - chicken with sautéed veg, cheese, sour cream

Totals without my afternoon filled in Cal 645, carbs 58, protein 61

Have a great day everyone.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

OrangeBlossom17
on 4/11/17 4:26 am

Good morning! I have a day long meeting today with lunch and snacks provided, I am not sure what there will be but I will do my best. I am very sore today from my first day of a learn to run, a session of yoga should help. I also have a synchronized swimming practise tonight.

Have a great day.

Referred:Oct 2016 Orientation: Jan 9th/17 Nurse: Apr 4th/17 PreOp Class 1: Apr 2017 Nut/SW:Jun 13th/17 Psych:Jun 29th/17 PreOp Class 2: July 11th/17 Meet the Surgeon:July 12th/17 Endoscopy: July 21st/17 RNY Surgery: August 25th/17

Opti-15lbs M1-18.5lbs M2-12.5lbs M3-10lbs M4-10lbs M5-4lbs M6-15lbs, M7-5lbs M8-

ready-4-new-start
on 4/11/17 5:14 am - Canada

Morning everyone

Ginny Happy Surgiversary

Today is also my 1 year anniversary, can't believe how fast it went. Wasn't easy year but don't regret it. Took today off was supposed to see surgeon for my 1 year but it got cancelled. Going take advantage of the nice weather. Last night went for 5 km hike lots of hills the biggest hill I didn't have to stop and wasn't out of breathe. For my 1 year I am getting tattoo done excited to see how it's going to turn out, getting it done on my forearm to keep me motivated

Breakfast protein shake

snack Greek yogurt

lunch chicken with salad

dinner fish with vegs

snack fruit with protein

Have a great day,

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

Patm
on 4/11/17 7:09 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations. Let us know what your tattoo is. I have chronic pain so could never image getting one and putting myself though more pain but love to see other peoples.

ready-4-new-start
on 4/11/17 6:32 pm - Canada

It owl tattoo, I cried not because of the pain it turned out so good. The artist was so excited to do the tattoo and the meaning behind it he should did amazing job.. I told him it's for weight loss but I didn't tell him I had the surgery. When he was doing my tattoo he told me he thinks it's amazing what I am doing and enjoy being part of it said thank you for letting him do this art work. He said he loved the owl I picked and what it represents. Then he was telling me about the lady he tattoo this morning said she having weight loss surgery in June she said her sister had the surgery lost over 200lbs. I felt so comfortable with him I told him I had the surgery 1 year ago today.. He congratulated me I showed him my before and after pics he was so shocked. He truly put a lot of effort into his work to make this amazing anniversary for me!! I also got 3 feathers falling to represent the weight loss in one of the feathers I had him put my surgery date u can hardly see it if u don't know it there.. he did a wonder job with the shading.. i will post pics soon. I also got the word courage, thank u to the person for this suggestion it looks amazing..

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

crqvingchange
on 4/11/17 10:52 am

Ready you and Ginny are surgery twins. Happy Surgiversary. Wishing you many, many, many more.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 4/11/17 5:51 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Off to school for a bit today. I'm in the process of cleaning out my desk. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of April so a new student can move in. Today I'm moving my computer equipment into storage on the off chance I need it in the next year.

Then I have back to back to back meetings. The last one is one that was rescheduled before, so hopefully it doesn't happen again. They are serving pizza, so I'm hoping to stay away from that.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - pepperoni and cheese

Snack - yogurt, almonds

Dinner - chicken and veg

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

Linda M.
on 4/11/17 6:37 am - Orillia, Canada

Congratulations Ginny. How exciting. I bet it's gone by quickly.

I read what everyone is eating and believe it keeps you honest and encouraged (for the most part). It's also a good place to get meal ideas.

I will be moving into the third stage (soft foods) next Wednesday. When is a good time to use this site to share what I am eating. I am tracking through My Fitness Pal and Bariastic (unsure which one is best) so I am tracking fluid, protein and, to a lesser degree, calories.

Many thanks for your advice. I'm excited to see your progress.

Linda

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Patm
on 4/11/17 7:10 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Welcome to the thread. Feel free to join in anytime

Ginnny
on 4/11/17 8:05 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hi Linda, anytime is a good time to start participating in the menu thread. If you've been reading you'll have noticed that the meals often inspire others to get cooking.....or maybe it's cravings......either way, some great ideas are had by reading what others are doing.

I use MFP to track my calories/carbs and protein. I don't pay attention to the other things. Early on it's most important to get your protein and fluids in. Calories are secondary although you don't want those getting out of hand.

Sounds like you're on the right track, a little more usage and you'll soon figure out which program works best for you!

Stay connected!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Most Active
Recent Topics