What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

crqvingchange
on 9/4/18 3:33 am

Good morning Menu Maties. Hope you all had a good break. Sending hugs to a few of our members that might just need an extra hug today.

DH and I went to Collingwood on Saturday and it was a nice day until the skies opened up and it poured. The rest of our weekend was closer to home and getting a few things done around the house.

This morning I have to get flowers for a funeral, pay taxes, make calls and do errands. In all of that I want to fit in a swimming class and go to the gym. There may be a nap later.

Accountability: Managed to stay away from temptation, which was a win for me because there were lots of yummy temptations around all weekend. DH ate an entire piece of espresso cheesecake in front of me. It's a good thing I love that man, because in a weak moment I might have ripped him a new one.

Question of the Day: This is less of a question and more of a free yoga breathing class. When stres****s, and it often will, try a simple breathing exercise to quiet the mind and regain focus. Breath in slowly to the count of 3, hold for the count of 3, exhale slowly for the count of 3, hold for the count of 3, repeat. Try to breath deeply and slowly during this practice. Fill your lungs to the maximum and exhale fully. This is a way to calm the sympathetic nervous system. The nice thing is that no one can tell that you are doing this exercise, so you can do it when dealing with ******** emotional situations, when your mind is racing with trying to figure out how to solve the problems of the world, or when your husband eats every yummy thing in front of you and you need to not lose it. The breathing practice is called Pranayama.

The eats today at 4 years post-op are:

B. Olympic pools filled with decaf

L. Spicy chicken sausage with peppers, mushrooms, and a side salad

D. More of lunch, I am feeling exceptionally lazy in the kitchen.

Have a great day everyone and make good choices, you are worth it.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

shiney
on 9/4/18 8:42 am

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately this weekend wasn't my best, but I'm being kind to myself while I resume my normal eating. I'm currently obsessed with SKYR yogurt - any folks post op tried this? It's very thick but the protein content is wonderful. I eat it every single day.

B. SKYR yogurt with blue berries

L. Kale salad

D. Chicken and some veggies

Snack - Protein shake

*TWH* Referral - December 2017; Orientation - March 2018; SW Assessment - May 2018; Nurse Practitioner - June 2018; Nutrition Class - June 2018; Psych - August 2018; Dietitian - August 2018; Appt. w/ Surgeon - November 2018; Surgery date - January 2019

Weight loss

Pre-surgery: 14, M1: 18, M2: 9, M3: 8, M4: 10, M5:6 , M6:9

crqvingchange
on 9/4/18 8:49 am

I love SKYR yogurt. So nice and thick and it is less tangy than Greek yogurt. I have mixed it with SF pudding and ricotta to make a cheesecake like meal. I will buy the unflavoured and add my own SF flavouring, sometimes berries, sometimes chia and hemp seeds, sometimes walnuts. Lots of nutrition.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Monica9811
on 9/4/18 5:33 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I love my skyr yogurt. I add raspberry cranberry mio to it and the odd day will throw in some strawberries or blueberries. Has great protein numbers. Way better than any yogurt I've seen out there!

Meggles07
on 9/4/18 9:24 am - Canada

Good... Afternoon?? Lol ;)

Today is our first day where DH is working a full day. He has been coming home at noon to help with the baby. This was the first minute I've had to spare :)

Food has not been fantastic lately but I'm giving myself at least a month post-baby to get back on track. I've only weighed myself twice and I'm up about two pounds. The problem is that I'm a little tired (one of my triggers) and also eating all day and night. And the night snacks are quick to grab things. Sigh.

Not posting a menu but I'm currently three years and five months post-op. Trying to drink lots and lots of water!!

crqvingchange
on 9/4/18 9:45 am

Hi Meg. How is the little nugget doing?

Being an overtired Mom, post-par tum hormones, being overwhelmed by the incredible cuteness of a beautiful baby and 2 adorable pups, would interfere with the strongest of willpower. Take the time you need to get back on track, but limit the damage that you will have to recover from.

Have some easy/peasy night snacks ready. Nuts, HB eggs, yogurt and berries, chocolate protein shake that you can pour over ice, even some cut up veggies with hummus. Cookies and such won't give you the nutrition you need, and will just plummet your blood sugars after an insulin dump.

Do not make Ginny and I come to your house at 4 in the morning to do bootcamp. We are ruthless. OK maybe we would just play with the baby, we're not animals.

Meggles07
on 9/4/18 11:44 am - Canada

She is still so good. We go on Thursday again to see if she is still gaining appropriately. Then I'm hoping we can start adjusting to feeding more on her schedule -- we literally have alarms going off every three hours to feed her. That doesn't help with the sleep aspect ;)

I have already started transitioning to better, higher protein snacks. I do have protein bars as well, but I would like to reduce the number of those I'm eating. I had beef and veggies for lunch, and I'm planning to eat some chicken wings for my next snack ;) I will get there.

And you can definitely come play with the baby and puppies ;) lol. There is a whole lot of cuteness here right now!!

corriev
on 9/4/18 12:31 pm, edited 9/4/18 5:31 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Hello Peeps

Sorry i havent been around much - been moving offices and soon off to Vancouver to move them too. But we keep on the straight and narrow.

So we all have our Journeys and struggles, and how we remember them are all individual to ourselves. I went camping in grand bend this past weekend, So I went out and got some ink.. The center of the heart is my scar from my Angio.

My meals for today

B - Protein shake

S - Spitz

L - Tuna in water

S - Left over Tune

D - Grilled Chicken breast.

MFP says,

Protein - 111

carbs - 16

cal - 844

crqvingchange
on 9/4/18 1:01 pm

Corrie that is beautiful. A permanent symbol of you courage, strength and resilience.

"The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places".

Ernest Hemingway

rny_ivy
on 9/4/18 1:13 pm

Good morning CC and all!

Well, it's back to school so my life gets a bit crazy again. I'm really happy I was able to get some time off work this past weekend. My current schedule allows me to have Saturdays off as my weekend and all other days I have work and school, except Sunday which is just work. Changing careers can be busy! I see many Pranayama's in my future.

Accountability: Went out for dinner over the weekend and didn't eat the greatest. Went out for lunch today and it was better, but I think there's still room for improvement. I have such a love/hate relationship with eating at restaurants.

Today's pre-op eats (meal prep and dietitian recommendation of carbs):

B: Smoothie with milk, cottage cheese, blueberries, oats, and coconut extract

L: Keg steak (filet mignon) and Caesar salad,.... and one piece of their tasty bread

S: celery and hummus, although I may skip as I am still full from lunch and now would be when I eat it

D: "classy chicken", a recipe I found online, with broccolini and brown rice

post-op RNY (surgery date: April 5, 2019)

Most Active
Recent Topics