What are you eating/doing Friday?

Ginnny
on 1/5/18 4:30 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Good morning everyone!

I've been fighting that damn cold that's been going around but I think it's finally settling in. You know I'm sick when I can sleep through until my alarm and say "screw the gym". UGH Thankfully today is Friday. I'm in a food rut lately, I went through some of my recipes last night and hopefully, if I'm not feeling like **** I can prepare a few new things on the weekend for the freezer.

Post Op 20+ mos

The plan if I can get it in.....if not will be coffee, premier protein shakes, and of course my water.

B - 2 scrambled eggs

S - oikos key lime

L - egg salad, cucumbers, deli turkey

S - pepperette, cheese stick

D - 1 soft taco, cheese, sour cream

Cal 1096, Carbs 40, Protein 91

Have a great day everyone.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

Meggles07
on 1/5/18 5:27 am - Canada

Ginny, I hope you feel better soon!!

Good morning :)

Not much planned for today. I would like to go pick up the supplies to make CC's cheesecake recipe. Since DH is still under the weather I think we will have a quiet weekend.

Post-op two years, ten months.

Breakfast - protein pops

Snack - yogurt, banana

Lunch - spaghetti sauce and veggies

Snack - chicken

Dinner - spaghetti sauce and salad

Snack - cheese, crackers

All water and vits.

Kathy1212
on 1/5/18 6:32 am

Ginny, I'm so sorry you're sick, and hope you'll feel better soon.

I had yet another family party last night that I couldn't avoid because it was here at my house. Sheesh; this is getting crazy. Every time I think that was the last holiday party there seems to be one more. So once again the house was full of off plan foods. I am so sick of seeing chips/chocolates/cookies/cake/pie in the house. It's just too hard.

I gained 1.2 Lbs over Christmas and managed to lose 1.4 Lbs this week, despite the two extra parties and the indulgences, probably because we had one warmer day where the weather was -11 instead of -25 so I was able to go for a nice long walk. Now it's -27, -37 with the wind chill, and we have super high winds so I'll be indoors. I'm going to ride my exercise bike or play some active Kinect games for exercise today. When it's this cold I can't even get to the pool because just going to the car triggers my asthma. I sure miss my long bike rides and nature hikes. Every year at this time I wonder why I don't live somewhere warmer, lol.

Menu:

Breakfast: 2 decaf with 1/4 cup premier protein in each, cheese string, clementine.

Lunch: chicken

Supper: garlic shrimp (yum!)

Snack: pepperette, string cheese, clementine

*If I'm tempted to snack on some of the goodies still in the house, I'll have a Quest Protein peanut butter cup, Quest chips or sugar free gummies (super high fibre, 0 carbs).

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 1/5/18 9:11 am

Kathy I like your supper. lots of garlic is what I need to kill the cold germs.

Having a house full of Christmas treats is hard. I'm trying to give away the chocolate in the house, but no takers.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

crqvingchange
on 1/5/18 7:59 am

Good morning everyone. Ginny i'm sorry you've got this stupid cold. Mine just seems to be hanging on. Yesterday I drank too many calories in hot drinks and the scale is up 1 pound this morning.

No exercise for me today. Going swimming yesterday felt great, but this morning I slept in because I needed the rest.

DH is sick too, and said he's not up to going out tonight. So it's going to be a quiet night in watching TV and having a fire.

3 years post op

B. Lots of decaf, Smartbun with 1 Burnbrae crustless quiche egg patty on the bun, thick slice of beefsteak tomato.

L. Hamburger on a Smartbun with sliced avocado and some WF Chipotle Mayo

D. Smothered chicken breast with caramelized onions and mushrooms in the gravy on top.

Totals 883, Carbs 60, Fibre 30, Fat 47, Protein 92

Have a great day everyone.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Ginnny
on 1/5/18 10:16 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Breakfast looks yummy! I haven't seen those Burnbrae things. I was thinking about making some egg bites for the freezer but just haven't gotten around to it. My Trucker doesn't like quiche so making a large one is really pointless. Making a lot of recipes is pointless because he won't eat it and by the time I get around to eating it all it'd probably be gross in the freezer.

Crazy to think about calories in our hot drinks .... I just went out at lunch and picked up a few groceries, grabbed a Weigh****cher loaf of multi grain and put my egg salad on that. YUM. Nice to have "real" food. I didn't bother getting my deli turkey out of the fridge because I doubt I'll need it. I just added it for filler so the bread will take its place.

I'm really thinking of how to change up my menu so I don't get in such a rut and I think the odd bread here and there will do it. I was never much of a sandwich person so I'm not afraid of sliding into a deep hole, its just nice to have a little something with your protein ya know? And the weigh****cher line of products is low carb. I'll keep an eye on things and see how it goes.

We won't be doing anything tonight either. Just looking forward to getting home and into my jammers.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 1/5/18 10:27 am

The Burnbrae egg patties I got at Zehrs. They have lots of flavours and come 2 individually wrapped patties to a package. They are in the freezer section. They range from 100-160 cal. per patty depending on the flavour. Perfect breakfast sandwich size.

The Smartbuns I got from Low Carb Canada. I keep them in the freezer and they are also individually wrapped. The stats for them are Calories 72, Carbs. 16 (12g fibre), Fat 4, Protein 10. They are expensive, but I got them on sale and I figure I'm worth it. They are made mostly with fibre and eggs. Very light, slightly sweet. I first bought them when I was in the States and they were on sale in a lot of stores.

I was looking for a fast prep breakfast sandwich and this fit the bill.

Most Active
Recent Topics