What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

crqvingchange
on 5/14/18 9:17 pm

Good morning Menu Peeps. I'm sorry I was MIA yesterday, but I fried the motherboard on my computer and I am now in possession of a brand new laptop.

Yesterday I spent the morning in Guelph for a doctor's visit, but I also made a trip to the Guelph Costco to get some Premier Protein in Vanilla flavour to use in my coffee.

This morning I'm going swimming, and then heading to the gym. This afternoon I am back in Guelph to see the internist.

Accountability: Nope. When I was in Costco people kept shoving samples in my mouth. Twice IOGO protein yogurt was shoved in my mouth. Those people are ruthless.

Question of the Day: What is your favourite summer activity. For me, I love outdoor concerts on a sunny day, or listening to live music on a patio. Cafes and people watching are high on my list too.

The eats today at 3 years 9 months post-op:

B. Rivers of decaf with Premier Protein Vanilla added as creamer.

B2. after swimming. Scrambled eggs with bacon, peppers, and fresh salsa.

S. Protein iced coffee at the gym

L. Trout on a salad of spring mix, cucumbers, sweet peppers,and avocado with WF Asian Sesame Ginger Dressing

S. Broccoli florets to dip in PC Greek Yogurt Roasted Red Pepper Dip

D. Half of a bacon/cheeseburger

Totals 969, Carbs 55, Fibre 22, Fat 42, Protein 117

All water and vitamins.

Have a great day and make great choices.

g

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 5/15/18 5:04 am - Canada

Good morning :)

What a storm last night!! Definitely woke us all up. And then puppy 2 rolled off the end of the bed this morning. I think we will all be having a nap today.

I'm going to run a bunch of errands. I was supposed to go to Walmart yesterday on my way home from lunch but I ended up going to my friend's house to meet their new kitten. Oh my goodness, I'm not much of a cat person but I love kittens (who couldn't!!) Lol. It is only about four pounds and very fiesty.

QOTD: I love BBQ season -- although I'm not the BBQ operator. And I actually enjoy gardening. I don't have a green thumb but we have a lot of hardy plants that can put up with my neglect and I like seeing them grow. I sprouted basil seeds this year and they all took off. I wasn't expecting this so I will probably share some :)

Post-op three years, two months.

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - toast and PB

Lunch - leftover beef kabobs

Snack - Greek yogurt

Dinner - BBQ chicken and salad

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 5/15/18 7:55 am

If a kitten isn't feisty, he's not feeling well. I looked after a kitten for a friend and I watched him climb drapes run around like he was possessed, attack non existent things, than fall down in one second to a complete sleep.

Mmmm basil. Caprese salad.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 5/15/18 8:17 am - Canada

I'm sure all kittens are fiesty, but according to my friends this one is more fiesty than their other one was. They just built their house last summer so the scratching is killing them. Everything is covered in blankets lol.

You could make a salad only for ants with the amount of basil I have now but I expect I could supply a restaurant by the end of the summer ;)

Kathy1212
on 5/15/18 8:51 am

Hi menu friends,

CC, you cracked me up with your Costco story, lol.

I've been feeling so much better now that spring is really here. Yesterday I did a 21 km bike ride, and am a bit sore today and am thinking I'll either go for a swim or a walk, or maybe both today, but definitely stay off my bike. I've done 93 km in the past 3 weeks (I alternate biking with walking) and my knees and upper back are feeling it.

QOTD: Bike riding, hiking, camping, and swimming in Lake Superior are my favorite summer activities. I love spring and summer, and even fall. I only hate winter, lol.

Foods:

Breakfast: 2 cups decaf, premier protein

Lunch: pepperette, cheese string, cantaloupe

Supper: Not sure, chicken I think.

Snacks: mixed green salad, watermelon, tea with premier protein as whitener

I need to go shopping for some imitation crab as I really love it in my salad and I'm all out. I also need to try to get my hair cut today. It's super long, half way down my back, and my regrowth is almost shoulder length now, and the two lengths keep getting tangled.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 5/15/18 9:08 am

Kathy that is amazing, 21k in 1 day. I'm with you on the winter hatred. You have inspired me to get off my butt and do some biking.

Kathy1212
on 5/15/18 9:40 am

Have fun! I love my bike, and my favorite route goes along side the river for almost half of the ride, so it's really pretty. I packed a snack and ate in the park while watching a beaver swim by.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 5/15/18 2:18 pm

Kathy that sounds idyllic.

corriev
on 5/15/18 9:37 am
VSG on 03/06/18

I went to the doctor on Friday, and all thumbs up on this end.. Bloods are good and im tracking well. Right after the appointment i went to Ottawa for opening of walleye fishing, we did very well and between Pike, Walleye and crappy we caught a bucket load of fish... so as you can gather, i love sitting on a dock fishing.

My pursuit for protein today is.

B - Vanilla protein Shake

S - slice home made roast beef

L - 1\2 can tuna in water, with cottage cheese

S - left over lunch

D - poached chicken breast with Catalina style salsa in trailer preparing for camping

S - Slice NF cheese

MFP says

Protein 81

Carb - 11

Fat - 7

crqvingchange
on 5/15/18 2:17 pm

Corrie I love that you say your pursuit for protein today is. Where is the fish on your menu?

Most Active
Recent Topics