Topic: test

test

OH Developer 
Calo83
on 11/3/15 6:46 pm
RNY on 05/20/15
Topic: RE: NSV: Me + RNY + low carb diet appears to have beat PCOS

This gives me a lot of hope :)

no kids aren't my only reason for having had this surgery but it's on the list. I'll love the day when I hear that I've beaten pcos :)

CONGRATS

HW 350 SW 275 CW 182.3

stepping stone goal 180

gastric bypass may 20th

Calo83
on 11/3/15 6:42 pm
RNY on 05/20/15
Topic: RE: How long does it take after gastric bypass to have menses and hormones regulate?

I not sure but I do know that 6 months in i've got my first period in seven years! ( I've also already lost over 100 pounds)

HW 350 SW 275 CW 182.3

stepping stone goal 180

gastric bypass may 20th

crysogo
on 10/29/15 1:04 pm
Topic: RE: NEW-scared and needing support!

Thank you so much!!! Very informative and GOOD solid point there!~

I have decided to try ideal protein prior to surgery and give it my all- 7 weeks without carbs, sugar, diary and fruit- and I'm 20lbs lighter. So far so good- def not easy...although NONE of these things are... If the weight loss slows down or I fall back into old habits the surgery is my only other option. Living like this is not, and that is something I have come to terms with. My hubby although not going along with my journey completely has made some changes but most of all his support has been immense and very needed (I have cried over food!)

Anyways THANK YOU all for replying I appreciate the knowledge experience and support!

melindasemail
on 10/27/15 6:31 pm
Topic: RE: Does any WLS reduce facial hair???

What is the name of the medication you got prescribed?

sweetpotato1959
on 10/25/15 10:10 pm
Topic: RE: NEW-scared and needing support!

1) Miss? Eating fast and as much as I thought I wanted,... Drinking fluids and eating at the same time..Not being able to find clothing and being short of breath. Having my legs always rub and wearing out my pants... My shoulders hurting from my huge boobs. Yes I got to give up all that, and you must decide you will let go of all the bad habits and follow the instructions you are given by YOUR surgeon.

Now what did I gain...The ability to be able to bend over and tie my shoes. To play in the yard with my child...(she's grown now) ...Physical stamina...self confidence...ability to take care of myself and others as life dictated . I do have complications from my surgery, but without it, I believe I would be at best permanently disabled in a wheelchair, and at worst dead. My weight was spiraling up 20 lbs aevery 6 months...metabolism study proved greatly reduced rate. Blood sugars on the bottom..average of 40-60 over 24 hours

2) You will need a surgery to give you a tight control,... The surgery I had is not done at this time, It was decades ago.They have split the procedure I had done into at least two surgeries and have ommitted part of my procedure..

..You need to look at your health issues, your anticipated issues and Do the research on what is required to deal with...with each type of surgery you consider. Make a graph. Put it out... in a chart and make your own decision..put down pro's and cons of each considered procedure.

.There WILL be people here to support you in WHAT EVER that decision is. Make your decision yourself. Don't allow anyone to push you into any one surgery...not even a surgeon. This is your body, Your surgery and YOUR responsibility to take care of this precious TOOL you will have to gain control over this problem. Surgery is not the end all...It is the beginning of part, of this journey.

The pcos should reduce in symptoms as you loose 90-120 lbs,.. if you do not want to become pregnant and are exposed use Birth control for prevention. The PCOS will not go away until menopause.. I am there and the hair growth is finally reduced by 3/4.. I have a few hair I pluck, that cause sores if I don't.

3) Healing depends on the surgery/ surgeon and your body'sresponse. Try to get yourself as medically stable as possible with vitamins/Iron/calcium/magnesium. Get your zinc levels checked. your protein levels must be up for proper healing.

Be sure to get all info from your surgery team in writing...all pre and post op instructions...for short term, and intermediate and long term. Be sure they include explicit instructions for vitamins and supplements...with a follow up plan and diet /nutritional counseling.

....So you can be certain that they are clear and you can refer to them for years in the future. It will also take away the question, do I remember that right? Now how much calcium did my Dr say I needed...WLS changes these from the norms , for the rest of your life... make at least 3 or four copies,of these papers, before they are wore out.

Surgery is a permanent TOOL to help YOU gain control over a permanent problem.

MOST Doctors will not understand your surgery nor will they recognise it. Get a graph showing the exact procedure.. it should include any description of your intestines, if they are changed for pouching and etc. and a surgical account of the surgery you have done...You need to keep a copy of all these in a fire -proof secure file at home and your primary MD will need a copy. If you have complication these things can save you much pain.

4) My marriage was not affected by my surgery, it ended for another reason. My husband was supportive for me having surgery.

RE: your husband..He does not have to be on board to have surgery,himself... but having his support for your decision/or someone's support will be vital to your aftercare. It helps for someone to be able to remember the instructions...teachings...routines explained... sometimes two persons will remember different parts of an interview or appointment.

5) i don't do blogs... or any other site re: wt loss....so don't know.

sweetpotato1959
on 10/25/15 9:09 pm
Topic: RE: How long does it take after gastric bypass to have menses and hormones regulate?

Everyone is different... Generally the more weight you loose, the better control you will have with the PCOS,..Probably something in the rang of wtbloss of 90-120 lbs,,,... because some of those hormones are stored in the fat and the fat requires you to need more female hormones. the cysts respond with male hormones...It will not take the cysts, but can stop a large percent of "fat storage hormone"...for lack of better phrase. IF and When you get pregnant , that can affect the cysts and the hormones released by them...and that is a good thing...It can extend your fertility time..

sweetpotato1959
on 10/25/15 8:58 pm
Topic: RE: Dealing with PCOS post WLS

The metformin is key for PCOS control. Some people are able to get pregnant without help..Facial hair does slow, but from the metformin..There is a herb used in Vietnam for this condition...It was used for one of their Princesses..in .a book ..something"________From the vault". have to do a search.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1072 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3029 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3627 views