What are you eating/doing Wednesday?

Ginnny
on 5/10/17 2:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Post Op 12+ months

Good morning Pouch Pals! Happy Hump Day! Too early to tell what the weather is going to be like. I was up at 3:40 for a bathroom call and couldn't get back to sleep. I have a meeting in Oakville this morning so my food planning hasn't really happened.

No plans for they gym or running today because of my schedule but I will be working outside tonight to get ready for a camping weekend at the farm this weekend.

B - 1 egg, 1 cheese slice, 1/2 sausage

S - cucumber slices, 4 strips of bacon

That's all I've really got. Lunch might be Wendy's chili and I have deli turkey in the fridge at work for whenever I get there. Supper may be a leftover sausage, we'll see. As I said no plan....

Have a great day everyone!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 5/10/17 4:20 am

Good morning Ginny and Pouch Pals. Yesterday was another one of those days. I couldn't get a hold of my relative that is ill and was frantically calling everywhere. Called the neighbours across the street from him and they checked the house and no one was there. Finally tracked him down in the ER of one of the 3 city hospitals. He is stable, and I got to speak with him, but it was a worrying day. Trying to get everything here in Canada sorted before I go down and spend time with him. I'm trying to get my medications for more than a month so that I'll have a supply while I'm down there, also getting medical insurance for me. More banking today and more errands.

Today I'm swimming this morning, followed by yoga (I really need this my back is very angry with all the running around that I've been doing). The moment I get in the warm pool it's like an instant pain reliever that lasts for a few hours. The rest of the day will be more errands and calls.

The eats today at 2.5 years post-op are:

Rivers of decaf with Premier Protein used as creamer/sweetener

Lunch is poached egg on jumbo shrimp on thinly sliced avocado with a little Hollandaise

Spaghetti squash with Bolognese sauce and a turkey meatball (using up what is in the freezer)

SKYR yogurt with all the fixin's

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Daisydoo02
on 5/10/17 5:04 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I am so sorry to hear about your sick relative in the US. Its so hard when we live so far away. Good Detective work on finally finding him at the ER! I hope he is feeling better. I don't know which State you are going to but I hope its one of the Southern ones and you can enjoy some sun and warm temps.

Take care of that back! I went to step class last night and while stretching twinged by back so it was heating pad on it all night so appreciate you loving a warm pool. I asked my hubby recently if we could get a hot tub, he is "thinking" about it

You swim a lot and I love to swim, what kind of suit to do have an where did you get it? I would like to get back into swimming and was at Sport Check on the weekend looking at suits, nothing there was under $85!!!

Your menu is always spectacular! Where you a Chef in a former life? Hope your back feels better soon!

crqvingchange
on 5/10/17 9:04 am

I've ordered expensive TYR suits that last really well with a highly chlorinated pool, but truthfully the best buys have been at Giant Tiger. As long as the suit is over 80% polyester (some add in spandex which stretches over time) they usually won't fade in the pool. I go for a tankini top and board shorts on the bottom. I've bought end of season tankini tops at GT for as low as $5.

Definitely not a chef in my former life. Think academia. I am more of a lazy cook. I use packaged or jarred sauces (PC Black Label has a new premade Hollandaise near the butter). I buy premade burgers from the butcher, precooked shrimp, baby mixed salad greens, I even have a microwave egg poacher.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 5/10/17 4:22 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

We have a hottub and love it!! Good luck on convincing Arun on getting one!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Daisydoo02
on 5/10/17 5:00 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Up at 3:40am, oh boy that's middle of the night! I love Wendys/Tim Hortons' chili, I ate a ton of that as a fresh post op! Have fun packing for the camping trip. Get some rest!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Linda M.
on 5/10/17 5:38 am - Orillia, Canada

Good morning all,

I, too, am sorry you had such a worrying day CC. I had an aunt in Ohio that we ended up bringing back to Ohio to take care of her as she had no children and my uncle had passed on. It wasn't her first choice as she had moved there after the war and considered Port Clinton home. However, she also didn't want to move into a retirement home. It was a difficult time, but she received the care from us (my sister and I on a rotating basis) that she needed.

I'm going for a walk today after work and will see how far I get. Exercise still winds me a bit, but it's getting better every day.

B - protein shake

S - Cheese string

L - 1/2 turkey sausage with green beans

S - Skyr and applesauce

D - Scrambled egg with cheddar cheese and salsa

Calories: 546, Protein: 62, Carbs: 29. All water and vitamins.

Enjoy your day.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

Meggles07
on 5/10/17 5:44 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Two puppy related errands today 1) see if the glasses she ate can be salvaged, 2) take her to the vet to get her ear cleaned and treated. She is a cavalier spaniel with long ears so they are prone to ear infections.

For me, in better news, after stopping the one med for two days and changing nothing else as far as I can tell, I'm back down two pounds. I'm not sure whether I want to be thinner and tired or heavier and less tired. No, just kidding. There's no contest there. I told the doctor that for me, after having WLS, a medication that makes me gain weight is terrifying. He told me to just "diet and exercise". I seriously thought I would be done hearing that from doctor's after surgery.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - carrots and pb

Lunch - chicken and veg

Snack - egg, pickles

Dinner - beef and veg

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

Patm
on 5/10/17 5:58 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Doctor sounds like an idiot. Hard decision on the meds.

crqvingchange
on 5/10/17 9:07 am

I'm with Pat, he's an idiot.

Most Active
Recent Topics